Anaheim Stadium - The Protest Version...The work ends!

HaloFan

High Heat 2002/2003: The Tradition Begins

Flashback.jpg

High Heat 2004: The Tradition Continues

newscore.jpg

MVP Baseball 2004: The Tradition finds a new home

lfclose.jpg

Four years, four games, but one constant has remained since 2001: yours truly has produced the definitive home of the Anaheim Angels. And after much soul searching, as well as consulation from you, have lead me to continue the streak for one more year.

So now I proudly present the first screenshot of my stadium mod for MVP 2005:

MVP Baseball 2005: The Tradition Returns (hopefully with a night version)

2005Preview1.jpg

As you can see, this is a very early work in progress. Most of the stadium is a mess, as you can see from the holes in the Right Field Wall. The main scoreboard is actually pretty close to complete. The working scoreboard has been moved to it's proper position, and given the font I used last year. If you squint, you'll be able to see that is also a 2005 lineup for Anaheim as well. The jumbotron has been resized and moved to its proper position on the scoreboard as well.

As for the ads, the Carl's ad is fine and wll stay. Home Depot is a place holder, and will be replaced by a Chevy ad. The Budweiser ad is new, and looks pretty close to that from what I can gather on TV. The Toyota Terrace sign will be removed as they are no longer a team sponsor.

This is just the beginning of course, and I'm a long way off before anything is released. But the work has begun.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you mean "did get so upset"

Because I know Halofan has been up in arms over the issue...

No, I think he meant, didn't get upset. His point is, that now that Anaheim Angels became the Los Angeles Angels, people are complaining but when the Los Angeles Angels became the California Angels years ago, people did not complain.

exactly big shmooz, my point is maybe the angels weren't taken away, maybe they were just given back to their rightful owner. and was there a huge movement for the rams to be called the anaheim rams seeing as how they played in anaheim but were known as the la rams. and did people in no cal get mad when they were renamed the anaheim angels instead of the california angels? basically what i am saying is your team is still there so it is not that big of a deal, the only thign that would upset me if the cards changed their name to say the missouri cardinals is that the hat would have to be switched.

geee...it's not like the team relocated. New York football teams play in friggin New Jersey, do you see people complaining? (yeah, it's different, but i'm just making the point that you are making the team name thing and location way too seriously.....Anaheim is in the LA region anyway)

1) The Angels left Los Angeles in 1965, why would anyone get upset about a name change when the team LEAVES?

2) Los Angeles ignored the Angels, which is why they left and came to Anaheim.

3) ANAHEIM IS NOT IN LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!! I swear, how many times to some people need to be hit in the head to get that?

This isn't about the name, it's about the community that a team represents. The Angels no longer represent the place they play in. They no longer represent me. When a team goes and plays another team, it's not just the team, it's the community that is at war. It wasn't just the Angels that won the 2002 World Series, it was the city of Anaheim. It was ANAHEIM that beat New York. It was ANAHEIM that beat Minnesota, and it was ANAHEIM that beat San Francisco.

When the Angels won the division title in Oakland last year, it was Anaheim that came in to the Bay Area, took over the Coliseum, and celebrated in their home.

Beyond that, how would you feel if you were say black, and your team decided to start using the N word as part of it's name? Or if you were Hispanic and the team decided to change its name to the W word? Would you be so happy to continue to root for them with these highly offensive names?

LOS ANGELES IS AN OFFENSIVE SLUR IN REFERENCE TO THE PEOPLE OF ORANGE COUNTY! Just because some people are too narrow minded to understand the difference between those of us from Orange County, and those from the other side of the border, shouldn't mean we get own identity stripped away from us. This is why the Rams are in St. Louis now, and also why nobody here misses them.

To call LA the rightful owner of the Angels is the biggest insult of them all. LA had the Angels for 50 years, and what did they do, they kicked them to the curb the second the Dodgers announced they were moving to LA. When the Angels were brought back as a Major league franchise, they were ignored. Anaheim gave them a home, a stadium, and a very loyal group of fans who have now been told that they're not good enough for the Angels anymore.

If he wants to wear the LA name, then pack up the team and MOVE THE HELL OUT! But don't try and play off that Orange County should feel lucky that we even have a major league team and that we should have to take the name of an inferior community in order to have them here. There are plenty of teams that would LOVE to have this stadium, this community, and this market.

