2013 And Beyond

furball

If you play a franchise team in 2K12, you've probably noticed that they didn't even put the Houston Astros in the American League in 2013.

And, given that we've never had a PC update for 2012, it's probably fair to say that we've seen the last of any support from 2kSports for MLB. (Never mind that they NEVER answe the forums.)

1st, is Ty around? Will he ever make his editor work with MLB 2k12?

But more importantly, does anyone know if EA or someone else will pick up the franchise? And is there anything we can do to spur them on or offer to play-test or something so that we can get a good PC baseball game?

The editor works it only has some bugs.

1) The Marlins bug which makes it impossible to edit their team colors.

2) The bug with the dark skinned players.

Nevertheless I use the editor for those players and teams where it works. The rest is edited ingame.

I have not heard about another company that would come up with a MLB license or franchise. I also do not mind that the Astros won't be in the AL in 2013 in 2k12 since I mainly play play now games. I am quite satisfied with the game besides some glitches and I think I will stick to it longterm as far as no other baseball game comes out.

Because of that I already started a roster project for next year. Would be cool if some modding guys would also stay.

ehh, 2K giving up on this franchise is a real turn off. i just can't play a dead-end game that can only go so far even with the modders. i bought The Show and have been playing that. a lot more fun.

except the one thing i do like, which i probably will never stop, is updating and creating uniforms for 2K, too much fun, and i love that the PC version allows that, having none of that on the PS3 is the only downside.

Sorry, but I do feel there is too much complaining going on. I think it's safe to say that all of us here are not 100% happy with 2K's version of the game, but what the modding crew has accomplished goes way beyond what anyone could have hoped for. And who knows, maybe there will be a way to add the Astros to the AL through modding. I've played the PS3 version and I think it's actually nowhere close to the PC version for exactly those modding reasons. I've updated the latest roster to my liking, and I'm getting incredibly realistic results. I simmed all the way to August 1st and the standings are an almost perfect resemblance of reality! Portrait updates, stadium updates, uniforms, overlays etc. etc. all reflect the current 2012 season, what more can I ask for? None of that is even possible on console versions, you're literally stuck with what you bought at the store. I have a high-end PC, so I never have any glitch issues, stuttering or the like. It's an all around awesome gaming experience. Thank you modders, big thanks!!!

Edited by makrothumia24

Sorry, but I do feel there is too much complaining going on. I think it's safe to say that all of us here are not 100% happy with 2K's version of the game, but what the modding crew has accomplished goes way beyond what anyone could have hoped for. And who knows, maybe there will be a way to add the Astros to the AL through modding. I've played the PS3 version and I think it's actually nowhere close to the PC version for exactly those modding reasons. I've updated the latest roster to my liking, and I'm getting incredibly realistic results. I simmed all the way to August 1st and the standings are an almost perfect resemblance of reality! Portrait updates, stadium updates, uniforms, overlays etc. etc. all reflect the current 2012 season, what more can I ask for? None of that is even possible on console versions, you're literally stuck with what you bought at the store. I have a high-end PC, so I never have any glitch issues, stuttering or the like. It's an all around awesome gaming experience. Thank you modders, big thanks!!!

I echo your comments 100%. I don't blame game makers for not continuing game series with all the petty complaining. I also have a high end pc and agree with all the modders additions, it's a great game. Thank you to all the modders!!!

There is a version of the Reditor for MLB2K11 by Vlad that will be coming soon for MLB2K12 when he has enough time to do so. The guy lives in Russia so who knows.

Therein lies the problem. A lot of us modders have things occupying our time off the PC where it's hard to commit to making some pretty decent mods. Especially when our work is 100% free, expect some of us to take our time.

