Goodbye 2K, Hello Mvp!

DetroitStyle

So I've been pretty frustrated with 2K this year and last. The only thing really keeping me playing is the modding which I was starting to lose interest in since I couldn't even play the game with all the bugs. I picked up MVP the other day and said, meh what the hell why not.

Why not indeed....

I've been tinkering with it for a bit now, both vanilla and TC12. PHENOMENAL! I played a very little bit of MVP back in the day and remember downloading a few mods. I remember two things: TC94 (Took over one summer of mine) and Krawitham Radio (still the best soundtracks in a game).

Anyway, although the game is clearly outdated, I've found a lot of fun to be had using it as a text-sim (i.e. OOTP or Baseball Mogul) with gameplay coming second. I've been simming tons of seasons (with vanilla MVP) and tried out the progression mod and it looks great! I got tired of all the budget issues, free agent problems, and stat issues with 2K so I'm pleasantly surprised to see the old dog looking much better!

Lastly, if this doesn't turn out to be a honeymoon period with MVP I'd really like to get into modding for it. I'm going to spend most of the day tomorrow reading up on the FAQ and getting used to the different editors and tools. I'd also love to help with any new patches for the TC12 mod. So let me know if there are any interesting projects worth taking up. In the meantime this is me trying to mod MVP:

ffa66731_12968-i-have-no-idea-what-im-do

We really need a portrait updater, especially with the trade deadline coming up. I apparently got stupid about how to do it since last year. I do have some stock pics like the one below and wouldn't mind gathering more for you if that'll make it any easier.

250429s.jpg

The biggest projects would be the creation of Yankee Field, Target Field and Marlins Park. After that, I would put portraits for minor league players as the next biggest project. Audio files for teams could use a hand.

Good to possibly have someone else on board!

its nothing to wonder about, the game is a classic, once i get a 360 controller, im whipping out my profile and mvp here i come!

I don't even use a controller. Never liked controllers. Keyboard all the way! Even in MLB 2k12.

The biggest projects would be the creation of Yankee Field, Target Field and Marlins Park. After that, I would put portraits for minor league players as the next biggest project. Audio files for teams could use a hand.

Good to possibly have someone else on board!

I would like to help you with minor league portraits, but i dont have resources for hi res quality photos.

We really need a portrait updater, especially with the trade deadline coming up. I apparently got stupid about how to do it since last year. I do have some stock pics like the one below and wouldn't mind gathering more for you if that'll make it any easier.

250429s.jpg

Sure, I'll give it a try. I'll see if I can pull a small pack together and we'll see how it turns out...