What does this say? Re: Waterfront Park W.I.P.

MarkB

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good man, can't wait to play on this field again! If you decide to do Oedit, I'll run down and take some pics for ya so you can get everything in the right spots. Ya gotta get the Delaware River in there somehow!

Don't know if you know this, or if you can even change it, but the outfield wall is about 8 feet high all around. Those ads in left are on another wall set back a couple feet from the fence.

Yep, I know that. Unfortunately, I am utterly useless with OEdit, so for now, I'm just going to be doing the advertisements and general appearance changes, then, when all that is done, I'll look into OEditing again. It's still in the back of my head though, and I have someone in mind to do the OEditing for the park, but I'm not going to say who it is in case certain people jump on him and give him 100 requests a day to do some OEditing for them.

I really want the river in there, too. I remember seeing a river in one of the minors stadiums, but I can't remember which one. I should maybe have thought of that before starting on AA02, but such is life.

I'll have some more screenies later today, I'm working on a few things at once just now.

Guys, if you have any ideas on this, I could use some help.

I'm making the numbers for the scoreboard transparent since there is no need for them because there isn't a scoreboard on the right-center field scoreboard. The problem is that they don't want to be transparent. I've tried using the transparency tool in PSP, but it just makes them a kind of cream colour and coupled with the ads, makes the scoreboard look uglier than it actually is. It's by no means done yet, but it just looks ugly, and it's going to need to be dealt with sooner or later anyway, so it might as well be now.

So, the question is, how do you make images transparent if they don't have an alpha (filename_a.bmp) file?

You have to add an alpha file, just make the file 8 bit grayscale and put the -a at the end

Then open your index.fsh in TextPad or w/e and do this

In some instances there may be missing transparencies:

Make the transparencies by creating an alpha file it is an 8 bit grayscale file white is what will be seen in the game black is what won’t be seen.

Save it as 0024-4a.bmp and then make subsequent copies for the other mipmaps.

Then edit the index file again

gotr 0024-%d.BMP

MBP+2 60 x1 256 256 {0 0 0}

ETXT 69 64 16 {0 0 0 0}

EAGL64%20metal%20bin%20attachment%20for%20runtime%20texture%20management%00%00%00%00%00%00

ETXT 70 gotr%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00

Above ETXT put in the string:

alpha 0024-%da.BMP

and edit the 60 after MBP+2 to 61

so it looks like this

gotr 0024-%d.BMP

MBP+2 61 x1 256 256 {0 0 0}

alpha 0024-%da.BMP

ETXT 69 64 16 {0 0 0 0}

EAGL64%20metal%20bin%20attachment%20for%20runtime%20texture%20management%00%00%00%00%00%00

ETXT 70 gotr%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00

That ads the alpha file.

That clip from Pirates tutorial, hope it helps

Tried that before posting. If I make the alpha file white, I get the creamy colour. If I make it black, I get black on the scoreboard. :(

EDIT - Actually, I totally missed the part about editing the index file. I'll try that now.

Ahhhh...partial success. The scoreboard numbers are now transparent (thanks TT), but the problem now is that they've made the whole sections of the scoreboard that they cover transparent, so there are now 6 large holes in the scoreboard where you can just see the sky.

Latest updates:

kljqmg.png

lpqcuv.png

qnoukh.png

kbsdgs.png

najycd.png

dcttdz.png

ahffcy.png

The scoreboard in right center is still a work in progress, so it still looks ugly and has those 6 holes in it.

I've added the cloudy sky to replace the perfect looking night sky that was there before, added the Tyco, ACME, Franklin Corner Dental, New Jersey 101.5 radio ads to right field and added the Friendly Rent-A-Car and Wachovia ads to the scoreboard, touched up the Budweiser ad a little and made some changes to the scoreboard.

Now I just need to get rid of the damn holes in the scoreboard and figure out what the ads under it are.

fix the link, I can't see it.

That's because it's a webshots link, I perceive.

Mark - that is some type of Verizon SuperPages ad. I'm guessing the text is appropriate to the Thunder, so you'll have to find a better picture :?

EDIT: I am now seeing it better.

So far, I can read "Smarter/Better People ~use better expectations~ (obviously it's not that, but that's about as close as I've come to the moment)

Expos4Ever, can you see it now?

Thanks, Masta. I've had a quick look for some Verizon Superpages ads, but I can't find any.

It's a shame there aren't very many pictures of the stadium showing the ads, that's probably the most major one of the all the problems I've come across.

Jewgrass, I might have to call on you to get some pics. I'll have a look around the intarweb to see if I can find any better pics.

OK, I'm going to need some help with this SuperPages ad. I've been trying to create one, but the attempts have come out looking quite ugly.

The whole ad needs to be 384x128, but there is a dividing point that the game mirrors for one of the advertisements under it, so that slightly limits the space.

The dividing point is 128x128 on the left side, so if you create a 384x128 image, then take the first 128x128 pixels on the left side, that would be the dividing point.

I get the feeling I'm not explaining this very well, so I'll use code.

128x128

|

/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

|				   |													|

|				   |													|

|				   |													|

|				   |													|

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

|											   |		 |

|											   |		 |

|											   |		 |

|											   |		 |

-----------------------------------------------------------

/

|

Image added here

So the point where I've marked 128x128 is the dividing point that shows up in the ad below, but the actual dividing line doesn't appear in the ad itself, it is only used for the ad below.

I hope that makes sense. :(

I've only been making minor changes lately and have been taking a few days off from it, so yes. If I have time, I'll be having a look around it later and seeing what needs done, but if I do really need the images, I'll PM you.

Thanks. :)

OK, mirroring is now becoming a major problem.

I just created the "Be a nurse" ad from the left field wall as well as the Remax and Bank of America ads and added them into the ads0 file. Looked good, went into the game and pow, excellent.

snap0134nb.png

Then I looked over to right-center field.

snap0198ot.png

Part of the "Be a nurse" section is mirrored, so you get the above in right-center field. :(

You can also see the section I was talking about on the last page in this screenshot. See the big yellow section, then the smaller one under it? That's it.

If I don't find a way to stop all this nasty mirroring of ads, then this stadium won't be close to as good as it could be. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to begin to try to remove it and get all the ads to appear independently.

Right now, there are 2 major problems.

The scoreboard numbers. I've set them to be transparent to avoid ugly squares on the scoreboard, but now they appear as holes in the scoreboard and you can see straight through the scoreboard into the sky at the points where they should be. I'm thinking that I might be able to resolve this by overlapping the textures from the final scoreboard background onto the numbers, but that would be a really, really, really annoying and lengthy task which would probably take, at the very least, a day or 2 of solid, non-stop work. Other than that, I have no idea what to do.

As above, all the mirroring. I'm reluctant to do any more on the ads until I get this solved in some way.

So, anyone have even the slightest idea how to correct either one of them? :(

are you freeing verticles to move stuff around? Cause you'll have to create the ad you want and find the verticles in the UV Map Editor for "be a urse" and move them to the ad you want.

I think OEdit is a necessity, no? The ads aren't in the right spots, so you're gonna need to move them all around to get it right. I may just head over there this weekend and take some pics for ya. If you use em, great, if not, no big deal.

Keep up the great work!

Archived