Mlb 2K12 Modding Notes...

pena1

Anyone know why I'm having trouble opening the global.iff file in the Mod Tool?

I'm using version 0.198 and I seem to be able to open all of the other iffs I've tried except for the global.

The file size of global.iff is 43,890 KB. As soon as I attempt to open it, global.iff.temp is automatically created, but as soon as that reaches a size of 19,440 KB, it stays right there. I've tried several times and definitely given it enough time to say that it's not a matter of me just needing to wait a little longer. I even re-booted and tried to do it with a clean fresh start, but I got the same result.

Global.iff was never a problem to view in the Mod Tool in the past.

Any thoughts, please?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this may be the issue i was running into earlier.. try the decompressor first. it should make a file around 98,000 kb or so. then give the modtool another shot. im in th middle of working on it now :)

We were thinking along the same lines. I eventually went and got the NBA 2K12 Decompressor, used that, and then was able to load the global file into the Mod Tool.

Thanks for the suggestion as it was the right thing to do regardless.

Probably need an updated version of the Mod Tool to avoid the need for this completely, but it's definitely a workable situation now.

small update of the 13 seq, which the front logo used. for at least what ive found. als this based on the reds and dodgers.

if you open the dds in photo shop the dodgers isa soild blue blox since its one color only, if you open that same dds onto paintnet it actually shows the word mark, then if you have that back as another dds and open the new one in photoshop it appear as the word mark with black behind it, now there is a catch, the woriking visable area is the word logo itself, so if you put trim to it it must be on the inside edge of the word. the reds lgo appears a little differtly. the white and black appears as they should but in photo the red appears and filles the rest of the box, white in paintnet, it appears exacrtly as really appears. that the news. here

i swear 2k hates modders,they always change something that makes things difficult.When u close up on players it gets blurry.

I ran into problems doing a blank #13 that it made uni #5 unworkable.and that in game when u were far away the old front logo would show and then disappear when u got closer. the solution i found for #13 is to delete its alpha channel and this made the #5 workable and stopped the old logo from bleeding thru.Mccoll u may wanna test and delete the #13 alpha this may make the rgb channel free to work on now.I probally wont get to work on this theory until later as its 3 am here at the moment Also my blank #5 from last year works on this years version as well so that will help

Mcoll, it's really weird that the dropped the hat size from 512x512 to 256x256. It doesn't really make a lot of sense, and when you zoom in it looks like crap! Let me know if you find anymore size differences

Is there an easy way to drop the size of last year's hats? I was going to try and just move last year's hats to this year's file in a .dds, but that won't really work. I was trying to get the Braves color better.

if you have a program that handle dds, just photoshop or paint net add the dds plung in in pohtoshop you save the caps from last year in dds, open itit in either program and rzie it in the program save it, then import into the new ones. that your best best or use the template i put up in dds form for photoshop as it has layers and do color work there then save each one at a time. already sized for the right size and save each in dds form and iponert your new cap wher you need to

if you have a program that handle dds, just photoshop or paint net add the dds plung in in pohtoshop you save the caps from last year in dds, open itit in either program and rzie it in the program save it, then import into the new ones. that your best best or use the template i put up in dds form for photoshop as it has layers and do color work there then save each one at a time. already sized for the right size and save each in dds form and iponert your new cap wher you need to

Worked great, thanks. Tried putting in the Braves alt jersey in from last year, but that didn't work out :crazy: It had two logos on it. Guess I'll just have to change the color of that in Paint as well.

probelm with the logos is because they removed the logo from the jersey seq #5 and its has its own seq number, that why your seeing t2 logos. eyou either half to remove the logo from the older #5 then import theat into it, or your going to need to edit the logo in the newer one to get the color right. its either number 13 or 18 in the new one i thinks 13.

probelm with the logos is because they removed the logo from the jersey seq #5 and its has its own seq number, that why your seeing t2 logos. eyou either half to remove the logo from the older #5 then import theat into it, or your going to need to edit the logo in the newer one to get the color right. its either number 13 or 18 in the new one i thinks 13.

Yeah I saw that. I was hoping they'd layer on top of each other, but didn't think it'd work. It was worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Start with this to get to know the basics of file structure and tools: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=82787

It's NBA but the same concepts apply to MLB. For MLB cyberfaces are "player_head_xxxx" not "png_xxxx", the latter is only in NBA. Then, once you get the face texture exported it's all a matter of diddling around in photoshop...

Sweet. Thanks. Just been thinking about things like Pettitte coming back, and lots of my Jays having terrible faces. I used to make a few for MVP years ago just for myself and they looked pretty decent. I'll see what I can do with this and my Photoshop knowledge.

If you're interested in doing a face for Pettitte, you could use the original 2K face as a base... even though he's not in the initial roster, 2K left his face in the game directory. You can find it as player_head_0918.iff.

finally, finally, finally!!!

Big news fellas.

After years of searching for these things, the yellow pitching arrows have been found, and promptly removed :yahoo:

I also got rid of the blue circle in the replay mode! This will be great for video makers. No more trying to hide the thing behind players and low angles when capturing game footage.

I have some testing to do when I get off work tonight, but should be able to to upload the file late this evening.

I can make several versions with variations of:

no arrows / no replay circle / no ball cursor / no,10%,small landing circles / - suggestions?

:drinks:

finally, finally, finally!!!

Big news fellas.

After years of searching for these things, the yellow pitching arrows have been found, and promptly removed :yahoo:

I also got rid of the blue circle in the replay mode! This will be great for video makers. No more trying to hide the thing behind players and low angles when capturing game footage.

I have some testing to do when I get off work tonight, but should be able to to upload the file late this evening.

I can make several versions with variations of:

no arrows / no replay circle / no ball cursor / no,10%,small landing circles / - suggestions?

:drinks:

That is awesome news! Anyway to make the free cam (during replays) able to be used off of the field? Like from the perspective of the fan? Right now it is stuck to field areas only.

That is awesome news! Anyway to make the free cam (during replays) able to be used off of the field? Like from the perspective of the fan? Right now it is stuck to field areas only.

No, I don't think this would ever be possible as it require changing the code for the replay camera and I don't think anyone knows where exactly the replay camera code is located (the textures for the blue icon is NOT affiliated with the camera).

No, I don't think this would ever be possible as it require changing the code for the replay camera and I don't think anyone knows where exactly the replay camera code is located (the textures for the blue icon is NOT affiliated with the camera).

Thanks. I was just wondering. It seems like they found the camera code using a hex editor for NBA 2k11/12 and were able to change some angles. Anyway, good to know. Thanks.

fwiw, it wouldn't be angles (unless you are talking about the different default camera angles) you would be looking for, but the values of the zoom, height, etc as well as a clipping switch that stops the cursor from moving past the walls of the playing field... unfortunately this is beyond me at the moment.

As DS mentioned though, knowing where to start looking would be quite the task...

fwiw, it wouldn't be angles (unless you are talking about the different default camera angles) you would be looking for, but the values of the zoom, height, etc as well as a clipping switch that stops the cursor from moving past the walls of the playing field... unfortunately this is beyond me at the moment. As DS mentioned though, knowing where to start looking would be quite the task...

Absolutely right, I meant height, zoom, etc. I understand the issue. I have no idea how they found that stuff in the EXE using the hex editor for NBA 2k11. Guess and test I presume? Anyway, no problem and thanks for your guys' answers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm following the instructions but I can't get any of the images to open in Photoshop. Do I really have to use gimp?? Hate that program.

Are you trying to open dds files? If so, check the faq, it includes a link to the necessary plugin