Concept Uni Request Thread + 60 Uni Project

Fastflink2009

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean no disrespect here, but why don't you guys try and make the unis yourselves? You have a lot good designs and the fastest way to get them done would be to make the actual unis.

Now why didn't I think of that ;)

It amazes me that people think making unis is some sort of black art! If I can make kits that look really good then so can anyone else, as I said before, it is exactly the same principle as making those concept pics, you just stick the template over the top for the creases!

oh and a daft Mariners idea I was toying with

pic849.jpg

i know what you mean biker jim uk and fastflink. one i said i was willing to try doing some, and even put a sample pic up on page three, but know one show intertest as of now a and secondly know one seems to want to do any as if doing them a was to hard or something. it takes practice and little time and paticance, then wow a uniform is born. if you get the form down and the way to do them down, you can do a set in a couple hours time, even at med levil of mod work. a little longer if you half to completly redo the entire uniforms sets from start. i mean like change everything including the fronts. that longest amount of work to me.

maybe try something other than just recolouring current mlb uniforms.
OK, I guess since you're the expert i should bow down to you :hail: . I guess you know what you're talking about and I should just quit doing the style that I have been doing the whole time and do exactly as you say master.

maybe try something other than just recolouring current mlb uniforms.

I did and got no comments, but it seems to me that there is very little variation possible if you want them realistic and in team colours. Like the Toronto vest idea, there are only limited combinations you can make, so they will either look similar to others' or the real unis IMO

I did and got no comments, but it seems to me that there is very little variation possible if you want them realistic and in team colours. Like the Toronto vest idea, there are only limited combinations you can make, so they will either look similar to others' or the real unis IMO

Thank you for making my point to rollie

O Ya, and tell me this isn't recoloring a current mlb uniform

it's not because i know for a fact i used a template. it's based on a current uniform, but i actually put it together from scratch. you're taking, for example, a jays white uniform, and using paint bucket to change white to blue, and then posting it as a new jersey.

i am using this template to make that uniform. it's in a higher resolution so it's easier to work with, and then resized. part of the reason yours are low quality is because you're working at the current size.

you will also notice that it's impossible for mine to be a recolourization because if you zoom in you'll notice that my piping around the neck is really all over the place, as well as on the sleeve.

so don't try and throw back at me because i pointed out the obvious.

i didnt say you have to do anything, but it's obviously taking less than 5 minutes to fill in a new colour and save. what i did with that jersey took an hour or two because i actually drew the piping and such. the hat is the only thing that i copy and pasted.

it's not because i know for a fact i used a template. it's based on a current uniform, but i actually put it together from scratch. you're taking, for example, a jays white uniform, and using paint bucket to change white to blue, and then posting it as a new jersey.

i am using this template to make that uniform. it's in a higher resolution so it's easier to work with, and then resized. part of the reason yours are low quality is because you're working at the current size.

you will also notice that it's impossible for mine to be a recolourization because if you zoom in you'll notice that my piping around the neck is really all over the place, as well as on the sleeve.

i didnt say you have to do anything, but it's obviously taking less than 5 minutes to fill in a new colour and save. what i did with that jersey took an hour or two because i actually drew the piping and such. the hat is the logo that I put on the jersey and sometimes the hat. It's Been seperated and switched around. I don't just change the colors on the jersey and save it. I take at least 45 minutes and I am a fast worker. So don't rag on me because I put in a ton of effort.

i didnt say you have to do anything, but it's obviously taking less than 5 minutes to fill in a new colour and save. what i did with that jersey took an hour or two because i actually drew the piping and such. the hat is the only thing that i copy and pasted.

Plus, Like Biker Jim said, there are only a limited number of combinations you can make that will actually make the jerseys look realistic

i don't recall anybody saying they didn't like my one concept. but don't worry, your naughty words have really set me straight to suddenly agreeing with the crap you come up with in defense. not even looking at your posts anymore.
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way, and I'm sorry we had to start a silly fight about this crap. So lets forget this, it's taking away from the thread.

Archived