Jim's Red Sox

biker_jim_uk

wow those jersesys are snazy you only doing the redsox or are you planning on branching out to other MLB clubs?

It depends really. I did the Sox because a, they are my team and b, the other versions I've seen are incorrect. I don't know enough about other teams to make the same call.

basballfanatik9, the answer is fairly obvious ;)

Mr B, I'll post one in a bit.

It depends really. I did the Sox because a, they are my team and b, the other versions I've seen are incorrect. I don't know enough about other teams to make the same call.

basballfanatik9, the answer is fairly obvious ;)

Mr B, I'll post one in a bit.

THANK YOU!! :mrgreen:

do you know how to access the St Patrick's Day uni's?

I have unlocked all the stuff with the Katie Roy cheat, but I don't see the kits on the selection menu?

Also does anyone have any decent pics of the Sox wearing the St Pat's gear, I've only found 1 pic of Wells, and need to know socks, undershirt, catcher gear etc

I downloaded them, and I'm not sure what to do. I clicked the .bat file, but a quick Command Prompt box flashes by. SHould I be using MVP Studio? or EA GRaphic Editor? Seems like the .bat file should install them, no?

Edit: Never mind, I found a Readme from one of 316's files; these need to go to the MVP directory and use gfxpak to work.

For Neverlose Sight, you won't see it in MVP Rewards...for some reason, it's some Easter Egg; it should show up in the Red Sox jersey selection menu.

OK, now I went back to a known working models.big and copied your jerseys in; they work fine...until I try to use Bronson Arroyo as my starter. THe game crashes, which is weird, if there's a cyberface problem on the team, the game usually crashes no matter what pitcher starts the game. The jerseys do look good, the lettering could be darker though. Of course the number should be darker too, but that's a separate file, I know.

The only real problem (I have it too when I've attempted to make these Sox jerseys) is that on big guys like Wells and Schilling, the edges get warped into the armpits. Oh well. Time to figure out the Arroyo bug.

EDIT: Hmmm, looks like somehow the Arroyo cyberface files were missing from models.big...anyway, the jerseys are working now with St Louis at Boston, and Boston at St Louis.

thanks for your comments, though I took the lettering from pics of the jesrseys, maybe they were too brightly lit, I'll try and dull them a little.

And yes the letters do stretch if I try to do them properly, the way round this is to use Mosers which go over the stripe.

St Pats now show up, seems I didn't capitalise the names :oops:

could you help me with my cleats and mitts Q in the general section please?

I actually have no clue what kind of shoes or gloves any player uses; never really paid attention. The jerseys and helmets/caps are what always stands out to me. Weird thing, I also used a pic of a jersey (off of ebay), yet in the game, mine also looked too bright. I mean, how much more real can you get, right? :)

ALthough sometimes they look nicer in other stadiums that actually have a 'day' option (not 'dusk', anyone know why there is no 'day' Fenway?). But using the white jerseys in another park is not too realistic!

I actually have no clue what kind of shoes or gloves any player uses; never really paid attention. The jerseys and helmets/caps are what always stands out to me. Weird thing, I also used a pic of a jersey (off of ebay), yet in the game, mine also looked too bright. I mean, how much more real can you get, right? :)

ALthough sometimes they look nicer in other stadiums that actually have a 'day' option (not 'dusk', anyone know why there is no 'day' Fenway?). But using the white jerseys in another park is not too realistic!

what exactly are you saying here? ;)

are the unis ok or not? If I darken the white, it'll look to dark in some stadiums?

NO I didn't mean the white, just the lettering...I edited some jerseys, and they looked off-color in Fenway, then I tried them in a 'day' stadium and the colors were closer to the dark red I had actually used when I made them.

• 2 weeks later...

Bikerjim, I couldn't find a new thread about your latest downloads (HiRez Blue ROck/PawSOx/SeaDogs/Red Sox) so I decided to respond on this related thread...they are awesome! I've successfully installed all of your jerseys...Just 2 problems I'm having:

1) There is no key to tell me which f010x.fsh and u010x.fsh files go with which jersey bitmap, so I installed them all based on a=0, b=1, etc, but that was wrong, so I have the jerseys in-game, but I cannot select them correctly. Could you just write something up like Uniform A = Home, Unform B = Road, Uniform H = 1939 Road, etc? I have them all in the game, but the ones I select are not the ones that show up in the game of course.

2) The number fonts are not showing up correctly. I used the "V-neck pullover" jerseys (70s?), but they have a navy blue number on the back, which I believe belongs to the old-style road jerseys (which have no number or name on the back when I play with them). I'm also getting this problem with some of the minors uniforms (PawSox Home, SeaDogs home and Blue Rocks Home all have the default EA font it looks like, but the alts have the Red Sox number font on the back, which looks great). ALso PawSox home shows a number on fron tof the jersey, which I'm pretty sure is wrong. But again, I may have the wrong f010x.fsh files installed. I'm assuming the f-fsh files should be matched up with the u-fsh files? Say I wanted to replace the font with the Boston Home font, would it be as simple as renaming the f010a.fsh file and using it as, say f066a.fsh (Sea Dogs)?

Again, these jerseys look GREAT! That World Series jersey looks authentic with the white border! I know they only wore those on Opening Day, but I will be wearing them much more than that.

Just waiting for Big O's Fenway mod and I will be in heaven.

Archived