WIP: Busch Stadium I & II

HardcoreLegend

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

How close is the stadium to being playable?

It is playable now. I play in it all the time. It just isn't 'polished'. There is some collision stuff that needs to be worked out and I could really used someone to fix the outfield walls (they are all wobbled) because of a screw up very early on.

But, it is certainly playable. I work on it a little each homestand.

Could I include it with the '88 mod?

I hate the way the way left field looks in the default version that came with the game.

Well, it still wouldn't be right. '88 was astroturf and the stadium was blue. It would take some graphical work to do it.

If I ever finish the 1967 version, the '88 version is REAL simple to convert to. Replace the turf graphics, change the dugout graphics and wall graphics, then change the physics to play like astroturf.

Does anyone know how to take the original wall 'coordinates' or take the data from a clean version of the stadium and input them to move the walls back to where they originally were?

find the parts that contain the wall verts. open up the original busch in OEdit and export the Rhino Points File for those parts. Open up your modded Busch and import the Rhino Points File you exported from the original

• 2 weeks later...

I re-did some graphics in the leftfield corner to put some actual fans in the 'walking' area in the outfield corners.

Not really working on it again, just tweaking it cause I got tired of looking at that stretched out 128x64 graphic I had placeholding there. Also made a 'hybrid' accurate clublevel graphic.

leftfieldcorner.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Sean, wanna help me finish this thing?

It's pretty simple what I want left to do:

- Fix the upperdeck graphics. Those have been butchered.

- Fix the walls. I've thought of a new way of fixing them, by putting the OF gates actually as part of the wall.

- Fix the foul territory.

- Update Collision.

- Add bullpens.

I love how I apparently spend so much time here that people can call me out in individual threads and expect a response. sigh.

Anyway, I really don't know how much more modding I'm going to do any more. Plus, unfortunately, EA botched Busch Stadium so mind-bogglingly much that it would be far easier to build the damn thing from scratch than deal with their modeling.

If I somehow get a wave of energy and work on it, I'll let you know. Sorry brah.

Applying ideas I had while working on Shea Stadium, I've decided to think '5th dimensionally'.

picture486.jpg

picture482.jpg

On a related note, I moved the flag pole from the roof down to the playing surface. I then went into 3dflag.ord/orl and moved all the points to match where the pole was in mstadium (X,Y,Z) but then when I loaded it into the game, it hadn't moved at all. Anyone know why?

Yeah, you don't want to move the flag that way. Go into one of the anim.csv files and move the flag that way. I think there may be some info in rolie's zmod tutorial if it's not clear from the file setup.

also, thinking in the 5th dimension = crappy pseudo-soul hippie garbage music. don't do that.

Archived