Roger Maris Cyberface

Padres67

Interesting-I'm from KC-originally San Diego-Once I discovered MVP EDIT I created all time teams and replaced all of the original 16 ML teams with appearance and stats etc. It has been a blast. The all-time Yankees and all time Red sox have battled it out in 3 season simulations and the Red Sox win every playoff and go to the World series usually against the All time Reds,Giants, or Dodgers

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thanks Paul, and don't worry about it, 112155. Hardcore, you COULD take the "high road" and butt out of other people's fights, no? Ha.

You do realize that I am the only person sticking up for you at the beginning of this thread, the only person taking an attempt at getting a better looking one, and one of the few trying to keep this on track other than a 'mine jobs bigger than yours' deal.

Your All-Time Teams project sounds very well done. Did you ever release your work on MVPMODS ? I know jp_hidalgo is currently working on a similar project and his should be released fairly soon. I think if you haven't released yours there are many on this site that would appreciate it if you would decide to.

Thanks,

Don

wow-never thought of it or how to even do that-I'm computer disabled-but my son who is 17 and a computer programmer at Honeywell might be able to figure it out-I dont have portraits for the players I created, just used the ones that were already done and made many changes to existing players as far as stats and appearance

You know, I wonder why I am not allowed to respond to the posts that have paragraph after paragraph of stuff written about me?? Why is it that I am not allowed to defend myself here? It's ok for Peter to go on and on and on and publically ridicule me day after day, but if I respond to any of his comments or accusations, I am out of line? rust me, I'd prefer to drop it all, but it won't be on Peter's terms...that much I can tell you.

Tell me, how many of you other guys would sit quietly if similar things were written against you? I try to let it go, but Peter just keeps hammering. Go to the previous page and read the 2 new posts and see how often he mentions me. And thanks for the amateur psychoanalysis, Peter. You found yet another niche you are not very good at.

I think he is the one to be embarrassed, not me. I have nothing to be ashamed of, believe me. I still think he is a pompous idiot with an ego the size of Montana. So, there you have it...tit for tat. It can be dropped, but if my name contimnues to be dragged through the mud, it won't be by me.

And I did see the post about where we all live. I am in CT, near the NY border...not too far from the city.

You know, I wonder why I am not allowed to respond to the posts that have paragraph after paragraph of stuff written about me?? Why is it that I am not allowed to defend myself here? It's ok for Peter to go on and on and on and publically ridicule me day after day, but if I respond to any of his comments or accusations, I am out of line? rust me, I'd prefer to drop it all, but it won't be on Peter's terms...that much I can tell you.

Tell me, how many of you other guys would sit quietly if similar things were written against you? I try to let it go, but Peter just keeps hammering. Go to the previous page and read the 2 new posts and see how often he mentions me. And thanks for the amateur psychoanalysis, Peter. You found yet another niche you are not very good at.

I think he is the one to be embarrassed, not me. I have nothing to be ashamed of, believe me. I still think he is a pompous idiot with an ego the size of Montana. So, there you have it...tit for tat. It can be dropped, but if my name contimnues to be dragged through the mud, it won't be by me.

And I did see the post about where we all live. I am in CT, near the NY border...not too far from the city.

Oh, yeah, that's "dropping the subjext." You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Your behavior is very mature.

Love,

The pompous idiot with the ego the size of Montana

You do realize that I am the only person sticking up for you at the beginning of this thread, the only person taking an attempt at getting a better looking one, and one of the few trying to keep this on track other than a 'mine jobs bigger than yours' deal.

My job is NOT bigger than anyone's! In that sense, I'm just like Howard Stern (I'm trying to say this in a clean way). I never said I was better than Capa, it would be kind of redundant to point it out. I don't remember you sticking up for me, only accusing me of having a urination competition. But I'll take your word for it and say:

Thanks for sticking up for me!

But if you butt into other people's fights, you end up in a fight yourself.

