MLB2K12 Digital Download SecuROM Problems

SeaTrane

I bought my copy of 2k12 as a digital download from Amazon and over time installed and uninstalled it a number of times... Too many now, according to SecuROM. They had to get permission from 2K Sports to raise my install level by one and tell me I have to deal with 2K from now on for re installing. All my other games are hard copies or Steam so this is my first time dealing with this.  I hope somebody decides to make a new baseball game for PC soon  because High Heat 2k4 is better than what I have seen on RBI 2K15.

No, it does not. Since we can not talk about methods considered shady on the forum, I will not.... But, numbering the times I can install my game is shady on their part so sometimes you have to do what it takes to get the job done. If for some reason I have to re install my game I will have to deal with 2K sports and you know how well that is going to go.

Hi,

I had the same problem about a month or so ago.  I purchased the digital version from Amazon, but after a few installs, I too ran into the key problems.  What I did was to contact 2k customer service.  Believe it or not, they STILL have customer service for the product and it was quite smooth and fast results.  I had to send them a copy of my purchase receipt and they gave me a new product key.  The key was for the steam version, though.  I just entered the key and 2K12 shows up available for download.  No problems - works great.

Hope this helps. 

Cool, thanks. I will certainly do that.

update!!!

unfotunately mine did not go as well;

Farzad S., Apr 20, 4:45 PM:
Hello!

Thank you for contacting 2K Support. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately if you have exceeded the number of installs allowed you wont be able to install the game anymore

and there is nothing we can do in this regards.

I'm sorry if I couldn't be of any help at this time.
 If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Farzad S,
 2K Support

Edited by SeaTrane

That sucks...weird that one person will help while another does not with the same problem....

You can also try submitting a request to SecuRom directly.  I did that, also, but I never heard anything back from them.  But, then again, I did not have the need to follow up because 2K fixed the problem.

Good Luck!