The Big, Nasty, All-encompassing Faq List!

MarkB

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I got that, but now, when I load it, in the team section, instead of saying something like Cubs, it says AL, when the player would be on the Cubs. Why?

There's a glitch in the import function making some teams appear as BAL, OAK and something else (I think it was WAS) when they're in fact something else. You'll have to change that manually

I can't change the team name.

Let's say I'm doing David Wright. I go to David Wright, I click stats, and then I go to career batting. I click Lahman, it searches for the name, and there it is. Fine, right? No. Under team, it says AL. So all I have to do is change the team name... right? Wrong. I try to change it, but I get this message: "ERROR: Career Year by Year Team is already defined for that year."

????????????????

Two question:

I've looked through the FAQ and did a forums search but came up with nothing conclusive, so...

1) Is it possible to move minor league teams? ex: Mobile Bay Bears are now AA-Arizona. I looked through MVPEdit and didnt find any tools for that.

2) I went to the baseball statistics page link that everyone posts to get the Lahman database, but everything looked like it was something you order. Is there a different link/file that you use with MVPEdit?

Thanks for your help and I apologize if this info has been posted already.

I have created a player in MVPEdit, but don't know what face to give him.

Using MVPEdit, go to the Appearance tab, then look at the middle-right section and you'll find a "Face" field. In here, you input the face number you want to use. If you want to use a cyberface, install the cyberface, then set this field to the face number mentioned in the readme file that came with the download. If you just want to use a generic face, use any number from 901 to 915. This chart shows what the default faces look like with black hair, hair style 5 and no facial hair.

generic3lp.png

After reading the forums for days and searching and searching, I still can't find the answer to this...

With all the latest models and rosters downloaded, I still get some players looking like this and not like the above generic faces.

xx.jpg

This is Chris Duncan from St. Louis... his cyberface # is 904.

Not everyone with #904 assigned looks like this though.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I must admit that I used this list today. One person can't know everything and even though I'm an experienced member and modder, I fall back on this list now and then. Today, I was adding a new song to my EA jukebox and forgot how to do it.

I know people doesn't like readmes and FAQ lists but this list is something every member should read because it gives you such good and basic knowledge of the game and the modding that it's scary.

Thanks to the mighty people behind the big, nasty, all-encompassing FAQ :hail:

I've started a dynasty, but have since added in some cyberfaces and changed some audio/photo ID's. Will they show in my dynasty?

As with the similar MVPEdit question above, no. Unless you have already set the audio/photo ID's and cyberface numbers before starting the dynasty, then started the dynasty with these numbers in place, then they will be exactly the same as they were when you started the dynasty. If you want them to show, you'll have to restart your dynasty. The same applies to owner mode.

Mark B, with tywiggins' .dat importer/exporter it actually is possible to change cyberface/audio numbers etc. Maybe you should include that in the FAQ. Just a suggestion.

is it possible, that this great tool doesn´t work with the 07 mod?

because i did it now a hundret times, but the roster is still the same.

it worked with the 06 mod, but now it doesn´t. i load the game, went back to the desktop, started the editoor and load the files from the database folder, made my changes and than explored it to the database folder. going back to my game, no changes ar shown :(

Two question:

I've looked through the FAQ and did a forums search but came up with nothing conclusive, so...

1) Is it possible to move minor league teams? ex: Mobile Bay Bears are now AA-Arizona. I looked through MVPEdit and didnt find any tools for that.

2) I went to the baseball statistics page link that everyone posts to get the Lahman database, but everything looked like it was something you order. Is there a different link/file that you use with MVPEdit?

Thanks for your help and I apologize if this info has been posted already.

Just quoting this for help for this guy, and myself lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I was wondering where to get the Lahman database, too, and I also wanted to know what each of the linked-to programs on the first page do. The only one I heard of before was the EAGraph thing. It would be helpful if you gave a short description of what each of those things does.

• 1 month later...

This is one of the better threads here, but my question is, will mvpedit work with the mvp07 mod? I ask because I keep getting a missing DAO.msi thing? Then when it finally shows up and i try to import a roster, I get an error 53? Has anyone had these problems, if so how did u fix it?

Thanks.

This is one of the better threads here, but my question is, will mvpedit work with the mvp07 mod? I ask because I keep getting a missing DAO.msi thing? Then when it finally shows up and i try to import a roster, I get an error 53? Has anyone had these problems, if so how did u fix it?

Thanks.

Yes, it does work with the 07 mod.

Write down the name of the file that the program tells you is missing and then google it, download it and add it to your MVPedit-folder :)

Yes, it does work with the 07 mod.

Write down the name of the file that the program tells you is missing and then google it, download it and add it to your MVPedit-folder :)

THANK YOU! That's all I needed to know.

If I have a cyberface, how do I find out what the last number that was taken so i can rename my cyberface +1 that number. I know 900+ are created faces.

THANK YOU! That's all I needed to know.

If I have a cyberface, how do I find out what the last number that was taken so i can rename my cyberface +1 that number. I know 900+ are created faces.

Download UR 8.2 rosters and grab the included "Cyberfaces in UR 8.2.xls" file. It tracks down all the numbers so you can just pick one and replace it :)