2014 Official Mlb Game Thread

Kccitystar

What bothers me is that Sabathia can't.

Whose idea was it to make him go on a diet????? Put him back on soda and fried chicken ASAP!

I don't think that had anything to do with why he sucks right now. I seriously question the drive of any of these players once they get these huge, guaranteed contracts.

I don't think that had anything to do with why he sucks right now. I seriously question the drive of any of these players once they get these huge, guaranteed contracts.

I think that happens in all sports once these athletes sign there big money contract they don't seem to be as hungry and care as much as they once did.

To what do you attribute the loss of velocity? His velocity was a weapon that he knew how to use. At times he seems lost without it. It's like he is surprised when throws a fastball and it barely tops 90.

Drive certainly comes into question, but I really do not like the fact that someone decided that his body needed a change because it might break down. Well, guess what, his brand new body just broke, he was placed on the 15-day DL with right knee inflamation.

Healthy or not, his overweight body worked for him and he did not have any major issues with it or with his performance until some genious decided that he should be 'fit'.

Drive certainly comes into question, but I really do not like the fact that someone decided that his body needed a change because it might break down. Well, guess what, his brand new body just broke, he was placed on the 15-day DL with right knee inflamation.

Healthy or not, his overweight body worked for him and he did not have any major issues with it or with his performance until some genious decided that he should be 'fit'.

Now the no good SOB has an excuse as to why he has been terrible all year.

Damn this. The season's over for the Yankees. Bunch of overpaid has-beens.

Teixeria? Solarte? Betances? Warren? outside of that little mistake last night came in with a 1 era.

I like Solarte and Betances and Warren. These young players deserve a chance and I wish the Yankees had more of them.

Y4L hates Tex, I think.

You've been paying attention. :D

Jose Fernandez needs Tommy John surgery *sigh*. Although I'm a Yankee fan, I'm always disappointed to see a young star go down like this. I hope the best for him

Only time will tell if he or any of these guys who are getting this surgery will be as good as they were.

Carlos Beltran has a bone spur in his right elbow and received a cortisone shot. If that doesn't work out for him it could mean surgery. If I were the Yankees I would expect him to have surgery.

Keep on giving big money contracts to 37 year old outfielders and this is what you get. I blame the Yankees for this mess.

Shawn Kelley has a strained lumbar spine. I'm not sure exactly what that means but I know it means that he won't be playing for awhile.

And the beat goes on with these SOB's.