#42 pena1

pena1

Rookie

• Modders
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

finally, finally, finally!!!

Big news fellas.

After years of searching for these things, the yellow pitching arrows have been found, and promptly removed :yahoo:

I also got rid of the blue circle in the replay mode! This will be great for video makers. No more trying to hide the thing behind players and low angles when capturing game footage.

I have some testing to do when I get off work tonight, but should be able to to upload the file late this evening.

I can make several versions with variations of:

no arrows / no replay circle / no ball cursor / no,10%,small landing circles / - suggestions?

:drinks:

#43 cody8200

cody8200

Rookie

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

finally, finally, finally!!!

Big news fellas.

After years of searching for these things, the yellow pitching arrows have been found, and promptly removed :yahoo:

I also got rid of the blue circle in the replay mode! This will be great for video makers. No more trying to hide the thing behind players and low angles when capturing game footage.

I have some testing to do when I get off work tonight, but should be able to to upload the file late this evening.

I can make several versions with variations of:

no arrows / no replay circle / no ball cursor / no,10%,small landing circles / - suggestions?

:drinks:

That is awesome news! Anyway to make the free cam (during replays) able to be used off of the field? Like from the perspective of the fan? Right now it is stuck to field areas only.

#44 DetroitStyle

DetroitStyle

Rookie

• Modders
  • 607 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

That is awesome news! Anyway to make the free cam (during replays) able to be used off of the field? Like from the perspective of the fan? Right now it is stuck to field areas only.

No, I don't think this would ever be possible as it require changing the code for the replay camera and I don't think anyone knows where exactly the replay camera code is located (the textures for the blue icon is NOT affiliated with the camera).

#45 cody8200

cody8200

Rookie

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

No, I don't think this would ever be possible as it require changing the code for the replay camera and I don't think anyone knows where exactly the replay camera code is located (the textures for the blue icon is NOT affiliated with the camera).

Thanks. I was just wondering. It seems like they found the camera code using a hex editor for NBA 2k11/12 and were able to change some angles. Anyway, good to know. Thanks.

#46 pena1

pena1

Rookie

• Modders
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

fwiw, it wouldn't be angles (unless you are talking about the different default camera angles) you would be looking for, but the values of the zoom, height, etc as well as a clipping switch that stops the cursor from moving past the walls of the playing field... unfortunately this is beyond me at the moment.

As DS mentioned though, knowing where to start looking would be quite the task...

#47 cody8200

cody8200

Rookie

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

fwiw, it wouldn't be angles (unless you are talking about the different default camera angles) you would be looking for, but the values of the zoom, height, etc as well as a clipping switch that stops the cursor from moving past the walls of the playing field... unfortunately this is beyond me at the moment. As DS mentioned though, knowing where to start looking would be quite the task...

Absolutely right, I meant height, zoom, etc. I understand the issue. I have no idea how they found that stuff in the EXE using the hex editor for NBA 2k11. Guess and test I presume? Anyway, no problem and thanks for your guys' answers.

#48 tinpanalley

tinpanalley

Rookie

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

same with manny

I'm following the instructions but I can't get any of the images to open in Photoshop. Do I really have to use gimp?? Hate that program.

#49 pena1

pena1

Rookie

• Modders
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

I'm following the instructions but I can't get any of the images to open in Photoshop. Do I really have to use gimp?? Hate that program.

Are you trying to open dds files? If so, check the faq, it includes a link to the necessary plugin

#50 tinpanalley

tinpanalley

Rookie

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Are you trying to open dds files? If so, check the faq, it includes a link to the necessary plugin

Sorry, I'm a little lost. Which FAQ? On NLSC?

#51 pena1

pena1

Rookie

• Modders
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

http://www.mvpmods.c...showtopic=53108

#52 tinpanalley

tinpanalley

Rookie

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Awesome. I already made the crowd edit I wanted in Toronto, now I'm going to take a shot at making a cyberface. Just need to figure out a face number from the roster editor.
Is there a specific set of instructions for MLB cybers editing? The NBA instructions don't seem to be working for me. No .dds to export?

Edited by tinpanalley, 03 April 2012 - 01:58 AM.

#53 wudl83

wudl83

Rookie

• Modders
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:baseball, soccer, beer and music

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

http://www.mvpmods.c...showtopic=52487

#54 tinpanalley

tinpanalley

Rookie

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Question...
In cyberface editing, whenever I go to copy-paste a layer into the alpha, I can't seem to select the layer I want. It's like a layer becomes automatically selected. Any idea what might be causing that? It makes no sense! I clearly select the right layer and it still picks this other one.

Edited by tinpanalley, 04 April 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#55 tinpanalley

tinpanalley

Rookie

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

So I guess nobody's had this problem huh?

#56 DonSPa

DonSPa

All-Star

• Modders
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

tinpan try this click on the alpha channel where its the only channel with the lil eye icon,right click and duplicate the alpha channel.Make sure now the new alpha channel is chosen and make ur changes on this new channel.Once done delete the original alpha

#57 tinpanalley

tinpanalley

Rookie

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

tinpan try this click on the alpha channel where its the only channel with the lil eye icon,right click and duplicate the alpha channel.Make sure now the new alpha channel is chosen and make ur changes on this new channel.Once done delete the original alpha

Cool, I'll definitely try that. I had everything looking great and I was sure I was gonna have a really good cyber for Arencibia. But it was getting SO frustrating and I quit.

#58 tinpanalley

tinpanalley

Rookie

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Hmmm.. still not working. See when it comes time to select that "beard" layer, it refuses to let me pick which layer to copy. It picks another layer automatically. It's infuriating!
In fact I just noticed that I can't actually COPY any layer to place it into the Alpha?

Edited by tinpanalley, 06 April 2012 - 01:28 AM.

#59 DonSPa

DonSPa

All-Star

• Modders
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

mmm not sure what to tell u,i dont work with the faces so maybe theres a different way of handling those.I know on the unis i have to duplicate the alpha and work directly on the new alpha.The only difference is im usually erasing areas that i dont want im not pasting anything over the alphas,scottybilly or DS would be the best guys to ask

#60 tinpanalley

tinpanalley

Rookie

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Yeah, see the problem here is that the instructions say to paste a layer from the main dds you're working on over the alpha to get the hair to show up with texture and not reflective but you can't paste anything over the alpha copied from the layers. At least I can't. Maybe there's a setting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users