WIP: Busch Stadium I & II

HardcoreLegend

I think that upperdeck box is probably going to be a lost cause. However, on an upbeat note, I've completed 85% of the radio/tv/newspaper boxes that sit just under the roof behind homeplate. I'm really coming into the homestretch here with this stadium. I really like how these boxes turned out. Ignore that graphic on top, it chose in this picture to randomly appear.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Success! I finally found some vertices that stay on all the time. The result? Press Boxes graphics in place! What is left for the pressboxes is building the side walls to make it look like an actual box.

Left to do:

Remove crowd from CF

Demolish buildings in OF

Add walls to pressbox

That's it. Brock is rounding third and heading for home.

• 1 month later...

You don't have to do anything, it automatically works.

Unless you were going for a joke my brain is clearly too slow to understand, which is a distinct possibility. Just call me Derek Bell the way my brain hits Operation Shutdown at about 10PM.

I'm gonna stop rambling here, but yeah, just replace mstadium.o and removable.o, and you will have one hell of a smile on your face.

It's really so simple, you'll be shocked. In the folder you're editing Busch in, simply switch the mstadium.ord/.orl files with the removable.ord/orl files, because mvp 05 interprets the mstadium files the exact same way as it does the 'removable' files, only the vertices will never disappear.

The file is named removable because if you look in the Create a Stadium files, everything contained within the removable file are the upgrades you purchase. However, for the regular parks, the game simply interprets removable.ord/orl as a stadium file containing many vertices and parts.

It would work the same way, I theorize, if you replace alphablend.ord/orl with the stadium file, or an alphablend from another park. In Baker Bowl, for example, the buildings in the background in left field are originally ads from the right field wall, but because I switched mstadium and removable around, they no longer disappear.

It's a tremendous advancement, and I can't believe it was that simple all along. The removable.o thread contains work that marlinsMY is working on, and it's far more complex if you just need a *ton*, like double the amount, of vertices for a project. But just switch the file names of removable and mstadium in windows explorer, pack it up in the stadium file, and voila.

edit:

heh, cool huh? Just imagine the possibilities. Kind of makes your head spin for a few seconds?

Or maybe that's just me. Still, it's tremendous.

Yeah, after I did the search I understood what you are saying. Now I kinda wish I hadn't been such a lazy you know what with some of the vertices now that I can have them anywhere.

Anyways, now that everything is on, this is what the pressbox area looks like.

Other than touching this up alittle bit (making all the edges meet) I'm done with this stadium until I decide in about 4 months to redo alot of vertices work and add the little 'bonus boxes' that were ALL OVER the stadium during this time period. Of course, that would require that extra verts.

Also, of note...I noticed that using this new method the stuttering I was experiencing is completely gone or 95% gone. I guess with everything rendered, everything is being processed at the same time, much like the XBOX (correct)?

coming along nicely how much longer you think?

For this first version? I'd say by Wednesday it'll be uploaded. I just want to get it out there now. There are little things I still want to do, like the overhang boxes, bullpen benches, the tarps and a few more plants in CF, but those will require the use of removable.o extra verts that I don't really want to mess with now.

I'm going to take a break from this one when I release the first version and maybe start on Busch Stadium II the way it looked on opening day(As shown in the Gibson photo).

Someday, I hope we figure out how to 'activate' extra options for ballparks such as making it possible to have a day and night version of Sportsman/Busch. I'd really like to work on a night version of this stadium.

Hardcore,

Can you also create this file to replace one of the spring training or non upgraded minor league (turned to a Classic Major League) parks?

This way in TC we will not lose out on 'Sportsman Park'

which has been upgraded and is an important part of TC

as well

Thanks

AlexTony

Harecore,

Thanks much. This is a terrific rendition of that glorious old ballpark. It really is like being there and reliving the '64 Series which I do often since I won $10 (which was a lot back then for a 16 year old) from my Dad when I bet him the Cards would win it all when they were still 10 games back of the pack with only 20 or so games remaining. He was playing the odds and I was playing the field so to speak - although I was a huge Cardinal fan I was also a very huge Phillies fan and their debacle somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for proving to my Dad that I did know a little about baseball in those days. Thanks again for such a beautiful piece of work that will bring me many hours of pure fun!

Take Care,

Don

I'm pretty sure you can just change the name to whatever stadium you want it to replace, correct?

so instead of spotday.big make it XXXXX.big

That's great to hear about the '64 Series. The only regret I have about the Cardinals '60s World Series' DVD is that it talks very little about their late season run.

I'm pretty sure you can just change the name to whatever stadium you want it to replace, correct?

so instead of spotday.big make it XXXXX.big

That's great to hear about the '64 Series. The only regret I have about the Cardinals '60s World Series' DVD is that it talks very little about their late season run.

grab the spotday.txt out of the datafile.big and rename it too

Quick question: If I were to take a stadium that has the bullpen on the field, and then replaced that stadiums mstadium.ord and crowd.ord with that of another stadium, would the bullpen pitchers now appear on the field where they would have without the mstadium and crowd swaps?

I'm just trying to figure out what tells the game where to put the bullpen pitchers and cameras.

Archived