Can A 2012 Total Mod Be Done?

Gordo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who's going to take charge of it?

I think I can get in order for this project but for the long-term, some sort of discussion will need to be had. I'm sure there's a good online collaboration option, maybe even as its own Wiki that anyone can work on.

i said im done modding but my schedules freeing up. if u guys want i can pitch in. i'd rather help with the portraits instead of faces since its way faster. unfortunately dont have Kraw's Portrait Maker at the moment

This is great news, it'll be fantastic adding someone with your skillset to the project. Shoot me a message with your email and I can get you set up with our Dropbox. I probably have the Portrait Maker on my computer at home, I'll check after work.

Unfortunately we lost the id list when mlbmods shut down. However, the latest version posted on this site was here:http://www.mvpmods.c...=1

it's at least a good starting point. It would probably be best if someone was going to take it on, that they revive the thread and keep it updated. You might try emailing totte though. He may have kept a more recent copy in google docs if you can get a hold of him.

I was able to log into google docs and download the list. It was last edited May 16, 2011. I'll attach it here.

mvp-ids-05-16-2011.zip

Also, one more thing to keep in mind for the ones working on the rosters is the changes in minor league affiliates.

For example the Reds changed their affiliates for the 3rd time in 3 years, their single A is now Bakersfield, and their Double A (Carolina Mudcats) is now Pensacola.

I'll try to get a list together of the changes for everyone.

So I'm trying to get some work done on these portraits, but without an accurate ID list, should I just name each file for the player it is? Chapman, Phillips, Leake, etc.?

I suppose you should use the list TyWiggins posted above until I can get the updated one completed. If there are conflicts, go ahead and save them as "Last Name, First Name."

Also, do you feel that a 2012 Total Portraits package should be completed? Toleton has completed many portraits already.

Also, one more thing to keep in mind for the ones working on the rosters is the changes in minor league affiliates.

For example the Reds changed their affiliates for the 3rd time in 3 years, their single A is now Bakersfield, and their Double A (Carolina Mudcats) is now Pensacola.

I'll try to get a list together of the changes for everyone.

Awesome, thanks for that.

Well, myself an a few others are busy compiling the new headshots on MLB pressbox that were just posted in the last couple of days, so many of the portraits can be redone. On pressbox, even the non-roster invitees are on there so some minor leaguers could be included. It would make sense to split them up by team or even division.

Split them by team and chip away at it little by little. It's my suggestion at least. And you really need to assign someone to doing player id's and keeping an active thread on it. Best way to do that is upload that spreadsheet to a Google Doc so everyone can see it.

Team, here is an updated assignments list and how we stand:

AUDIO

Speech - Jaycee20

Menu – Kyleb (COMPLETED)

Walk-up – Kyleb (COMPLETED)

I’m still trying to track down permissions from 3 modders on using files uploaded since the 2008 mod since there hasn’t been a comprehensive file released in years.

FACES

Homer/Jogar84/Jedinstvo/Veesmack

Homer’s 2011 pack will be used as a base. Faces previously released by Jogar84, Jedinstvo, & Veesmack will be added in. I'm in hopes that a few more faces could be completed this year.

FRONTEND

Backgrounds/Loading Screens - RJSim

Logos (MLB) - ???

Logos (MiLB) - bctrackboi11

Movies - bctrackboi11

Stadium - ???

Uniform - nani1379

RJSim will need assistance packing his files into FSH. Bctrackboi has taken the lead on verifying MiLB logos. Someone to do the same for MLB would be a help.

MISC

Schedule - DylanBradbury (COMPLETED)

LOCs - ???

Overlay - Dennisjames71 (COMPLETED)

PORTRAITS

Toleton/Playball335/bctrackboi11/ar_key/Jogar84

Toleton has given permission for all of his updates to be used and several people have graciously offered to work on this. A team leader to oversee this section would be tremendous.

ROSTERS

Daflyboys (40 man with cyberfaces)

ar_key (A-MLB, no cyberfaces)

Both of these rosters have been offered.

STADIUMS

(MLB) nani1379/Dennisjames71

(MiLB) Dennisjames71/bctrackboi

nani1319 from MVP Baseball Latinos and Dennisjames71 have offered stadiums. I believe there are still 3 stadiums to be updated, however.

UNIFORMS

(MLB) - nani1379

(MiLB) - bctrackboi11

MLB uniform previews have been posted by nani1379. MiLB uniforms will be taken on by bctrackboi.

As stated earlier, a team leader for portraits would be tremendous. I plan on taking on the player ID list as soon as ar_key sends me his roster. His roster will be quickly converted to Excel. I'd be grateful if someone could take the lead on organizing the cyberface list and models.big file. Otherwise, I will take it on myself.

Modders, please confirm your Dropbox invitations and continue uploading your files. I'm intending to have a work-in-progress mod uploaded within a few days. Please correct me if I've forgotten anything off of this list or gotten something incorrect.

Finally, I'm grateful for everyone that has stepped up to create new content for 2012 as well as everyone who has granted permission for past work. Let's keep this ball rolling and get something out there we can all be proud of and enjoy.

Thanks,

Kyle

If you guys ever find someone who will be active and start a thread to keep the id list updated, I'd be happy to pack up the cyberfaces again. You know where to find me. For portraits, you guys might want to see if Kraw and Ty Wiggins would like to help again. We've had a system in the past that allowed us to create portraits for everyone for mvp and 2k at once.

If you guys ever find someone who will be active and start a thread to keep the id list updated, I'd be happy to pack up the cyberfaces again. You know where to find me. For portraits, you guys might want to see if Kraw and Ty Wiggins would like to help again. We've had a system in the past that allowed us to create portraits for everyone for mvp and 2k at once.

That would be a tremendous help. We'll be in touch about the faces.

I'll try to contact Kraw and TyWiggins and see if they can be brought on board. That would potentially relieve a ton of man hours.

Perhaps this a stupid question but what will happen with Target Field, Marlins Ballpark and the new yankee stadium? will make them for the mod or not?

Well, we're gonna have to settle on certain things. It would be nice to have all new content, but that is perhaps not realistic. Hopefully, more updates will continue to filter in. We will happily accept whatever we can get.

Kraw's already on board. Photos are going to be ready pretty quickly so we will have portraits done relatively quickly too, but we can't do that unless someone starts updating the id list. A lot of things are depending on someone staying up to date on it.