One time, this guy was beating up his girlfriend on the train and I couldn't take it. I went over and made him stop. Then HIS GIRLFRIEND STARTED WAILING ON ME! For defending her! So I learned to stay out of other people's fights and let them go kill each other. That's basically all I meant.

Your All-Time Teams project sounds very well done. Did you ever release your work on MVPMODS ? I know jp_hidalgo is currently working on a similar project and his should be released fairly soon. I think if you haven't released yours there are many on this site that would appreciate it if you would decide to.

Thanks,

Don

I know you meant to encourage me on my roster project too, SteCropper, I know you just forgot.

Interesting-I'm from KC-originally San Diego-Once I discovered MVP EDIT I created all time teams and replaced all of the original 16 ML teams with appearance and stats etc. It has been a blast. The all-time Yankees and all time Red sox have battled it out in 3 season simulations and the Red Sox win every playoff and go to the World series usually against the All time Reds,Giants, or Dodgers

Yeah the one I have half-done is more like what Uncle Mo talked about doing, but I started it way back when. It's what you did but an all-time team for each ML team. When I played TC, I'd give up quickly on the minor league teams and create best of MLB teams anyway. But I don't want to release it till I've got multiple players for each team done face-wise.

I still would be releasing faces so they could be used with other rosters, though, obviously, I'm not boycotting Total Classics in any sense.

I'm so sorry Uncle Albert we havent done a bloody thing all day-we are so easily carried away-why cant we be friends, why cant we be friends-kumbya my friends kumbya

Hey--off-topic-- (like everything else in this thread) -- I read an article on the BBC web site today that Paul McCartney claims the ghost of George harrison helped him write a song on his new album!!! I can't find the BBC version in google right now but here's the Irish Online version:

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...056&p=y5x7y476z

Don't bother, just do what you want to do. Whose opinion are you waiting for? If you want to make a new Maris, just keep auditioning the skin on different meshes. If it doesn't mlook good on any of them, then go back and work on the skin again. You need to lighten it a bit, for one thing. Try putting the skin over all the mesh #'s everyone's suggested. If they don't work, take a face people think looks like Maris and CAREFULLY, bit-by-bit, add features from your photos and see if it makes him look more or less like Maris.

Some of them you get right away, others take forever. I had a number of Marises and none I really loved. I had one I liked better than the one that got released, but I was prevailed upon to release that one by my patron.

I have a question for you-- are you able to alter face meshes w/o causing the head to roll around on the floor by the player's feet? That's the one problem I've never found a solution to.

eMail me your .mbe file from MVPEdit and I will assist you in getting it uploaded to mvpmods, that is if you would like for me too. I will make certain your name is associated with all credits for it. Just PM me and I will be more than happy to walk you through what ever needs to be done to get your hard work available on mvpmods for others to enjoy as well. This really is something many have been looking for and would greatly appreciate. My email address is stecropper@aol.com ..... if you care to just send it myway.

Peter,

I completely missed your post about your Roster work. It probably was buried in all that other non baseball related stuff which I try to just bypass as best I can. Is it an All-Time Roster set or just a Classics Type? I would imagine you could do a whirl of a Roster set with faces associated with it - especially an All-Time or Classics in general. I would very much like to see your work as I am sure would many others here. Thanks for what you have done so far with the Classics and I, along with the many others, certainly look forward to more coming when time allows for you to do so.

Take Care,

Don

who is Barry Pepper?The all-time team project that someone else is working on has many if not most of the same players I have-I just dont have portraits . I have simulated several seasons and I keep tweaking their hitting and pitching abilities-I am having very good success in accurate stats for the players

Peter,

I completely missed your post about your Roster work. It probably was buried in all that other non baseball related stuff which I try to just bypass as best I can. Is it an All-Time Roster set or just a Classics Type? I would imagine you could do a whirl of a Roster set with faces associated with it - especially an All-Time or Classics in general. I would very much like to see your work as I am sure would many others here. Thanks for what you have done so far with the Classics and I, along with the many others, certainly look forward to more coming when time allows for you to do so.

