Mvp12 Issue

wg1981

Downloaded the MVP 12 mod, everything seemed to go fine, I followed the readme to a T. When I open the game, the graphics are from MVP12, the music seems right but the rosters arent converted at all. Did I miss something? Is there an extra step I should be taking or what? Im new to this (and admittedly a novice), so any help i could get would be appreciated. Thanks

I treid redoing everything, after I tried extracting everything from the exploder.exe to the file where my clean install is, I recived a message from 7-zip diagnostic. It shows 15 seperate files that have "can not open output file", all 15 of them are from the database file sub directory...any further help?

Make sure you run the explodeme.exe installer as Administrator. I had the same issue and that is how I resolved it. I assume you are using Win 7? Best of luck, it is well worth your trouble to get it working right.

Dont know, dont know how to check that...total novice here

Dont know, dont know how to check that...total novice here

Go to where the clean install is located (usually at C:program filesea sportsmvp baseball), and in the data

datebase folder, get the file properties (right click > properties). If they are Read Only, then uncheck the option and try again.

PM me if you need more help

I installed the 2012 mod and everything was working fine. I imported the dat files into MVPEdit and made some roster changes and exported it back. I checked for errors and none were found. The game loads fine, but crashes when you click go to play a game. I checked all the rosters and found a null spot in the Frisco RoughRiders lineup for LHP W/O DH. I also imported some players and rosters are fine in MVPEdit. How do I fix the Null problem?

I installed the 2012 mod and everything was working fine. I imported the dat files into MVPEdit and made some roster changes and exported it back. I checked for errors and none were found. The game loads fine, but crashes when you click go to play a game. I checked all the rosters and found a null spot in the Frisco RoughRiders lineup for LHP W/O DH. I also imported some players and rosters are fine in MVPEdit. How do I fix the Null problem?

The way I have dealt with "null" in a lineup is to simply clear the lineup (make it empty), then reinsert the players back into the lineup, one at a time. Has always worked for me.

The way I have dealt with "null" in a lineup is to simply clear the lineup (make it empty), then reinsert the players back into the lineup, one at a time. Has always worked for me.

Same. I'll usually rebuild the rotation before that even.

Remember for you roster makers, you can avoid this by simply not removing a player from the roster if he's in the SP1 position. If you need to move him off the team or to another level, switch him out of the SP1 slot first. Someone needs to be in the SP1 position at all times.

i,m trying to simulate to the current date with the nationals and just installed latest base up rosters and i get the game to lock up either at arizona game may 2nd or it has also made it to may 16, any suggestions on the problem. only other thing istalled is latest cyberfaces and the patch #1

I'm thinking more and more with these rosters that they are not handling the injuries/suspensions very well. Hard to say. However, try turning them off (as well as rain outs) for all levels and see what happens. I just simmed through a Nationals season and got into October.

foev0i.jpg

Is that not a knwon problem some years back? Allways had a freeze by some date in may and it was connected do the hist.dat be to big or something else. I overwrote the hist.dat with an older one from a roster version that did not freeze and it worked.

Bud I have to admit, I do not know, what the hist.dat is actually doing... Just worked years ago with the older UR rosters...

Don't import the .mbe files, just open them.

kobee... the original hist.dat is 290ish kb and the one in my current roster is 260ish. It does look encoded and I'm not sure if smaller is necessarily better either. BUT.....if you think this works and the original hist.dat file will "patch" it, it can be found on disk 1 in the compressed.zip file. It can be dragged to your desktop. I imagine it should remain read only, but not sure.