You either represent the place you play, or you get the hell out. That's how I see it. I'd be very proud to root for the Anaheim Athletics, but I will NEVER support the Los Angeles Angels.

Wow...comparing that to calling a black team the "N" word? I'd say you're overreacting a teensy bit...it is the same as the New York Giants/Jets playing in New Jersey, they want to be associated with the huge metropolis for marketing, not a smaller city.

By the way, maybe I'm ignorant, but I don't know what the "W" word is...

Went to the Angels-Royals game on Saturday... went with a fellow friend who is a Dodgers fan and another friend who is an Angels fan. Had tons of fun, especially while parking and getting weird stares as we pumped Randy Newman's 'I Love LA' in my friend's Subaru. My friend and I hung up our blue that night and came to Anaheim in red, while still poking fun at the name of the team.

And speak for yourself when you say nobody here misses the Rams... I sure do. And a change in name wouldn't have done jack for the team and you know it. It's just not that simple!

I'm interested in your project even though I don't have the same views as you, so to help you, here are some pics I took at Saturday's game.

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/1.jpg

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/2.jpg

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/3.jpg

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/4.jpg

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/5.jpg

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/6.jpg

the fact of the matter is this.

i think the name change is extremely superficial. It's not like the Angels are plastering Los Angeles everywhere in the stadium or their uniform. The only place i see "Los Angeles" is that Los Angeles Times ad, which has been there since last year.

Considering this is the last year there is a MVP baseball released on the PC, why not just give everyone an accurate version of the stadium instead of a "protest version". Protest or not, the Angels don't really give a damn. It just takes away from the authenticity that many MVP Baseball gamers enjoy.

Went to the Angels-Royals game on Saturday... went with a fellow friend who is a Dodgers fan and another friend who is an Angels fan. Had tons of fun, especially while parking and getting weird stares as we pumped Randy Newman's 'I Love LA' in my friend's Subaru. My friend and I hung up our blue that night and came to Anaheim in red, while still poking fun at the name of the team.

And speak for yourself when you say nobody here misses the Rams... I sure do. And a change in name wouldn't have done jack for the team and you know it. It's just not that simple!

I'm interested in your project even though I don't have the same views as you, so to help you, here are some pics I took at Saturday's game.

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/1.jpg

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/2.jpg

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/3.jpg

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/4.jpg

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/5.jpg

www.blackadam.com/misc/angels/6.jpg

Good pics!

By the way, maybe I'm ignorant, but I don't know what the "W" word is...

no it doesn't rhyme with the "N" word! :roll: it's 2 words in one. first W think of what happens when you get rained on- and B -what you guys love to pat yourselves on. being in texas it's a term heard daily, not that i agree with it i am anglo but almost all my friends, my stepfather and my girlfriend of 7 years are hispanic.

i admire halofan's passion and agree with him in the principle of what he is saying. he has a belief which i can understand and has the balls to speak his mind. i can just imagine if the san antonio spurs renamed themselves the austin spurs to try and get a grasp or be included in a "larger market", there would be riots in the streets (even though i'm no basektball fan).

back to the point: looking forward to the stadium, rock on.

the fact of the matter is this.

i think the name change is extremely superficial. It's not like the Angels are plastering Los Angeles everywhere in the stadium or their uniform. The only place i see "Los Angeles" is that Los Angeles Times ad, which has been there since last year.

Considering this is the last year there is a MVP baseball released on the PC, why not just give everyone an accurate version of the stadium instead of a "protest version". Protest or not, the Angels don't really give a damn. It just takes away from the authenticity that many MVP Baseball gamers enjoy.

Because I don't make my mods for "everyone." I make my mods for me. I make them available to everyone because others may want to use them. I don't get paid to do it, nor do I ask for donations like some modders do for their time and effort. I make a mod for my use, but I also give it out because someone else might get some joy out of it.

I didn't like putting the Times ad in last year, and I considered dumping it then. What he did in January obviously made me rethink that decision from last year. If you don't like that, don't use my mod, it's no skin off of my back. But why should I put the effort and energy into something that makes me sick everytime I see it?

I won't do that.

Archived