Jim's Red Sox

biker_jim_uk

As no-one seems to get the Sox shirts right IMO, I tried to make my own. Started with the away, using Moser's as a base (his hatshelmets etc).

Think the colour is better, front logo is correct plus the catcher now has high socks. Any comments?

pic615.jpg

just look through the red sox old uni the white one w/ the giant red sock on the front. in there is a perfect white hat. blow it to 2x and edit. makes a perfect template. i do everything in 2xlite, but i do the hats in full 2x. it causes no system issues. as far as the helmets you can just blow them up to 2x if you wish and use PS to edit logos. :wink:

no white helmets. well maybe like the blue jays old unis maybe. i just blow them up the default and use PS to clone over the old logo, and then add a higher res logo. and then shrink it back to original size. now if a team has a totally wrong colored helmet, i peruse the other teams till i find the right color, and do the above process. as long as the logo is not too big (tricky part) they look fine IMO.

I kinda hoped you would have PMed me before doing this 8O

If you actually decide to release this, please do so with your own logos for the hat/helmet/jersey/etc. I used some techniques on my logos that make them look more like embroidered tackle twill and raised embroidery (at least more than they have in the past), and as far as I know, I'm the only one using my technique (I haven't taught anybody how I do it, although I've seen a few different techniques being used). If you want to know how, it's not that difficult and I could probably teach you, but I'd appreciate it if you used your own logos for this.

BTW, I know about all the mistakes I made on the v1's, and the v2's should probably be released sometime in the next week or two...

I did use my own logo on the jerseypants and I'd suggest mine look considerably different to yours. and the rest are just there for now, I wouldn't release anything using your stuff without asking. Did you do the shoes, catcher helmet or batting gloves? just so I know 8O

here's a jersey front so you can compare them, and I'd also appreciate a PM before you accuse me of theft!

Mine

soxaJERSEY.jpg

Yours

jers_a.jpg

Bikerjim,

This is exactly what I have been waiting for (and also trying to do myself with partial success). You are correct, nobody ever gets the Sox uniforms correct, as good as they make the unis look. You are the only one I've seen who has separated the letters so that BOS is on the right breast and TON on the left breast. It may be a minor thing, but it's noticeable to see an actual break in the uniform where the buttons are. (BTW, nice buttons too!)

Is this going to be available for DL?

Bikerjim,

This is exactly what I have been waiting for (and also trying to do myself with partial success). You are correct, nobody ever gets the Sox uniforms correct, as good as they make the unis look. You are the only one I've seen who has separated the letters so that BOS is on the right breast and TON on the left breast. It may be a minor thing, but it's noticeable to see an actual break in the uniform where the buttons are. (BTW, nice buttons too!)

Is this going to be available for DL?

when I finish it it will be :)

but I'm guessing Moser will be doing the font properly now it has been pointed out ;)

I did use my own logo on the jerseypants and I'd suggest mine look considerably different to yours. and the rest are just there for now, I wouldn't release anything using your stuff without asking. Did you do the shoes, catcher helmet or batting gloves? just so I know 8O

here's a jersey front so you can compare them, and I'd also appreciate a PM before you accuse me of theft!

Mine

soxaJERSEY.jpg

Yours

jers_a.jpg

You did admit using my stuff as a base, so I think anyone could see how I could jump to that conclusion, and for that I apologize. Anyways, I'll see what I can do about the away jerseys. If I don't like the way it stretches, it stays as is. The home jerseys were done correct in terms of the wordmark not overlapping the piping, I did take that critique into consideration.

And to answer the other part of your question, the shoes and batting gloves are mine, and you can use them if you choose :)

Bikerjim,

Are you also doing home jerseys? My biggest grip is that EA ALWAYS uses the spring training font for the RED SOX script on ALL the uniforms (it should only be used on St Pats and Spring Training jerseys). The home jersey script is closer to what you have here on your new away jersey; it's more detailed. And the Alt jerseys (red) have another script that looks like the 1960s RED SOX font. Or it could be the current home script reversed that makes it look like a different font.

Can someone explain how 2x works? Do you simply edit everything in a 256x256 bmp instead of 128x128? Or are you editing it in a 256x256 and then resizing it to 128x128 (this can't be right, all the 2x detail would be lost)? If you are allowed to keep the bmp at 256x256, how much higher can you go (384x384? 512x512? etc)?

Looks awesome!!!

In your pics at the top of the thread is that a pic of Millar? If it is, that looks a lot better than the available Millar cyberface IMO. Am I correct in this assertion or am I all wet?

biker_jim_uk: I think you're a very talented guy and that's the way we all start in this world, trying to make the things the way we personally think they should be. And most of the times you start with your favorite team, or league, or stadium, or player's face, or whaterever. Anyway, the most important thing is defining a particular style and I see you have yours too. Just have in mind that nobody can force you to give him credit for using part of his work, I personally don't mind myself when these kind of things happen. But all of us really love what we do here and It's nice when some guy says something good about you and your work in his docs. Keep on the way you are!

Check the most recent Red Sox edition in the portrait section if you haven't already. I think he needs to have longer hair if possible. Kinda like the Khalil Greene and Craig Wilson faces recently released. Just my $.02. Keep up the great work!!!

Are you planning on doing any more stuff for the Sox?

biker_jim_uk: I think you're a very talented guy and that's the way we all start in this world, trying to make the things the way we personally think they should be. And most of the times you start with your favorite team, or league, or stadium, or player's face, or whaterever. Anyway, the most important thing is defining a particular style and I see you have yours too. Just have in mind that nobody can force you to give him credit for using part of his work, I personally don't mind myself when these kind of things happen. But all of us really love what we do here and It's nice when some guy says something good about you and your work in his docs. Keep on the way you are!

thanks and I was giving credit, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned Moser in the first place ;)

However as I haven't been involved in MVP til I got it last week, I was unaware of who made the shoesgloves, which is why I didn't post the kits but I know now.

lileo, I will probably do some throwback stuff, shame I lost all my HH psp files in a HDD crash! So I need to find all the pics again! Anyone have the 1939 cap 'B'?

and if you mean the portrait in the Sox pack I have that but he is smiling and it is too low res, I was hoping the guy in the cyberface request thread might post a larger version but it seems not, so far.

It is one I have modded but I don't like it yet, I am still waiting on a decent sized, recent portrait pic to use

Oh man, oh man, oh man......hook a brudda up with that KFC cyberface. PUHLEEZE. That's by far the best I've seen yet.

You're not happy with it? I'd love to have access to your Recycle Bin... :p Great looking Millar, IMO.

If I send you my e-mail addy via PM, could I check that out firsthand? :wink:

Check the most recent Red Sox edition in the portrait section if you haven't already. I think he needs to have longer hair if possible........

Yeah...Kevin's got the longer hair going again. He looks so much better with the longer hair, and thin goatee than he did late last year, when he looked like he had a Brillo pad glued to his chin. :p 8)

Archived