I have a lot of things to take care of like updating the uniforms again (I am probably halfway done with that as of this post) and contemplating releasing all the stadium lighting/grass updates in one package for people to import. My situation is that I have work taking up all of my time among other things going on outside of the net, so a lot of updates are going to be coming out in short spurts here and there:(

The game isn't perfect but I believe we have accomplished a great deal. Like KC said it's a matter of time. I do this for the MVP mods community because I enjoy it. I balance this with work, other free time activities, and my wife and kids. Next year I'll be here again and plan to create a pack for MLB to single A ball for the BSU-FAN roster once and if he creates one. As far as the Astros go we may not be able to change leagues but we can update rosters, change uniforms, logos, etc and thats progress in itself.

The game isn't perfect but I believe we have accomplished a great deal. Like KC said it's a matter of time. I do this for the MVP mods community because I enjoy it. I balance this with work, other free time activities, and my wife and kids. Next year I'll be here again and plan to create a pack for MLB to single A ball for the BSU-FAN roster once and if he creates one. As far as the Astros go we may not be able to change leagues but we can update rosters, change uniforms, logos, etc and thats progress in itself.

We've definitely accomplished a great deal. From what the game used to look like to what it looks like now, it's literally an entirely new game visually. 2K should be giving us a massive amount of props.

That said, about the Astros.....

Logo swaps/uniforms I can definitely do. Division alignment is most likely going to be done when Vlad comes out with his Reditor since it would most likely allow for that kind of thing.

I should be able to balance everything out somehow between work, dating and making music soon ;)

KC does he need a donation or is there a way to donate? I would be willing to donate to him.

Same here, a new ReEditor that has corrected the skin-tones of MLB2k12 along with being able to move Astros to AL and re-doing the schedule accordingly. If we had that we could make MLB2k12 last a very long time. If any of you hear anything with the donations send me a PM.

Thanks raidersbball20, Kccitystar, DetroitStyle, Wudl83, twnlove, BSU-FAN, DonSpa, Sixers85, dennisjames71 just to name a few of the great modders here that truly makes MLB2k12 and all other PC games the best. With mods installed by these excellent modders there is no way of going back to the Show it pails in comparison.

Edited by MissionMaximus

KC does he need a donation or is there a way to donate? I would be willing to donate to him.

Vlad does his Reditor in two flavors, one with limited options and the other is the full blown version of the editor that lets you do everything. Donating would grant you a license for one of those versions. I think he would make the full blown version of his Reditor program for free if we donated enough money for his efforts. Given that we won't get a yearly version of this game on PC anymore compared to the NBA 2K series, I think we'd be okay with a one time collective donation :)

I'm going full steam ahead with re-doing all the stadium lighting profiles as well as grass changes and uploading it in a nice little zip file.

My only setback is that I never want to upload something that's hard or complicated to implement. It's a little difficult in trying to explain this to the casual player who just wants to achieve that visual update and doesn't have the technical know-how to do it.

After that, I'll probably start replacing every player image that shows up in the background and working my way through replacing the whole "2K Sports Major League Baseball 2K12" theme. Of course, none of this will happen ASAP, but it sure as hell will keep me occupied during the offseason.

Well, I guess I'm different from most of you. I could care less about stadiums or the faces of guys or the other things that you mod. What I want from a baseball game is realism and playability.

2K gives me the realism - insofar as stats are concerned. Again, if Brandon Belt is wearing the wrong shin protector, I could care less. But I like that he seems to hit in-game similarly to real life.

But playability? Meh. Why, in Franchise mode, when you hit START to begin your game, and then START to see your lineups, can you NOT see your players' stats or energy? Why can you NOT see all the pages of the scouting reports IN GAME? Why can you see nothing of your opposing players' stats?

If you pay attention to minor leagues in Franchise mode, have you noticed that you can't really find out the opposing pitcher's or catcher's stats because as you hit F1 to go from team to team, it is NOT league specific?

