Ultimate Roster Project (PC,Xbox,PS2)

llcmac

JaFFith is right on all three. Good sleuthing, everyone keep it up. I made the changes already, llcmac, so still lemme know if you want my revisions. Also I noticed that not having a full, 22 man A team causes MVPEdit to report an error, so I filled them out accordingly. The Free Agent list is getting very sparse now, though.

Sure, you can send it to me, is my email addy listed anywhere? if not i'll pm it to you

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Tribe, I noticed you're the portrait guru--were you the one who released the Reds and the Nationals? I'm making sure that the audio/photo IDs on created players/fake named prospects and scabs match up with the roster set.

llcmac, i am using your roster. i think it is great, but one little tiny detail is bugging me, Bonds wears batting gloves when batting. It just doesnt look like him without those gloves on, but i will say your bonds edit is the best out of all the other rosters that are out now......one other roster had barry but he was white lol. Thanks man, keep up the good work.

Jason Romano: Position should be CF/Util. And number should be 7

Here is information on

Todd Coffey

#56 R/R

9/9/1980

6'5" 230 Lbs

kfM9l9vK.jpg

Good article on him here: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...sp&c_id=cin

Some major points:

"Mainly, I pound the strikezone with fastballs," said the 6-foot-5, 230-pound pitcher. "I throw about 95-percent fastballs. I guess I throw 94-96 mph and the split-finger is my strikeout pitch. It's been working really well for me, so that'd definitely be my No. 2 pitch."

He has a good chance at making the bullpen setup role. Could be the future closer.

I'm editing as we speak--llcmac and I spoke it over, and he'll be editing in the morning and afternoons and I will take care of it at night. So with that out of the way, I just updated Bonds (he now has batting gloves...I changed his bat and fielding glove colors too, I didnt think he had so much red in his gear lol), and I changed the numbers to the Red Sox players, Rangers players and Aurilia.

To Masta--You can still send Petagine to llcmac or if you're going to send him soon, you can send him to me. PM me for email addys.

Anyone else who has CAP ideas and suggestions, please post them here. Thanks.

ESPN says John Vander Wal is still playing for the Reds. But I am pretty sure he retired.

Rob Stratton

#17 R/R

6-2 250

Oct 7 1977

stoooNue.jpg

stratton_rob.jpg

Info on Stratton here: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...s&fext=.jsp

He is a big power hitter. Had been failures at many other teams. Way to many strikeouts. Then he changed up his stance and absolutley thrashed minor league pitching last year. So he will be high power, low contact, and low plate displine. He his 12 HR and .353 in just 34 games in Louisville last year

Great work. I havent played with these yet but are all of the minor league players named or just the top 100. regardless thanks!

Just the top 100 so far, Cubby...Recreating the entire minor leagues would be very painstaking and time consuming.

As for John Vander Wal, haven't seen anything on him being retired (if you find something, lemme know) but he isn't on the Reds, so changes have been made.

Richie Gardner

#? R/R

6-3 185

2/1/82

24757-1.jpg

gallery_8688.jpg

Richie Gardner - 93

"He might have been the best guy I saw all year in terms of changing speeds."

--AL scout

He was the Reds top minor league player of the year last year. Not sure on his pitches, but there are a bunch of Reds fans that may have information on it. Usually rated one of the top 3 prospects for us.

Thanks for these ideas Fatty---We'll start working on them soon. A note to all--right now we ask for only top prospects who have a fair shot at making the majors this year, preferably out of spring training. Like I responded to Cubby earlier, we're not looking at making a total minor league conversion right now, but perhaps later on.

Thats what I am doing. Richie is a top prospect, usually ranked between 1-3. Coffey has a great chance of getting the last bullpen role. He has about an average of 10 strikeouts per 9 innings and has barely any walks in the minors. And Stratton has been raved for revamping his swing and can, and I think will get the last bench spot.

Those where the only I was going to post. :mrgreen: Don't want to overwork you.

Also, anybody confirm out Vander Wal?

Archived