2014 Roster Update

DetroitStyle

MLB 2K14 Roster Update Project

Description

This started off as a personal project just to update portraits and transfer players. Since then I've developed it further by adding new players and doing full re-rates. So far I'm basing my re rates off the last official 2K roster update from 2K13 for the 360. This should give a good baseline on player ratings for this year.

The goal of this project is to create a roster update that mirrors a 2K roster update. That means it's yours to customize with cyberfaces, team colors, etc. Nothing extra will be added on. This way you only add what you want to add and nothing is prepackaged. This roster will also be 100% franchise compatible which means the Astros will NOT be in the AL. This will allow full functionality (no crashes, missing standings, etc.) at the cost of realism.

What will be included:

• Fully updated player portraits
  • (Semi) Accurate 40-man rosters
  • Re-rate of all players
  • Franchise ready
  • Salaries adjusted

Progress

Angels

Astros

Athletics

Blue Jays

Braves

Brewers

Cardinals

Cubs

Diamondbacks

Dodgers

Giants

Indians

Mariners

Marlins

Mets

Nationals

Orioles

Padres

Phillies

Pirates

Rangers

Rays

Red Sox

Reds

Rockies

Royals

Tigers

Twins

White Sox

Yankees

Demo Preview

Here's a link to a demo of what I completed so far. It's unfinished and still needs touch ups on some finished teams. Take a look and feedback is welcome. Portrait file not included.

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/89043358/file.html

Future Plans

There's no guarantee this will ever be finished. If it is, it would be by the end of the season. Generally it takes 2-3 hours per team to get to it a finished phase. Yet, as the season goes on, lots of transactions occur which cause teams to be tweaked before the roster is even complete.

I'm hoping that once it's completed I can go through and do equipment edits but that would take a lot of additional time.

I'm not going to solicit help for this project but if you're up for the challenge doing a few teams here and there would speed this along. I have a strict regiment for how each team should be updated so it would be a challenge. I can be fairly OCD, :crazy: