Official Sliders Thread

Trues

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heelfan71's Pro Sliders (From Operation Sports)

CPU Pitch Speed: -20

CPU Pithcer ball rate: +40

User Pitcher Control: -50

CPU Pitcher Control: -50

User Pitcher Fatigue: -10

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -10

Bullpen fatigue rate: -10

User Batting Contact: +15

User Batting Power: +30

User Bunt Ability: +10

CPU Bunt Abilitiy: +10

User Foul Ball Freq: +25

CPU Foul Ball Freq: +25

CPU Swing Frequency: -35

User OF Speed: -2

CPU OF Speed: -2

User IF Speed: -2

CPU IF Speed: -2

User Baserunning Speed: +10

CPU Baserunning SPeed: +10

CPU runner agression: +5

Everything not listed stays at 0.

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders v. 1.0

Difficulty: All-Star

Strike Zone: Off

Hot/Cold Zones: Fade

Pitch Cursor: Off or Fade

Variable "Stuff": On

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -23

Pitch Speed: 0

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 5

User Pitcher Fatigue: -3

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 0

User Pitch Control: -50 (Yes, that's right.)

CPU Pitch Control: -15

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Batting Contact: 14 (Makes for some more varied scores)

CPU Batting Contact: 14 (You have to offset the increased foul balls)

User Batting Power: 7 (More offense)

CPU Batting Power: 7 (Again, offense)

User Bunting Ability: 0

CPU Bunting Ability: 0

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50 (Trust me... you're going to get into some MEMORABLE at bats!)

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -28

User OF Speed (Manual): 0

User OF Speed (MVP): 0

CPU OF Speed: 0

User IF Speed (Manual): -6

User IF Speed (MVP): -4

CPU IF Speed: -6

User Throw Speed: -2

CPU Throw Speed: -2

User Throw Accuracy: -3

CPU Throw Accuracy: -3

User Catch Errors: 4

CPU Catch Errors: 4

User Dive Difficulty: 0

CPU Catch Effort: -25

User Baserunning Speed: -3

CPU Baserunning Speed: -3

User Runner Aggression: 8

CPU Runner Aggression: 8

User Runner Steal Speed: -4

CPU Runner Steal Speed: -4

User Runner Steal Delay: -8

CPU Runner Steal Delay: -8

CPU Steal Rate: 8

Runner Injury Frequency: 0

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0

Batter Injury Frequency: 0

Fielder Injury Frequency: 4

Pitching MG Difference: 0

One quick note on User Contact/Power: Pared has stated he is using 0 ratings for both User contact and power. The settings of 7 and 7 are for people who are struggling to hit. Start at 7 and 7 and lower from their based on skill level.

Hiya guys I am new to the site but was told pared had some very nice sliders for the Pro level if anyone has them or can give a link to them what would be great. Thanks and love the mods so far makes the game 100 times better. :lol:
Look at the 2nd post. I posted some Pro sliders.

Heelfan71's Pro Sliders (From Operation Sports)

CPU Pitch Speed: -20

CPU Pithcer ball rate: +40

User Pitcher Control: -50

CPU Pitcher Control: -50

User Pitcher Fatigue: -10

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -10

Bullpen fatigue rate: -10

User Batting Contact: +15

User Batting Power: +30

User Bunt Ability: +10

CPU Bunt Abilitiy: +10

User Foul Ball Freq: +25

CPU Foul Ball Freq: +25

CPU Swing Frequency: -35

User OF Speed: -2

CPU OF Speed: -2

User IF Speed: -2

CPU IF Speed: -2

User Baserunning Speed: +10

CPU Baserunning SPeed: +10

CPU runner agression: +5

Everything not listed stays at 0.

that seems to favor the user quite a bit

Guest McCovey521

I'm using Pared's sliders,and their giving me nothing but grief. Too many homeruns

and xtra base hits. I'm moving my pitches around to different spots, but I'm still getting clobbered. Any Suggestions? I've played 3 games and they've all been blowouts for the cpu.

i like pared's all star settings but it causes all my simmed games to be high scoring. Also, around the 6th-7th inning, does your pitcher have a stamina of around 60%? Is that normal or is it just me? Also, how long do you let your pitcher still till? For me, it's usually 50 and they start gettin wild.

that seems to favor the user quite a bit

They do. These sliders are actually really bad if you're pretty good at the game to begin with. I played 4 games with these sliders. Scores were 18-1, 14-0, 15-0, and 17-2. I was hitting doubles, triples and HR's all over the place. Pitchers were going way too deep into the game. Hell, my starters still were at almost 65% in the 9th. These sliders are clearly geared towards winning rather than playing a realistic game or for the beginner who has never played that much and doesn't know what baseball should be like. Pitch speed that low is a joke. Contact and power that high is a joke. No injuries is ridiculous. Not raising CPU contact and power is nuts for Pro. Not raising errors is nuts (you'll never see any with these). My 5 year old nephew could go 152-10 with these sliders and playing as the Devil Rays no less.

Don't waste your time with these sliders. I'm doing major testing now with some sliders I made last year and modifying them to use in this year's version and should have some really good sliders for Pro by the end of the week. The game is alot better this year than last year in alot of the slider related areas so it's taking some tinkering from last years sliders but they'll be good, and geared towards a realistic human vs. CPU game on Pro level. (Not even close to what these sliders above are). Sorry, I don't mean to bash anyone's work, but these sliders are just awful.

the big unit - what about some good cpu vs cpu slider settings? have you tested slider settings on cpu vs cpu or suggest anyone else's cpu vs cpu slider settings? i think the ones i'm using now are from an early cpu vs cpu slider post. i see so many posts on lack of strikeouts and have seen slider settings for the cpu swing frequency set at 8, 6, and -49. that's quite a difference. i want realism, but i also don't want every batter to go into a full count on every at bat.

the big unit - what about some good cpu vs cpu slider settings? have you tested slider settings on cpu vs cpu or suggest anyone else's cpu vs cpu slider settings? i think the ones i'm using now are from an early cpu vs cpu slider post. i see so many posts on lack of strikeouts and have seen slider settings for the cpu swing frequency set at 8, 6, and -49. that's quite a difference. i want realism, but i also don't want every batter to go into a full count on every at bat.

Wish I could help Yukon, but I don't play CPU vs. CPU. I play all of my games vs. the computer. Sorry. :(

That's why I wouldn't use mine if you play CPU vs. CPU. Mine should only be used for Human vs. CPU. It's not that hard to make up your own though. Just tinker with the settings and check to see what you like or dislike about what's happening and the frequency that it's happening. You can do it. Go ahead and try it. It's fun to experiment with them.

Yeah, so I'm using Pared's All-Star sliders, and I just layed the smackdown on the White Sox using the Indians. I drew 15 walks in one game. Scoring 14 runs via 15 walks. Now, I want to know how much I should lower my CPU ball rate???