Jumpy Screen

MonkeysUncleByMarriage

Just reinstalled MVP for about the 100th time, but this time on a completely new computer. This computer is much bigger, faster, better than all previous pcs, and I am running Win 7 Ultimate. Everything seems to be in order for now, other than the screen is jumpy. Is there anything anyone knows to fix this problem?

Make sure you have the patches installed and Vertical Sync enabled. I had the same problem. Good luck!

I have installed patch #2, not sure what Vertical sync is.. can you elaborate?

Vertical Synch (sometimes referred to as VSync) is a video card setting. I can't remember if you can access it from the Options->Video Settings within the game, or if you have to get to your video card settings themselves to enable the option.

The only patch I installed was 2. I just downloaded the others and they will not install. They all say something an old file not present. I wonder if that is because after I installed patch 2, I installed the no cd patch because I always put my cds up. If I reinstall the normal exe, maybe all patches would install right? I see where patch 3 is a fix to the shuttering problem.

The only patch I installed was 2. I just downloaded the others and they will not install. They all say something an old file not present. I wonder if that is because after I installed patch 2, I installed the no cd patch because I always put my cds up. If I reinstall the normal exe, maybe all patches would install right? I see where patch 3 is a fix to the shuttering problem.

You get the error message because the patch installer will only run if it finds the default out-of-the-box versions of the files. If you reinstall the default, unpatched files, and then install the patch, it will work fine. Also, patch #2 had the fix for the stuttering issue.

did you buy a gaming rig or is it designed for something else? you don't need a high end card to play this game, but you need more than many that come with a prebuilt system. if the system isn't designed for gaming, even if it's a new powerful computer, you should expect this to happen. i would try patch 2 like jim said first. for cpu-z, just do a screen capture of the different tabs. it will tell us what kind of hardware you're running.

Have you tried reinstalling a fresh game and installing patch 2 as Jim mentioned. from what I see, your specs should be able to handle it unless your video card is going out. i'm running the game smoothly on a far inferior card.

Nah, but the more i think about it, the more I think before when I did have it installed on this PC, before I got Win 7, it does seem that I had to do something to make it run right but I can not remember for the life of me what it was. I have searched the forums here and at MLB for my old posts to see if I posted at that time, but cant find anything relevant.

Archived