The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everytime it gets to my team in any of the sections while trying to write the data i get "Run-time error 6 Overflow". I saw someone else had this and he got around it by making sure all the days games were completed, as near as I can tell all mine are.

Can you send me the .sav file to MVPSavReader@yahoo.com and tell me what version (PC, PS2, XBox) it is and what kind of file it is (Dynasty, Roster, Owner)? It looks like a bug when reading in the stats. If, so I'll fix it.

I'll check out the rosters and logos problem too. The garbled .ini file is strange. Are you guys who are getting the weird characters using Notepad to view it? The ini file will probably go away completely for the next major release and I'll just use the windows file picker box and store the values in the program. Give me some time. :)

- Rich

There are also some statistical problem that should be checked. When looking at a player card it looks as though left handed and right handed strikeouts (batter) are reversed. For instance my hitter has only had 9 ab's vs. lh pitching yet has struck out 16 times??? After further review this appears to be and EA error.

Also could it be possible to have the player selection just like the team selection so that we can select all and not have to do each team 1 by 1??

Could players on the team roster be sorted alphabetically after their positions?

One more thought, could the game use the photo id the game uses for the graphic photos? This way we could use our photopacks to easily update photos, maybe eventually you could code it to extract the images from the portrait folders (down the road of course).

Great, Great tool though.

Keep up the great work.

What am I doing wrong here? I installed the program as I was supposed to, without a hitch. I selected the options that are shown in the screenshot, but when I click on "import .sav file" I receive this error:

untitled0km.jpg

Up above those two options is the box-thingamajiggy you hit to install. I kept thinking the same thing (that I was missing something) because I'm used to hitting a "next" button down below. It's up above this time. Enjoy the new program!

Thanks a bunch Oly! With my luck, I'll hit another problem when it's installed. :twisted:

Anybody with an xbox have this program working? I have followed the instructions of the read me file but i'm still getting run time errors.

Making Savereader work with xbox (very simple)

First....: Great little program. I had it working with my xbox save in under 5 mins form the time of install to the finished pages..

2 remarks:

1 - If you use Firefox as your main browser (like I do) this program is not compatible, the pages it generates are targeted for IE.. Simply open the pages in IE and they should display fine. Perhaps the author can look into making the pages Firefox/netscape friendly.

2 - Everything works perfectly with an xbox save (Dynasty, no owner mode yet...) except for the "League Standings". This is the only feature that causes the Runtime Bug. I was able do output all other pages successfully (and very quickly).

Ok.. now for the xbox saves..

You need: Action Replay or a similar device that lets you import your save file to pc.. don't need to go into details, if you have one, you should know how to use it..

kam-nats.gif

a team's homepage extracted from an Xbox Dynasty Save...

Once you have your Dynasty.zip file on your pc , export/unzip the file inside called "data.dat"

-Provided you havent' change anything in the savereader's ini, simply rename this file to "testxbd.dat" and copy it over (overwrite) the file in your savereader's directory.

That's all.. Now start savereader, select xbox, select Dynasty and press "Import sav". Takes a minute.

Then you should see all your players, stats etc.. Simply select the pages/options you want to export and voila...

kam-dynasty.gif

...a league salaries page...

If you need these instructions in a seperate thread, let me know, I can post this under the xbox forum...

Personally I don't have much use for the program yet, since I play exclusively owner mode on the Xbox, but it's a fantastic little tool, congrats to the author. Looking forward to future developements, specially owner mode for the X and also output to excel/spreadsheet perhaps or MYSQL.

Great job RichK!

LaTers

Once you have your Dynasty.zip file on your pc , export/unzip the file inside called "data.dat"

-Provided you havent' change anything in the savereader's ini, simply rename this file to "testxbd.dat" and copy it over (overwrite) the file in your savereader's directory.

That's all.. Now start savereader, select xbox, select Dynasty and press "Import sav". Takes a minute.

Then you should see all your players, stats etc.. Simply select the pages/options you want to export and voila...

That's what i'm doing for the first minute i installed the program but without success.

I'm getting the run time error, no html reports are created and when trying to rerun the program i'm only getting this...

untitled4ad.jpg

I'll try again though...

When are you getting that error? when hitting 'import sav file'? Did you try simming ahead to your current game and saving again? I was getting run time errors when outputting the league standings until I played another game and simmed forward to my next current game.

I have used 2 dynasty saves and both don't work. I'm getting the error some seconds after clicking on the import button. It's run time error 6 or run time error 13. After trying it 2-3 times i'm getting the run time error 3021. In that case the program doesn't even work, you need to unistall and reinstall.

I tried again, but with the same result I'm ready to give up....

Dont give it up just yet...I had the same error and what I did to at least load the program again is this. When you first install the program, there is a file called Dynasty.dat. This is the file that is giving you the error. When you re-install the program, make a copy of this file. If you get the 3021 error again, overwrite the .dat file and start again.

Hope that helps

Does anyone know if you can save boxscores and stats from ip to ip games with this new utility? Also, is it possible to read a roster .sav, make edits and then repack as a roster .sav?
As far as I know you Can't but this utility rocks, it got me back into playing a dynasty

mvpsavreader creates the html pages for my teams.

i goto the folder and click on the html and it brings up internet exployer but the html page has a white background and the links is very dark blue. its hard to read.

all the teams pages look like this and dont show there team color.

mvpsavreader creates the html pages for my teams.

i goto the folder and click on the html and it brings up internet exployer but the html page has a white background and the links is very dark blue. its hard to read.

all the teams pages look like this and dont show there team color.

you need to upload the css files

Probably just me but after reading all these posts about people having this trouble or that, it seems to me there's too many hoops to have to jump through to get it to work just perfectly, so I'll just wait to see if there's an update or more stable version released in the future.

Sounds like a great idea though. Good luck with it.

Probably just me but after reading all these posts about people having this trouble or that, it seems to me there's too many hoops to have to jump through to get it to work just perfectly, so I'll just wait to see if there's an update or more stable version released in the future.

Sounds like a great idea though. Good luck with it.

I had a little trouble at first, but jumping through the hoops is definately worth it in the end. I am using Opera for my browser, and it didn't look quite right. I opened everything in IE and bingo. VERY cool. :)

Has any one been able to get the owner mode to work yet? Might have to start a dynasty just to use this program! :D
i couldn't ger owners mode to work so I went right to dynasty and loving the program other then that I have no problems with it

I'm having trouble finding the right size logos to put into the program. The ones I got (when shrinked to fit) get kind of distorted. I've looked around to no avail. If anyone has a tip, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

That's what i'm doing for the first minute i installed the program but without success.

I'm getting the run time error, no html reports are created and when trying to rerun the program i'm only getting this...

untitled4ad.jpg

I'll try again though...

If you haven't, try installing the program in it's default location (c:program files) with its default .ini file intact.

Then make sure to overwrite the default .dat file with xbox dynasty save.

Also as was suggested, try to sim or play one extra game or until you see "advance to next day". What i'd do is save a few copies of your dynasty in various states, then try the saves with the reader. I haven't had to do anything special, it worked straight off the bat with a dynasty save but you can try..

Also I noticed in your screecap, you have no date set... Could be something to do with your save.. Try setting a date manually, don't know if that works, or simming your games till a specific date in the calendar..

Lastly If your dynasty has created players or edited players, this could possibly cause the reader not to read your rosters.. Just a thought.

you need to upload the css files

upload?

i not uploading to a web site.

just want to view it on my harddrive when i click on the html file that mvpsavreader did.

but all the teams color look the same and all has white background and dark blue links. very hard to read the link.

Archived