Jump to content

SMB2 Team Transfer Tool 0.4.8

   (3 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

A tool to transfer various pieces of data between saves in Super Mega Baseball 2.

 

Before using this tool, you should close Super Mega Baseball 2. You could potentially corrupt your save file if you use this tool while Super Mega Baseball 2 is running.

 

The tool will automatically find your save file, although if for whatever reason you have multiple save files inside the save game location, the tool will refuse to continue.

 

It is also recommended that you create a folder to store the tool and the tool files in. This allows you to organize them any way you wish.

The tool will search for files in the folder it is located and any folders inside the same folder.

 

You can find the full manual and documentation at the GitLab wiki here.

 

There is also a roster vault spreadsheet available here. Various teams are already available for download, and I'd be happy to share others if you provide me links.

 

I can be contacted via GitLab, on the tool subreddit, on Discord as AFerrea#0813, or by here. I try to keep track of the comments on posts everywhere the tool is available, as well as any problems on the Project Awesome posts, but I don't always catch everything, so if you don't get a response, you can feel free to PM me directly.


What's New in Version 0.4.8   See changelog

Released

* Fixed an issue where certain team packs would be unable to be imported.




User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for this awesome tool! Can't wait to see how it develops. Keep up the awesome work.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are the requirements that the game asks for as I try to install it and I get an error.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 10:33 PM, Karelaf said:

What are the requirements that the game asks for as I try to install it and I get an error.

If the error looks something like

sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table: t_baseball_player_colors

then the problem is that the save data is out of date. Make sure you're on the latest update of the game (Update 3 at time of writing), and then trigger a save by starting a game or changing something in the customisation menus.

 

If that isn't the problem, if you can provide the error message either by copy and paste or screenshot, I can advise you much better.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am getting the following error message: See image below ;)

 

Can't figure out why....game up to date, latest version of your tool as well. I have also followed the suggestions listed in the tool (I just deleted the my league and created a new one, also edited one player and forced it to save that way as well.) 

 

Still no luck. Any help would be appreciated :)

 

Oh yeah, I have tried all the of the teampacks listed in the mage below, and all of them cause the same error.

 

Roger

smg error.png

Save info below if needed.

savedata.sav

Edited by deltaco1023

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deltaco1023 said:

I am getting the following error message: See image below ;)

 

Can't figure out why....game up to date, latest version of your tool as well. I have also followed the suggestions listed in the tool (I just deleted the my league and created a new one, also edited one player and forced it to save that way as well.) 

 

Still no luck. Any help would be appreciated :)

 

Oh yeah, I have tried all the of the teampacks listed in the mage below, and all of them cause the same error.

 

Roger

smg error.png

Save info below if needed.

savedata.sav

 

This one's a known issue, Update 4 broke a couple of things - I'm literally about to upload a hopefully fixed version now.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm....Well I  deleted the old league and created another league. Then tried out the new tool....I choose option 1 (import team or teampack) and then it lists the teampacks i have, but when I choose one of the teampacks (either one) it says it's an invalid option. Then it takes me back to the first menu. 

 

Any ideas?  Image and save below if needed. 

smbt error 2.png

savedata.sav

Edited by deltaco1023

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, deltaco1023 said:

Hmm....Well I  deleted the old league and created another league. Then tried out the new tool....I choose option 1 (import team or teampack) and then it lists the teampacks i have, but when I choose one of the teampacks (either one) it says it's an invalid option. Then it takes me back to the first menu. 

 

Any ideas?  Image and save below if needed. 

smbt error 2.png

savedata.sav

 

File this one under "developer is an idiot". I made a mistake when converting old team packs and my tests didn't pick it up. :( 0.4.3 should work, a couple of people have tested it and told me it does.

 

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll get there eventually.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can not use this tool. I get an error. Some help would be much appreciated. 

 

The error message is attached below

Capture.JPG

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 9:17 PM, Romanza313 said:

I can not use this tool. I get an error. Some help would be much appreciated. 

 

The error message is attached below

Capture.JPG

Sorry, I didn't see this previously. If you go onto Explorer and type %LOCALAPPDATA% in the address bar, then go into Metalhead, then Super Mega Baseball 2, there may be multiple numbered folders in there, each with a savedata.sav file. Since the tool can't automatically know which one to select, it quits rather than risking breaking a save file.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please make the tool have the ability to import rosters into other/older versions of the game... because it takes sometimes weeks & months to find the right balance settings in the game, and then the developer updates the game and ruins everything by changing the balance. So a lot of us don't update the game to the latest version. However, this tool requires the latest version of the game. If you can make it so that we can import rosters into older versions of the game it would be great. Thanks.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being able to import into older versions of the game is on my to-do list, but there's no guarantee that it's going to be possible either for all versions or just some.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×