Take Care,

Don

See? I knew it was something like that. I also like what you do. Thanks for the nice words and please keep up the good work, you're one of the good guys here.

OK I am still working on a few rosters but I should be done soon-I did not do all time teams for Tampa Bay,Arizona,Colorado,San Diego,Texas,Seattle.Washington, LA Angels and Florida-These have a mixture of players on them. Ok that guy-he looked alot like Maris in '61

I give up...another 3 posts wailing on me.

Ok Peter...you win. You are the god of all gods. You are the best. We all know it now. That you've made sure of. Never done anything wrong in your life. Ok..we get it.

One favor...leave me alone out of any of your threads and discussions from now on , and I will do the same for you. No need to respond to this note. Just leave my name out of anything you write, and all will be fine.

period.

If anyone who reads this thread and doesn't realise that peterbernard is a delusional idiot who only does faces for money and talks about donating stuff only when he realises he's been found out, is clearly more dilusional than peter.

For further reading of the insanity of the great peterbernard, check out this thread...

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...ewtopic&t=10930

If anyone who reads this thread and doesn't realise that peterbernard is a delusional idiot who only does faces for money and talks about donating stuff only when he realises he's been found out, is clearly more dilusional than peter.

For further reading of the insanity of the great peterbernard, check out this thread...

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...ewtopic&t=10930

Jewgrass, do you realize you linked to the page where I pointed out how you lied publicly about me by reprinting your e-mail to me saying, "no pressure?"

And man, it's spelled "delusional." I agree there is no one more "dilusional" than me.

Jewgrass, I LOVE it when YOU write about me, please continue.

STORIES TO EXPLAIN THE MENTALITY OF MY STALKER FANS:

1. I had these two girl stalkers who came from the Pacific Northwest. They told me they came to NYC to stalk Joey Ramone, Dee Dee Ramone, a former member of The Misfits, and me. Don't ask me to explain, that's just the story. I actually WENT TO THEIR APARTMENT merely because they were both hot and interviewed them. When they got to describing how they hated black people, I was ready to leave.

2. One exotic dancer got so obsessed with me because I let her interview one rock band on my show that she started a number of blogs, some of them named after me, all of them about what she imagined my personal life was like and how i could possibly resist her charms. Now this was a popular and talented young woman, I was really weirded out that she'd flip like that, but she wrote online that she had previously been committed to an institution and maybe that was a true story, I don't know.

3. One of my previous girlfriend/roommates hated the musical band the Pixies. If I was watching TV and a Pixies video would come on, she'd come in the room and lecture me about how they were bad. Then they put out this record she liked and she dragged me to go see them and started a Pixies fanzine.

4. When someone keeps talking about how they don't like you and can't move on past it, they are behaving like a girl in kindergarten that runs up and hits you and runs away. They are confessing their undying devotion to you.

The strange thing about certain more recent stalkers from this site is that they're GUYS. That to me is even weirder than the previous ones.

Look, when Capa wrote that I'm upset that nobody throws themselves at my feet, it was sort of backwards. I really don't appreciate people throwing themselves at my feet like has been going on here lately. Look, Capa and Jewgrass, I know you love me, but I like women better than guys. Please don't take it personally, it's just not personal.

Tell me I led you on by flirting with Fuzz in his party dress and I'll declare myself innocent. I had no idea you were watching when that was going on. Please forgive my indiscretions and allow me to move on with my life. Repeat after me: I am NOT Mrs. David Letterman, I am NOT Mrs. David Leterman, I WILL stay on topic, I WILL stay on topic.

WAIT I remember I DID have a male stalker once. He started off stalking the girls on my show but then he convinced me to call him on the phone one night. he wrote down my number and started calling me daily to give me "advice" about my show. A girl would move out of town and he would insist I get her back on the show. I would tell him to calm down. He would act like certain people here and shout that I owed him something because he was my fan. I let the machine pick up the phone since then, i only call back friends or people with business offers that sound interesting.

Welcome to my nightmare.

Archived