Original Classic Stadiums With The 2013 Mod?

Hey everyone, I downloaded the 2013 mod and was excited to play, but I noticed that the mod replaced the classic stadiums with some minor league ones. How can I use the classic stadiums with the mod? I see poloday.big in the Stadiums folder so I know that they must be there, but how can I get them back?

Bleed the freak, some advice... seeing as you are a new member from a couple days ago; first off, welcome. second take some time and do some reading of the pinned topics in the forum section. try to find what you're looking for by doing a search. I've been here a few years. not a public figure here, just someone who appreciates what the guys have put together and made public. I am in no way a computer savvy person. I know just enough to be dangerous. but info is here, take time to look it up.

if you have a clean version of the game, make a copy of the stadiums you want and put them in you modded game's stadium folder and allow files to overwrite. or you could find some of the great work out there, and download the classic stadiums guys have done work to, and have them in your game.

One thing that is confusing for newer players is how to install multiple versions of the game..... understandable. If you've installed the game and then modded that install, then you already overwritten multiple files and that can't be undone.

You have (it seems) 2 choices:

1) Start over. Install the game fresh, patch it with official patch #3 (no other official patch needed). Then keep it handy. Don't mod it at all. You WILL be able to copy the entire folder and then mod the COPY.

2) If you are okay with going into your registry, eliminate the following key (after backing up your registry, just in case):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SOFTWARE

Wow6432Node (windows 7 specific?)

Electronic Arts

EA Sports

MVP Baseball 2005 =============> ergc key

If you don't know how to get to your registry for your OS, use the world wide interwebatorium and find out.

If you can't find this location fro this key, make sure "Computer" is highlighted in your registry (click on once) and then use the search function to look for "ergc key". Make sure that it's tied to MVP Baseball 2005.

Essentially what eliminating this key does is fooling your PC into thinking the game is not installed. Then when you put your original disk in, the INSTALL option will be available again. BUT BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST!!!

One thing that is confusing for newer players is how to install multiple versions of the game..... understandable. If you've installed the game and then modded that install, then you already overwritten multiple files and that can't be undone.

I made a thread that happens to be a sticky in the Mvp 05 Support thread that is a pretty good guideline to how to do this with ease.

Thanks everyone, and yeah I should had searched for it first, that's my bad. Anyway, I've tried to replace the stadiums file but nothing seems to have worked, so I'm going to re-install it and make sure I save a back up of the stadiums (which I should had done in the first place, I thought the mod would just update the rosters/logos/jerseys, not change the rewards.) Again thanks everyone, and sorry for being a little dumb there for a bit.

Not dumb, just new. You'll see some of the "pros" here frown upon people coming in and looking for instant answers, and taking the easy way. These guys put in probably more hours here, than they do at work.

Reinstall then copy the the whole folder. Keep one as your "master" copy, and the other one you can mod. That way you have a file to copy and replace items when need be.

I spent honestly a good two weeks trying to find stuff where I was trying to get a roster for original xbox going again. I saw the light, and found a copy on pc.

The first and most important thing you'll find with anything here, is keep an untouched copy on file, and save your work.

Hope ya get things straightened out

So after trying to re-install it twice, for some reason I can't seem to get the original classic stadiums back. I hate to ask, but can someone upload their stadiums file to mediafire or something similar for me? Also, I haven't checked but does the mod remove the legends from the game too? I don't recall seeing them and I'd like to make a account with some all-time teams, so it'd be a real bummer if they were also all removed as well.

So after trying to re-install it twice, for some reason I can't seem to get the original classic stadiums back. I hate to ask, but can someone upload their stadiums file to mediafire or something similar for me? Also, I haven't checked but does the mod remove the legends from the game too? I don't recall seeing them and I'd like to make a account with some all-time teams, so it'd be a real bummer if they were also all removed as well.

No. I'm not and no one else should have to do this for you either. If you have the two disks then you have the stadiums. Simple as that.

And the Mvp Legends and Mvp Heroes are not in the Mvp 13 mod. They were replaced with the NL and AL Future Stars.

So after trying to re-install it twice, for some reason I can't seem to get the original classic stadiums back.

Impossible. If you followed the instructions above, you can get a fresh install of the MVP game meaning the original stadiums are there in the <stadium> sub-folder. Has to be. Installing fresh doesn't all of a sudden change things. Here is a pic of my EA game folders. You can see that I have 3 different modded installs (MVP 14, TC1975 and MVP Online) as well as a fresh MVP2005 install as well as that same file zipped in case I mess up the original.

2rqm77o.jpg

And here's a shot of the then current rosters playing at Shibe park. I didn't do anything to the original install other than add official patch #3.

f2k7ck.jpg

Huh, I have finally fixed the issue. Not really sure what was wrong in the first place but thank you for all the help here, I appreciate it. One last thing, now that I have everything backed up, is there a way to get the legends again with the 2013 mod? I've said before that I'd like to make a profile with the all time rosters, is this possible? I did find a mod that has all time rosters, but I'd like to do it myself, most of the fun IMO is making them all myself.

I know I used MVPedit to do the All-Star teams this year and it ended up creating distinctions between the player on the All-Star team and the same player on his given roster (i.e., when I would do a global edit, it would affect the AS player double because the editor was reading him twice instead of uniquely). I need to recount what I did. It ended up getting rid of that problem. Presently if you just overwrite the existing Future Stars players, their duplicate on their given team will disappear as well.

In the meantime, there was an All Timers project done here. Click on the little cog wheel next to search, choose Downloads and search for "All Timers" (no quotes). You'll see multiple files there. I'm not sure what's working on these older files at this time. The minor league teams do no factor in these files, only the MLB teams. One upside to using this is that if you believe a modern day player should be substituted for a player already in there, you can do so.

If you want proper portraits and cyberfaces to show (for those players that have them), you'll probably have to incorporate portraits and faces done from other Total Classic mods. You'll just have to experiment with those.

Also, once you get the teams the way you want, you can go into the "team.dat" file that is one of the 19 roster files produced by MVPedit. Open it with WordPad (turn word wrap off). You'll see team names and their 3 letter abbreviations. You can re-name them what you want. Re-import that back into MVPedit and it will show with those names. However, to show in the game, that takes more doing. The 2 LOC files (FEENG and IGENG --- which stand for "front end" and "in game") have text labels throughout. You'd also have to change those for the given teams.

I think to save yourself some time, use this All-Timers roster and make adjustments as you want. Keep a zipped copy of your preferred file in your data/database folder so you can use it anytime you want. Much easier than trying to incorporate MVP 13/14 rosters with All-Timers.

the reason editing the all star players edits creates different attributes is if the roster maker did not manually set the all star rosters correctly. to do it correctly, you must edit the dat files to manually point to the players in the dat files so that they show up on the all star teams. the reason it's beneficial to do it this way is that there is a limit of players you can have on the rosters. when done correctly, editing the player in mvpedit will edit both versions of them on their team and on the all star team.

some roster makers have gone the easier route by simply creating the player twice in the game, once on their team and once on the all star team. this works, but also uses up an extra 50 spots in the game that could otherwise go to another player that needed to be created.