Can A 2012 Total Mod Be Done?

Gordo

So will this be a complete install mod or a multi-piecing together when all is said and done? My suggestion/question is that if it is the latter, could there be a separate DL area, at least temporarily (several months) just for '12 UL's?

It was mentioned earlier that it would be best to do it over MVP 08 but we're getting close to where it could almost be it's own install I think. I'll have to talk to Jim or DennisJames about it.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we do it over MVP 08, the biggest advantage would be the uniforms that are already there, especially the minor leagues. If we do a straight install, then can we at least carry over the previous minor league sets from 08 to save us some work?

The thing with that is that you don't know what teams have changed uniforms since 2008.

if face updates are made that i want to add, i'll add them as they are done. otherwise the 2012 facepack is done and can be checked off the list. test it with a compatible roster. those of you who helped with the pressboxes should be able to find it uploaded.

I could ask someone who has more time to put minor league team rosters in MS Word, when they will be set for Opening Day? Then i will start work on minor league teams update, creating and deliting players.

Thanks, i do not have enough time now to do this.

if face updates are made that i want to add, i'll add them as they are done. otherwise the 2012 facepack is done and can be checked off the list. test it with a compatible roster. those of you who helped with the pressboxes should be able to find it uploaded.

Awesome, grabbing it now.

Has anyone taken a look at the photos I uploaded?

I'm downloading it now. I'm hoping to have time to go through it today.

I could ask someone who has more time to put minor league team rosters in MS Word, when they will be set for Opening Day? Then i will start work on minor league teams update, creating and deliting players.

I can help with this. Hopefully, a few other people can help as well.

My first roster set will be 25 man rosters only. Haven't had the same time to devote as last year with my job change. Looking at a PC screen a good part of the day doesn't exactly motivate me to come home and do the same. But I need to get a base of players and get the teams and ID's correct as you guys are doing them. I'm sure there will be plenty of mistakes.

I would be glad to help with this as well. I have Word and some time...I appreciate all the time and effort everyone involved is putting into this, MLB2k12 just doesn't do it for me.

I would be glad to help with this as well. I have Word and some time...I appreciate all the time and effort everyone involved is putting into this, MLB2k12 just doesn't do it for me.

thanks, Kyleb help me with this and i have now all teams downloaded. I will start next week creating players and setting up rosters.

Like ar_key said, we already took care of this. However, if you could track down starting lineups and batting orders (noting if its against a LHP or RHP), I'm sure that would be a huge help. Thanks!

2K12 doesn't do anything for me either. I used to give it a try each year when the demo would come out on XBox Live, then the next day I would start updating MVP.

I'm close to releasing Phase 1 of BaseUp Rosters for this year..... which will simply be 25 man rosters for all MLB teams, which will include some tweaks on certain players and thanks to Toleton, some created players. 15 and 60 day DL guys will be on the squad as anticipated. Guys who are set to return for after the 1st half of the year won't be built in.

Lots of work to be done. All I can speak on is the uniforms. I am compiling uniform sets from all over and even creating some never before released throwbacks. For me, it will be another week or two at least. I am in the Navy and internet access on the ship is almost non-existent, but that doesn't mean I'm not working.

When it is done it will be done.

Pretty much this. While previous versions like 08 set the bar maybe a bit higher than we can reach, we're not going to release anything that's sloppy.

Things are certainly moving each day, even though you don't hear from us. Bctrackboi is busy organizing uniform and uniform select screens, selecting the best ones throughout the years of MVPMods while incorporating nani's uniforms as they are released. On top of that, he's creating new uniforms that you can see in his preview thread. They're fantastic.

Currently, I've got about several things going. I've been maintaining the player ID list. ar_key is sending me his rosters one organization at a time. I'm checking them for errors, setting lineups, adding cyberfaces, and noting portraits that we don't have.

Kst has done a great job pounding all of the MLB portraits, but there are still some necessary portraits to be added. Initially, we had some people volunteer to do portraits, but I haven't heard back from many people on that front. I'm starting a list, so if anybody wants to step up, it'll be ready.

Also, I've been re-organizing the minor leagues. Many changes have been made. Team ID's have to be switched around, uniforms, logos, etc. This has been quite a challenge and the team audio for the minor leagues still needs sorted out. A few new ones need created. This is another area that I could really use someone to step up. With that, I've made a list of all the minor league team logos that we need.

We need brand new logos for:

Reno Aces

Visalia Rawhide

Gwinnett Braves

Winston-Salem Dash

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

Tuscon Padres

Charlotte Stone Crabs

Richmond Braves

Salem Red Sox

These are the ones I've found that need an update:

Syracuse Chiefs

Oklahoma City RedHawks

Myrtle Beach Pelicans

Daytona Cubs

Dunedin Blue Jays

Again, if anybody can do these, it would be awesome. I've had one person submit a Tuscon Padres logo, so thanks for that.

Also, I've been going through the photos that Y4L uploaded. I've begun selecting and cropping certain ones to replace any remaining artwork that RJSim didn't replace, but this takes time. RJSIm's frontend is complete.

DennisJames is still putting out great stadium updates and deserves a big thanks.

Homer completed the 2012 facepack and Jedinstvo is still putting out new faces, a big shout out to them.

Many top modders who released works in the past have given permission to have their work included.

Basically, everyone involved in the project is working hard and I'm thankful for each and every one of them. But without more people that can step up and knock out some of these necessary things, it's just going to take the team longer to get to them.

That really should be the last update that you give these people kyleb. Of all the things that Krawhitham hated to deal with when the 06,07 and 08 mods were coming out were questions like this asking when it is going to be released. "When it is out, it is out!" should be good enough for ANYONE from here on out.

But just watch...they'll keep asking and asking.

That really should be the last update that you give these people kyleb. Of all the things that Krawhitham hated to deal with when the 06,07 and 08 mods were coming out were questions like this asking when it is going to be released. "When it is out, it is out!" should be good enough for ANYONE from here on out.

But just watch...they'll keep asking and asking.

I'm prepared for that. I mostly wanted to ask for a bit of help. If even one person decides to grab a tutorial and start putting out some content, it's worth it.

I'm prepared for that. I mostly wanted to ask for a bit of help. If even one person decides to grab a tutorial and start putting out some content, it's worth it.

I understand that and I hope that happens. But these impatient people in here have always driven me nuts. That's why Total Classics mods are not announced and talked about. They just appear when they are completed.