WIP: Busch Stadium I & II

HardcoreLegend

The name given to Busch Stadium during it's early days. This is my project, giving us a stadium to use for 68 Cards to play in, as Sportsman's wasn't it.

Anyways, I have some good photos and such, but I could really use some more. If anyone can get me some decent quality images, mostly of right field, I can have this done in the next week or so.

Edit: This is all supposed to be Busch II.

Ok, well...Actually all this work ended up going on Busch Stadium I. Busch Stadium II may be my next work, however I have no idea how to move the bullpens from behind the wall to on the field.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, do you mean you're modding Sportsman's Park when it was known as Busch Stadium, or are you modding Busch Stadium II to look like it did back in the 60s?

Here are some pics posted a few days ago in another forum:

http://mpr.siue.edu/bmw/pictures/Sportmans_Park/

And who knows, if you're changing Busch Stadium II, I might just be interested in changing the collision data to make the walls accurate for the pre-97 version, along with removing the upper deck "retired numbers" section and fixing the foul ground. Maybe, of course, not a guarantee.

Yeah, I meant Busch II. I got done rifiling over tons of photos on Sportsman and my mind hadn't caught up that I had moved on.

Well, I plan on doing two things. 1)Do all the modifications I can for the XBOX version, since that is my source. 2)I will take all the image mods that I have done and then upload them into a PC version of the Buschday.fsh.

It's at this point that I will hand it over to any PC modder that wants to use it. That's my purpose for posting it here. I plan on doing all the graphical mods, any OEdit stuff they want to do, be my guest.

Finally, can anyone help me on 'turning off' a videotron? In leftfield of the current Busch, there are ads where the original scoreboard was. In the middle of it is the video screen. I need to turn that off to make it a solid image. How is this done?

You can't turn a jumbotron off, however you can remove it. Get a jumbo.ord/orl file from any non-current stadium (or, like, Wrigley I guess), pak it into the park you're editing, and it'll get rid of the jumbotron.

As for editing the park, it's something I may do for the PC some time in the future. I'd love to relive the 1967 season myself, even if the results were negative.

• 4 months later...

Hey man-

I'd be happy to put the poll unpleasantness behind us if you want some help on Sportsman's. There isn't much that changed there (as far as I can tell) in terms of field layout or removed stands, etc. but if you need wall editing i'll be happy to help.

Well, here is the problem. I'm going to have to 'cheat' for the XBOX version. EA did some crazy image twisting with the clock that used to sit on top of the scoreboard. So I'm going to have to make a 'adjusted' version. However, I'm more than happy to turn all the graphics over to some with the PC that wants to edit it. All that needs to be done is to add a sign on the roof of a building just outside the left field wall, add a clock to a light tower in right field and to place this scoreboard correctly.

When I finish, I'll post all of the graphics and someone can have at it for the PC version.

• 1 month later...

Well, now that I'm on the PC....this is what I've accomplished. Transparency problems abound. I also have no clue how to use OEdit, but I need to play the AB symbol as seen in this photo:

sportsman86.jpg

Other than that, fix the transparencies, put a billboard on a building just outside the park and darken up the walls a bit and Voila!

Any help would be appreciated!

Ok, so I'm going back to square 1 with this. This is the list of things that need to be done.

-Press Box addition upperdeck behind homeplate

-Remove seating in dead CF, added hitters eye and shrubs

-Add Busch Bovarian sign in left CF beyond the wall

-Extend LF lightstandards down to the top of the new scoreboard

-Add new scoreboard graphic

-Add functionality to scoreboard

-Darken outfield walls

I have every graphic I need at this point, in hi-res. It just comes down to the OEditing at this point. I've been messing around with the scoreboard alittle bit.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to 'add' points in OEdit, I'm sure there has to be a way, but I haven't found it yet.

Anways, below is two pictures. The first is how far I've gotten at this point. The second is where I need to be (a photoshop rendering).

Last post of the night:

In 1953 Auggie Busch bought the Cardinals, and Sportsman's Park. He made changes to the stadium (the scoreboard I showed) and added a press box/'luxury' boxes behind homeplate.

Below is a graphic of what the stadium looked like 'post' 1953. In the middle, I threw in some filler graphics and on the sidelines I shaded in where additions need to be made. The Red is the press box, the yellow is the underset radio/tv boxes. Some of these underset boxes are the so-called luxury boxes.

So anyways, I think this lays out all the challenges I have in front of me.

The project no one cares about continues. In this latest installment, I raised the flagpole to behind the wall in center. I readjusted the billboard in left, raised the scoreboard to accurate height (may have been in last update) added the hitters eye and some temporary shrub graphics and added a Longines clock to the right field lightstandard.

I tried opening crowd.ord and crowd.orl combined into crowd.o in OEdit and it keeps telling me that it is an invalid .o file. I need to get rid of those people in dead center field.

I have to add the trees that go behind the bushes, remove the people, get rid of some buildings that have been leftover and I should be done with the outfield.

That would just leave the pressboxes above and underneath the grandstand. OH FUN!

EDIT: Treeline added. The current graphics look to cartooney, but atleast that's not something I'll have to address with OEdit!

Well, since I never could remove the people from CF, I moved on to other things. I began working on the Upper level pressbox behind homeplate. To do this, I had to move an entire building from the outfield into the infield and place it on top of the grandstand. However, this didn't work out so well.

I've been having alot of issues with graphics disappearing and reappearing. The trees in CF, when you get closer to the outfielder, disappear. With this pressbox, I can only get it to appear when I'm as far out as possible. Also, I can't get both graphics to appear at the same time for the pressbox. The building and the graphic 'front' to it only BOTH appear when I'm at the point that is featured in these photos.

If any modder has any idea why this is happening, I'd appreciate it.

Anyways, once I can figure out how to get it to stay visable, I'm going to tidy up the graphic (the people in the pressbox look like giants) and then begin working on the radio booth underneath. After that, once the crowd is gone, I'm done.

Still trying to find some vertices that stay up 100% of the time, or close to it (I'm thinking about taking down the championship banners, or making them just 1 image). Anyways, since I now had an extra batch of vertices that only worked in the outfield, I figured I'd put them to good use.

Added extra row of trees to hitters eye. Just wish I could get rid of those stupid people!

So below is what the hitter now sees (minus neon green building I was using to test locations)

Archived