Name Brand Catcher's Gear

thespungo

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not bad, except for that fact that it's a different chest protector and the shinguard and helmets are blocking it.

mizunosamurai2x4sb.png

I found a hi-res picture of this vest and was able to create it, but I can't find any large pictures of a shinguard that's looking straight on.

I think I'm gonna take a break from catcher's gear for awhile, so I'll leave you with this vest for now. But who knows, I go between projects so often that I'm bound to return to this one soon...

• 3 weeks later...

After RoyalBlues95 twisted my arm last night, I decided to try some more 2x equipment. The following are some BETA versions, if you will, as they haven't been tested out in the game, but I'm 99.5% sure they will look great.

allstarredblue13fp.pngallstarredblue23zy.png

All-Star gear

rawlingsblack18py.pngrawlingsblack27nt.png

Rawlings gear

After RoyalBlues95 twisted my arm last night, I decided to try some more 2x equipment. The following are some BETA versions, if you will, as they haven't been tested out in the game, but I'm 99.5% sure they will look great.

allstarredblue13fp.pngallstarredblue23zy.png

All-Star gear

rawlingsblack18py.pngrawlingsblack27nt.png

Rawlings gear

Just so that you know, I added alot of them to different teams main uniforms in the moser models.big in the last couple of uploads I made. Unfortunately as we all know by now, the upload is no longer on the site. (not sure if this issue is temporary or permanent as of yet)

Anyway they are fantastic. I just wanted to make one note though. Some of the teams colors I used (for instance the royal blue for the Met's) have a trim on the edges in real life (in the case of the met's it is an orange trim) that is not there in the upload. I was wondering if you could do the gear with the trim included for the different teams that use that trim. Thanks.

spungo, have you been able to find a large enough mizuno picture to try yet?

I posted a Mizuno chest protector on a previous page. I haven't found a good picture of the shinguards, however.

Thanks a bunch for all the positive comments. Glad everyone is liking the gear.

I've gone home for the summer rather than stay and try to brave the Vegas heat. So what this means is no modding or MVP baseball until August, when I return to Vegas for college. Sorry to anyone expecting big Royals updates (I know everyone will be disappointed about that one) or more catcher's gear. When I get back to the apartment, there are alot of projects that will be uploaded, including but not limited to: catcher's gear, Royals retro uniforms, Royals minor league uniforms, and more fielding gloves.

And if there are any equipment requests, go ahead and post them, as I will be eager to get back into all this when I return to my apartment.

In the meantime, here are what I'm calling "Beta Versions" of the last gear I created before I left. If you've used or plan on using these in the game, please post some screenshots so I and others can see how they look. I feel that the All-Star equipment is the finest gear I've made so far and I'd like to see how it comes across in the game.

All-Star equipment:

allstarblackblue13uf.pngallstarblackblue24dn.png

allstarblackgrey15fu.pngallstarblackgrey24qq.png

allstarredgrey15te.pngallstarredgrey23jr.png

Rawlings equipment:

rawlingsblue14be.pngrawlingsblue26uw.png

rawlingsgreen15zp.pngrawlingsgreen24tr.png

rawlingsred18ro.pngrawlingsred26gx.png

Welp, do to my extreme boredom and KC's incessant crying, I decided to install photoshop on my parent's computer so I could churn out some catcher's equipment -- behold the TPX Bionic:

12d8eb36-e58c-4be6-9aa9-22ddb22a47df.jpg

tpxblackblue19jz.pngtpxblackblue25hx.png

Now realize these are still "BETA versions," but go ahead and try them on for size and post some screenshots if you'd like, as there's no way for me to test them out myself (I didn't bring a copy of MVP with me).

I posted a Mizuno chest protector on a previous page. I haven't found a good picture of the shinguards, however.

On page 2 I posted a bigger shot of the shinguards of the Mizuno Samurai that go with that chest protector. Is that hi-res enough? It would just have to be rotated clockwise about 30 degrees or so. Look toward the bottom of the page.

Oh my God, I am so very glad that I decided to install Photoshop here on my parent's computer. I think I've done some of my finest work ever right now. I decided to make some personal gear for some of the catchers who seem to have distinctive equipment:

Mike Matheny -- Rawlings

57578748.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9

rawlingsmathenyblackorange19ti.pngrawlingsmathenyblackorange26mt.png

Jason Kendall -- Rawlings

57336396.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9

rawlingskendallgreenyellow17ar.pngrawlingskendallgreenyellow24ho.png

Jason Varitek -- All-Star

71038213.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9

allstarredblue14mg.pngallstarredblue22wq.png

Henry Blanco -- Mizuno (Although his are obviously a different color)

57558031.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9

mizunosamuraiblack15ru.pngmizunosamuraiblack21cn.png

These are just examples, I have different colors for each gear set. If there's a catcher I have missed that you'd like to see, gimme his name and I'll do his gear.

Also, I had this gear left over from last year so I re-made it into 2x, but I have no idea if any major leaguers wear this gear. Anybody out there know?

rawlingsredgrey14vt.pngrawlingsredgrey29lx.png

Anyways, I've decided to just release one big 2x equipment pack, rather than releasing them by name-brand. So what I'm asking from everyone is to help me make sure I have every starting catcher covered.

So far, I have these brands done --

Nike

All-Star

Mizuno

Rawlings

If there's a certain catcher or a kind of gear you'd like to see, let me know.

Very very nice work. I'm glad you got it too. Are you going to be releasing a pack like you did before, with various colors of these brands? The more colors combos, the better.

I haven't seen you on AIM in awhile, so I'll ask this here -- Can you supply me with some screenshots of the gear I've been posting. Just one shot of each brand, so I can make a preview pic for my release.

And tell me what my surprise is already! Get on AIM!

Archived