CLEAN Turner Field Thread

Dan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be watching the game again tonight... hoping to see more (i'll also probably go to a game this week and snap some photos)

Actually if I had a nice camera with a really really nice lens I could just take the pics from work (my new job, I can look down on Turner Field...really cool!)

But on the subject of this mod... if we use the live scoreboard at default the text displayed won't be HDTV like....it will be only black/gold

Anyone here think it would be possible to make the text generated appear like that of the new scoreboard (white text on a blue background) I'm assuming that the graphics for the text are global and used by all stadiums...not sure though

See photo below:

braves-04-24-05-013.jpg

Interesting idea. I might be going tomorrow night for my birthday, but not sure if I'm going to bring a camera. I will if you guys need it. I've never hosted pics before though nor have photoshop.

it would help me out quite a bit if you do happen to bring one -- if so just take pics of the ads in general (whatever you would think is needed) You could email me the pics and I could host them

& happy b-day

Thanks for the Bday wish poisonmaddux. I guess I probably will bring a camera and take some pics. I don't know for sure right now that I'm going but it seems likely.

Imageshack.us

webshots.com

PhotoBucket.com

I've tried imageshack before but it didn't work for some reason. I'll try again with a pic from MVP real quick.

The font for the scoreboard is one of the image files in cram32.fsh. It ca be modded just like any other image. It's not the same in every stadium.

If you use EA Graphics Editor, it's the num1 file. They way they have it set up the alpha layer is where the numbers are, while the main image is that solid yellow color. Change that to White, and you'll have white numbers.

The background can just be the image above. Just put blue in the image, and Oedit the numbers so that they appear over it. Getting the colors right is the easy part, moving the numbers into position one at a time, and making sure they are about the right size and all that, that is the hard part.

NewLineup.jpg

Just an example from my stadium: The working scoreboard numbers are right in there with all the other numbers I just made using Photoshop's type tool. In fact, they're the same font. But it's very difficult to get everything to line up exactly perfect. It looks pretty good, and if you make the numbers bigger, they'll look better than mine (bigger in Oedit that is).

I'd save it for the end. Get everything else done, and then worry about moving the numbers in place.

The next release of my TED will not have a working HD scoreboard, just the regular jumbotron. I will try to do that for another release with many other fixes, and maybe a working right-field scoreboard and middle tier scoreboards. I don't know, I just want this to be a really good an realistic mod.

By the way, I'm typing this under the watchful eye of my computer class teacher in school.:lol:

hmmm...I'm working on the night now, I think they will come out at the same time, though. I don't want to set a release date but I am hoping some time in late june before I leave for Milwaukee.

Archived