We Really Need A Portrait Maker

Gordo

Here's the problem I am having.

I can't seem to find the pressbox area in MLB.COM so I can save the profiles of the players and find their id's.

also (extracted from tutorial)

"Install the action file found at "c:portraitsPortrait.atn" (I just double click it while photoshop is running and it installs)"

When I do that, my computer doesn't recognize the .atn file?

I have CS3 Adobe Photoshop

So, can't I just save the portrait images from the particular player on the team that they are on and then adjust them in PS and add them using the tools?

Also, I know I get the players id's from Oscar's forum... right?

Sorry once I can get the basics down, I should be able to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Possible resource for doing easy portraits (seem to have PNG's already cutout): FanDuel. Also, a cool site if you like to wager. All kinds of options.

When you click on a given player, a synopsis comes up including his pic. The pic is DL'able. Not sure how it would look in game, though.

I am wondering if this may help some people here. I downloaded a file recently when I was over at the OOTP board and it has some updated photos that you may be able to use.

You can download the file from this dropbox link right here: https://dl.dropboxus....4ZTK0PsQbLuB_Q

There are 1,452 photos in this and it is about 108 mb download. They are in .png format and are 170x255 in size. Here are what two of them look like.

Checking through some of those, I think moving forward a lot of those are going to be outdated if a player moved. I'm going to look through the majors and try to see predominantly who's needed. I'll update by division.

NL WEST

ARI: D. Peralta; Nuno; Stites

COL: Matzek

LAD: Barney

SDP: Despaigne; R. Liriano

SFG: none

NL CENTRAL

CHC: Alcantara; Valaika;

CIN: none

MIL: Parra; J. Nelson; Jeffress

PIT: Polanco; J. Nix; Cumpton; Axford; Frieri

STL: none

NL EAST

ATL: J. Russell; S. Simmons; Gosselin; Bonifacio

MIA: Cosart; Morris; E. Hernandez

NYM: deGrom; Black; E. Campbell
PHI: Buchanan; J. Williams; Giles
WAS: Thornton; A. Cabrera; Frandsen

----------------------------------------------------------------

AL WEST

HOU: Singleton (re-do -- just plain horrible); J. Buchanan; Sipp; Veras

LAA: Pestano; Morin; Grilli; Street

OAK: none

SEA: Leone

TEX: Carp; Odor; Mikolas; N. Martinez; Klein

AL CENTRAL

CHW: J. Abreu

CLE: Walters; C. Dickerson; J. Ramirez

DET: Price; Soria

KCR: Downs; Frasor; Kratz; Willingham; Ibanez

MIN: Nolasco; Hughes; Milone; Pino; K. Vargas; Schaefer; E. Nunez

AL EAST

BAL: A. Miller; Joseph; Hundley

BOS: Kelly; Workman (re-do -- blurry); Cespedes; Craig; K. Johnson

NYY: R. Hill;

TBR: Smyly; Balfour; Boxberger; Kiermaier; Forsythe

TOR: Stroman; Valencia

That's a plus. It's really being able to get a hold of a good resolution picture. Basically you need to make 2 files: a 256 x 256 24bit BMP file that has the outline of the player's portrait and make an indexed BMP so that a transparency can be integrated into the final product. You also need to know the official ID which is easy to find on the list if one has been assigned. I've attached samples and kraw's easier portrait maker which will combine the above BMP's and make the FSH file that the game will read. Then it/they are easily installed with TiT.

What you don't want is a final product that has a white or black outline of the player. So, therefore, getting a good initial portrait makes it so much easier. When done you can include multiple portraits in the same zip file for concurrent installation.

Tip: Kraw's portrait maker seems to default to the main drive level, so it's easiest to work from there versus desktop or some other folder.

I've embedded a photo here of what you don't want as a final product.

1zcjwht.jpg

Kraw's portrait maker and sample.rar

I'm still planning on hitting this up also... I've been working a lot more lately and I'm about to go back to college, but I want to learn how to do portraits and cyberfaces... I plan on doing as much minor league additions also. I'm hoping that I will be consistent enough to provide some solid mods for the 2015 year also. I follow the minors very closely, and it's easy to realize why they get backlogged. So, I hope to fill that gap by next year. But first I gotta work with what's needed now.

Thanx Daflyboys for the updates with what portraits are still missing.

It's hard to tell if that's a good transparency, but that's the basic idea. And if there are going to be two of you doing it, you may want to coordinate so you don't duplicate efforts.

Also, I can't remember if the game makes all of the images skinny like it can on loading screens. For example, on CTS screens, the CTS maker resizes the image to 1024 x 1024 so that it looks "normal" within the game. I''m not sure if kraw's portrait maker does this for you, so it would be best to experiment with one sample before you create a lot of extra work for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Rising Son has been doing a great job picking up the back end of the season. I'm going to post here what I think is still needed in case others are doing portraits as well. If I included updates that are already done, please let me know.

Listed by position players and pitchers.

2014 Prominent Portraits Needed – Pitchers.pdf

2014 Prominent Portraits Needed – Position Players.pdf