Baseup! Rosters 2014 (End Of Season Ed.) ~ What's Wanted?

Gordo

Just trying to get a feel for what might be more wanted. If you respond to this thread let me know if you want the rosters reflecting the team's present roster (i.e., the predominant players for the team come the end of the season)

OR

What players were primarily used throughout the year for a given team.

For example, in the first choice the Yankees wouldn't have CC Sabathia in the rotation but would in the second choice.

Then there's no point of updating rosters at all. : /

I agree.

And there are so many changes from opening day that if those rosters are used after the season is done you'll notice some things if you pay attention close enough. For example players who had a great year last year will have those attributes going into this season, right? Well, what if they end up having a lousy season? You will adjust it for what they did. And the opposite works too.

I think whatever you come up with is going to work.

One thing I've noticed is that MVPedit doesn't hold the bone profile change for managers. You have to export, manually change the value and then import. If anyone notices any managers who don't look like their body type, let me know. (I fixed Sandberg).

Alright.... since I did a pretty major update for contact/power at the AS break, I think in the interest of time, I'm going to keep the players on the roster who served the most time on the squad for the season, unless, of course, they were traded or released. Actual rosters at the end of the year get so messy with all of the call-ups/send downs and larger allowed rosters.

That could mean that someone with a season-ending injury will stay down on the "A" level though some may be in the rotation/line-up, especially if they sustained an injury late.

Also, I'll look at the top 2 and bottom 2 guys regarding BA and make adjustments if needed. Some guys who are especially low who got hot as the season progressed (like Caleb Joseph) should get an upgrade. Prominent pitchers will also get an adjustment regarding control whether they are a starter or reliever.

Also, ENCbase13 might possibly feed in some good cosmetic adjustments for greater accuracy.

Probably start on this during 1st week in September and try to get it done during that week.

My $.02 ... Make the end of year rosters look as much like they will Opening Day of next year barring offseason trades or rookies having great springs. If a guy has a season-ending injury put him back in the starting lineup, but say a pitcher has Tommy John in August and won't be back until mid-season, stash him in A or AA.

Whenever you put out a roster I immediately import it into MVPEdit and make the subsequent roster moves (never know when you're gonna suddenly retire; in fact if you ever want me to send you the .mbe at some point just holler)

But like others said, your contributions are priceless and we'll make do with and enjoy whatever you provide us.

I like the suggestion, but there is really no was to anticipate what's going to happen for NEXT year's opening day. It would take way too much research and I assume there would be too many mistakes. You really have to go with the data at hand.

Having said that, I decided it will be based on predominantly service given to the team over the course of the year, regardless of season ending injury and provided that the player is still in the organization. Yes, some guys who were traded late and don't overshadow guys who played a good amount on a give squad will be thrown down to the AAA team (e.g. Bonifacio for ATL), but people always have the option of moving guys around.

I'll also be eyeballing the top and bottom 2 BA's for a given MLB team and if it looks like it warrants a look to make another contact/power adjustment, that'll happen. If he didn't have a lot of earlier data for hot/cold zone (and there are a few) I'll update that.

Also, the pitchers who stay on the 25 man MLB roster will be given a makeover based on this year's ERA (e.g., Darren O'Day, BAL RP will have a high level of control). Stamina ratings for starters/LRP's will be given another look if they appear exceedingly low.

And ENCbase 13 will be feeding me, and already has, cosmetic and other suggestions as we go. He's very enthusiastic.

Addendum: Star Power will also be re-done.