Faces

AlexTony

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Mays & Oliva 2 :wtg:

Thank you AT, I just found this entry. I don't normally write in forums beside my own, but I wanted to thank you and respond to the libel the moderator hurled in my direction.

As for Dan_Burdman, I never trash anybody's "honest work," if you read what I wrote, you'll see that. Where did I "trash" anybody? Saying the moustache looked like Jerry Collona after I said my own version looked like Groucho? Perhaps you as a moderator need to learn to be more careful before lying about people and smearing them. I never trashed this guy, he was clearly being over-sensitive. I wouldn't use this forum to "trash" someone's "honest work," although I see people coming here to trash my work and not gettting reprimanded for it.

Anyway, thank you AT. I wonder if it even makes sense to release any more cyberfaces here? Whatever I decide, I'll mail you whatever I've got by the end. You're a real baseball fan, I know you'll like and be surprised by some of these, even if the Kirk Gibson isn't there yet. Have you seen the new DiMaggio? What do you think? Even if you think it stinks, I'd be interested in feedback on that one, he's the hardest face to do.

dimaginprog.jpg

dimaginprog2.jpg

and the new Goose--

gossage3.jpg

I thought when Fuzz included me on two mailing lists about baseball tickets he was trying to unload that all this petty fighting was over and we could be mutually respectful. Since these posts here are dated August, perhaps this is all water under the bridge? I don't care what Fuzz writes about me, he cracks me up, but I will respond if moderators acccuse me of things I have not done.

Anyway, thanks Fuzz for offering me baseball tickets, I hold no grudges against you and don't really care about any of the fighting. As you know, I told you that you could use my faces or not use them, credit me or don't. I have no fight with you, none of this is worth getting upset about. I have to bring my cat back to the vet today again, there are way more serious things in life than baseball mods and all this should just be for fun and playing around. When I said the Jerry Collona thing I was obviously playing around and not trying to be insulting. I thought I explained that already at leat once in this very forum. Basta.

It might help if people understood that I'm a comedy writer and that PERHAPS they should assume what I write is tongue in cheek instead of jumping to the bizarre conclusion that I intend to be hurtful.

Maybe you should add smileys when you're trying to be humorous so that people know whether to take your comments seriously or not. :shrug:

Yeah I'm stupid that way. I find those things confusing. I need to take a smiley-comprehension class. Maybe I'll just write "ha ha" and hope people get that I'm joking.

Peterbernard,

Nice to hear from you again. Your contributions to the overall Total Classics experience has been significant and greatly appreciated. Any continued contributions would also been as welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for adding to this overall experience of reliving those glory days of baseball. Several of your faces are still some of the best I have seen and I truly appreciate it everytime those players take the field. Mays is A-Mays-ing!

Don

Archived