Astros Screens

AstroEric

Seeing as how, until someone figures out how to change the first image of Clemens and Ausmus conferencing on the mound, the Astros are the only team that could have a complete screen pack, I figured someone should give it a hack. Here's what I'm working on:

loading1ig.th.jpg

license8qo.th.jpg

cts9dy.th.jpg

loader8sk.th.jpg

I'm planning on replacing all of the load screens with short bios of great Astros. Seen here is Nolan Ryan.

I'm running into problems with the CTS screen though. I follow all the steps, and the game still crashes. The resolution is 72, the file 24-bits, the fsh compressed. Any ideas?

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks to Fizzjob for the templates!

--Eric

Yeah, according to Dig Utopia's tutorial, it should be 72DPI, and that's what I've got it down as.

One thing I've noticed...after I compress the 58bd.fsh with eazip, and import it into BigGui, the compressed filesize doesn't match that of the others. That's almost certainly the problem, but I don't know what would cause it to do that.

Ideas?

--Eric

I think (now, I don't know for sure) that the images need to be 800x600 size, which is the screen resoultion of the menu screens. If the images you posted above are the size you're trying to import, they're too big, which is why the files are larger than the rest as well. I think this is what five was trying to say, but I have been known to be wrong in the past.

Oh. Well, I was using Fizzjob's 1024 templates, and the files I loaded into the fsh's were 1024x1024....I resized them for this preview so they wouldn't look all scrunched together.

I didn't even get a chance to mess with it today because the fan on my motherboard busted and things started to overheat too much. Unless I can find a way to load MVP on this computer at work, it might be a few days before I can get back to it.

--Eric

I'm also compiling a theme of my own, except for the Rangers. I load new pics to the menu backgrounds and the game crashes after the cts screen. Haoever, the CTS screen does work when i change the picture. It's just the main menu pics screwing up. HELP

• 2 months later...

I forgot about this mod...it's been running on my game for awhile, but I should probably share with everyone else.

These are hi-res 1024-squared CTS menus (except for the license):

splash1hv.th.jpg

license5nc.th.jpg

cts4te.th.jpg

menu11mx.th.jpg

menu54pj.th.jpg

menu35bd.th.jpg

menu45si.th.jpg

The only problem is the blurry Manny from bask and crv, which I haven't figured out how to change or get rid of. Everytime I make a change to either, the game crashes. If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

--Eric

Archived