AND! If you're playing Franchise Mode, have you noticed this: You can go to a new day and hit LC (or keyboard 4) to select a minor league game to play, but you have NO IDEA which game in your franchise on that day comes first? That is, if you want to play your AA team and your Major League team BOTH on the same day, you CANNOT know which team to play first or which team will be played automatically in any order by the CPU. WHY? Why couldn't they either make it always that the A, then AA, then AAA then Major League team play, or tell you the order? Why in Gosh'es name would they make it random and thus prevent you from playing all the teams you WANT to play?

Again, I want to make it clear that I am now playing this game instead of MVP 2005. I LIKE this game. But they could have done SO much better with 5 or 10 dedicated play-testers in Franchise mode paying attention to playability.

Lastly, Ty's editor: I am a HUGE TY fan. But there is a serious problem with his current editor vis-a-vis 2k12: If you choose his "Global Edit" option to - for example - add 3 to the ENERGY of every player, you **WILL* make your game unloadable.

Again, I don't blame Ty for this. He apparently wrote the editor before the latest version of the game. I just wish that a feature written into the editor actually worked.

I like the game. I appreciate all you modders. I REALLY appreciate Ty's editor. But I raise this point again: If 2k doesn't have the MLB license for next year, I REALLY hope that EA Sports is working long and hard in advance to create the next game.

I worked for Electronic Arts almost 30 years ago and I know (knew) that at their core, they were great gamers. The company now is a parent to developers and that's fine by me. I just hope they appreciate baseball and the PC as much as I do.

I like the game. I appreciate all you modders. I REALLY appreciate Ty's editor. But I raise this point again: If 2k doesn't have the MLB license for next year, I REALLY hope that EA Sports is working long and hard in advance to create the next game.

I worked for Electronic Arts almost 30 years ago and I know (knew) that at their core, they were great gamers. The company now is a parent to developers and that's fine by me. I just hope they appreciate baseball and the PC as much as I do.

As long as there is no great demand or marekt for baseball games there won't be a pc game IMO. Why should they work for something that is a nearly sure financial deficit work?

For the rest of the post I have simply a different opinion. You care less about some optical or graphical things, I don't care about minor leagues in franchise. ;)

Edited by wudl83

Sounds awesome, indeed. I haven't gotten that far into my Franchise yet, but I was wondering if MLB 2K12 features the additional Wild Card spots? If not, would this be something that can be modded? To me, this is even more important than the Astros playing in the AL-West next season. When it comes to the playoffs, it would be great to have the correct amount of teams qualify...

Sounds awesome, indeed. I haven't gotten that far into my Franchise yet, but I was wondering if MLB 2K12 features the additional Wild Card spots? If not, would this be something that can be modded? To me, this is even more important than the Astros playing in the AL-West next season. When it comes to the playoffs, it would be great to have the correct amount of teams qualify...

That would probably be a gameplay feature that you would have to hard code into the game, so I'm not sure anyone would go about implementing that :|

• 2 weeks later...

Got an PM from Vlad, he said expect an public announcment in 7-10 days regarding ReEditor. He said development is in process. He also stated that a schedule editor will probably be in it plus all the functionality from the 2k11 editor, plus some more things.

Any further news from Vlad?

I never found his editor to be very user friendly for the money I paid for the (guru) version. That's just my opinion. Hopefully the modding community can post files for the 2013 schedule and beyond, as well as changing coaches/managers names, as well as putting the Astros in the AL West.

KcCityStar, with all the amazing work youve done for this game thus far, I would love to see how well you do cyberfaces, :good:

I never found his editor to be very user friendly for the money I paid for the (guru) version. That's just my opinion. Hopefully the modding community can post files for the 2013 schedule and beyond, as well as changing coaches/managers names, as well as putting the Astros in the AL West.

KcCityStar, with all the amazing work youve done for this game thus far, I would love to see how well you do cyberfaces, :good:

I spend a lot of time trying to map things.

I feel player faces would give me a massive headache especially with how much of a pain it is to try and find the right face/shape the right face. You never know ;)