Concept Uni Request Thread + 60 Uni Project

Fastflink2009

What's wrong with a little competition, fastflink? Those are amazing fantasy CONCEPT uniforms, and isn't this the concept uni request thread?

I request all those to be done.

And wouldn't you know it, every other team's logos were posted along with their jerseys except for the Royals. Tribe time, can you help me out with a link here? I'm gonna go ahead and make the Royals jerseys, I think, and I would highly suggest someone make a few of the others, too ...

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's wrong with a little competition, fastflink? Those are amazing fantasy CONCEPT uniforms, and isn't this the concept uni request thread?

I request all those to be done.

And wouldn't you know it, every other team's logos were posted along with their jerseys except for the Royals. Tribe time, can you help me out with a link here? I'm gonna go ahead and make the Royals jerseys, I think, and I would highly suggest someone make a few of the others, too ...

B/c we have been working on our own stuff, and you can tell that he has many more resources than we have. So if you want them made, find someone else b/c we are doing are own thing. This is the concept uni request thread, u request a team, and I do a concept, but this has developed into a big project. Tribetime is pursuing Umachines so you can go post in his thread about it.

Well can I get a true "concept jersey," maybe just a little more than a re-colored logo? If you submit one, i'll submit one ...

I don't have the Resources to make the logos like that guy did. You asked me to use logos they don't use and I did. I'm trying to please everyone but it is really freakin hard.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. First off, calm down. You're breaking the first rule of modding -- don't try and please everyone, just have fun and please yourself.

Second, what "resources" does this guy have that you don't? I designed my own Royals logo and uni's, and all I have is Photoshop CS and a six pack of Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. He just invests a little more time and care into each thing he does obviously, rather than just spitting out 50 uni's a day using the copy and paste function.

I'll submit some of the uni's i'm working on to give you an idea of what i'm "complaining" about ...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. First off, calm down. You're breaking the first rule of modding -- don't try and please everyone, just have fun and please yourself.

Second, what "resources" does this guy have that you don't? I designed my own Royals logo and uni's, and all I have is Photoshop CS and a six pack of Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. He just invests a little more time and care into each thing he does obviously, rather than just spitting out 50 uni's a day using the copy and paste function.

I'll submit some of the uni's i'm working on to give you an idea of what i'm "complaining" about ...

I don't even have a program as sophisticated as photshop cs, I don't know how to design my own logos, and for heaven's sake I'm not just ******* copy and pasting. You don't know how much time I spend on these unis. Sometimes when i really want to do one I spend 45 mins plus I zoom in all the way to do piping pixel by pixel. I put much more effort into this than it takes you to criticize me so stop already.

Hey, i'm not criticizing, just trying to inspire you to try for greater things. And if you're honestly spending that much time on these preview pics, then why not try actually creating the jerseys themselves?

Listen, you're obviously getting pissed, so let's just resume posting concept uni's ...

ok first off fastfink2009 is the crator of the thread and dfeenrtly the project manger and he has develped the abily to crate more hen the base concet, now for the expert to step in. that me at this point, and there a fw things we have get right. i post a thred a couple pages back and expliand hter sis certian limts of cans and cnats about making these crations real. while the addition versions ocncept are really nice some of them either would be incredibaly hard for anyone to do, becase of lining up pieces and so on, there are few in here ther no way ther even pratcial toto make look right. one thing is there are differnt pants and 3 differnt front jersy peices. ehy arent going to line right allways when try to a nfl stiyle side jery, not to add to it, but there is only bakc jersey peice, so its a litt complaed to just do them.

then for the rest read my most about fonts on 26 or 27 maybe 25 not sure. there other things, but what some concpets are nice and grate ideas arent always possible, for differnt reaons. either stirping cant work, or there a number issue, or font style issues. but you get the point. some these are as the word means fansty and be there fun fansty, some are done most likely designed with ideas of what would be and not with the game in mind in the first place. we all can try doing differnt things, but some pic desig dont translate will into the work and game, please keep it mind.

Anyways, I ended this a few posts back, so let's just get back to viewing the jerseys these guys are churning out ...

No more bickering, fastflink will do what he wants and we'll all just sit here and constructively criticize and give praise.

Now go fastflink, go! Before someone else wants to add to the senseless squabbling! Go forth!

Oh, are you talking about the off-site fantasy uniforms? Fastflink's gonna get mad ...

But yeah, I agree with you that they do kinda take away from the good 'ole baseball feel. They seem a little too futuristic to me. But I wouldn't be surprised if uniforms actually looked like that a few decades from now ...

I like the Diamondbacks uni's too, especially the new color scheme. I also really like the Royals logo, but I don't much care for the jerseys ... oh well, maybe I won't be alive when they actually look like that one day ...

Oh, are you talking about the off-site fantasy uniforms? Fastflink's gonna get mad ...

But yeah, I agree with you that they do kinda take away from the good 'ole baseball feel. They seem a little too futuristic to me. But I wouldn't be surprised if uniforms actually looked like that a few decades from now ...

I like the Diamondbacks uni's too, especially the new color scheme. I also really like the Royals logo, but I don't much care for the jerseys ... oh well, maybe I won't be alive when they actually look like that one day ...

Cut the **** spungo, your uniforms look like a 5 year old made em'. hows that for constructive critizicism???? BaMa was just saying something productive so quit bein a smart ***.

I guess that's constructive criticism, it doesn't really matter.

Besides, didn't I just agree with Bama and say something nice back? Me and Bama were having a moment, and you came in and ruined it. You ruiner. You're a ruiner. Now who's the five year old?

But seriously, why don't you just calm down? You realize you're the only one who's freaking out about this, right? I'm officially over it, so you should be, too.

No more about the heated decade-old rivalry between myself and Fastflink, it's old and boring ... back to the jerseys ...

No, no more of anything! No PM's, no Prime Minister's, no Post Menopause, and certainly no more about this silly misunderstanding. (But thanks for the back-up, Tribe.) I'm trying to build myself a reputation here as a fun guy who makes some great mods, so let's not trounce on that cause I gave out some constructive criticism. It's over and done with ...

Now on with the concept uni's!!!

Also, something i fogot to say. I think the tigers are the only team with a classic script logo. The Classic Script logo IS baseball. And about the Cubs, lets say they switch to that logo, would playing at Wrigley really be right? Or would the logo make it seem more like a team that would play at the "SuperAstroDome of the Future"

Another 2 cents.

Oh man, Fastflink's gonna freak when he sees this today ...

And Bama, I agree the script is essential to jerseys, but I don't think I like the Tigers uni's, they seem a little too 'bubbly' for me, almost like a girl designed the jersey. But hey, maybe in the future that's how all writing will be.

Also, if the Cubs play in a different stadium, i'm sure they'll have genetically engineered super ivy that grows along the walls and feeds off fans and opposing players in the outfield. I mean, that's a given in the future, right?

Archived