"Down in the Nest" Jays facepack - patch completed !

The_Jerk

Some good news, this project has been resurrected, and so far, I've been pleased with the early results. Now that MLB pressbox has its new pics up, I finally got something to work with for most of the guys I wanted to do last time. I've been working on these for about a week now, and I would consider these previews "half-finished." I am continually tweaking, and its mainly just headshapes I'm fixing up now, trying to get hairstyles correct, adding goggles or removing smiles. The list of faces that will be included in this patch include:

Toronto (MLB)

Bengie Molina

Greg Zaun

Lyle Overbay

Aaron Hill

Troy Glaus

Eric Hinske

Alex Rios

Roy Halladay

Ted Lilly

Casey Janssen

Francisco Rosario

Vinnie Chulk

B.J. Ryan

Syracuse Skychiefs (AAA)

Jason Phillips

Kevin Barker

Ryan Roberts

Sergio Santos

John Hattig

Rob Cosby

John-Ford Griffin

Chad Mottola

Josh Banks

Ty Taubenheim

David Purcey

Dustin McGowan

Brandon League

Shaun Marcum

Brian Tallet

Ben Weber ***

New Hamphsire Fisher Cats

Curtis Thigpen

Eric Kratz

Chip Cannon *

Vito Chiaravolotti

Carlo Cota

Adam Lind

Miguel Negron

Ismael Ramirez

Davis Romero *

Danny Hill

Jason Arnold **

Dunedin Blue Jays (A)

Robinzon Diaz

Joey Metropolous *

Ryan Patterson

Ricky Romero

Kyle Yates *

Jesse Litsch *

Danny Core

*-if a better pic is found

**-same one i previewed months ago

***-just a goggle update

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previews

bengiemolina7zx.jpgerichinske5cl.jpgcaseyjanssen3oz.jpgdustinmcgowan3wh.jpgbrandonleague0hv.jpgfranciscorosario4bk.jpgchadmottola1bt.jpgjasonphillips8uq.jpgjohnfordgriffin3yu.jpgjoshbanks2rt.jpgroyhalladay3yw.jpgryanhouston2ny.jpgryanroberts9oc.jpgtroyglaus4xh.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if anyone has comments or suggestions, or has found pictures of the guys I'm looking for, its all appreciated.

And I'll just apologize one last time for the other project, I really wanted to finish it, and based on past years I assumed the minor league affiliates would update their sites with new pics.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say not to do any of the one's Jogar is doing or has done already.. and just stick to the other prospects. Don't bother to do French, he's not a prospect he's a career minor leaguer that the Jays signed as a free agent after Tampa released him last season he's 31 and has no MLB experience

I'm not starting any new ones that jogar has already done, but I had already started them quiet awhile ago, and I figued I might as well finish them eventually and see how they turn out. As for French, I had already started him because of the huge pic I had to use. Still, he's not a top priortity.

Anyway, any suggestions for the first improvements on Arnold and Quiroz?

Also, any requests on who I should do next?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a few still, including Hill, McGowan, Frasor, and French, Rios and Gross, but none of them are finished. I was also on vacation for 2 weeks, and I couldn't work on them then. I doubt the pack will be finished anytime soon, mainly because the guys I want to do still have either no pictures available, or the ones that are out are unusable.

As of now I only have usable pics for Rosario, Ramirez, Banks and Purcey.

I though once the bulk of these guys had gotten promoted they migh get their pics updated on their respective teams sites, but none of the Blue Jays minor league teams seem to update any pictures. The Skycheifs still have not uploaded pics from their opening day roster, so I don't expect any from them. New Hamphsire has updated once I think, and none of the prospects I'm doing have usable pics on that site. Dunedin also has no pictures at all, and Lansing just has those red-shaded pixelated side portraits.

Thigpen is an outside chance, just because I have one pic of him from Texas, but like the college pics I also have for Jackson and Romero, they are small and probaby unusable. I will still attempt them, but I can't guarentee anything worth releasing.

If you could help find some from that list that maybe I haven't found yet. it would be a big help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Some good news, this project has been resurrected, and so far, I've been pleased with the early results. Now that MLB pressbox has its new pics up, I finally got something to work with for most of the guys I wanted to do last time. I've been working on these for about a week now, and I would consider these previews "half-finished." I am continually tweaking, and its mainly just headshapes I'm fixing up now, trying to get hairstyles correct, adding goggles or removing smiles. The list of faces that will be included in this patch include:

Toronto (MLB)

Bengie Molina

Greg Zaun

Lyle Overbay

Aaron Hill

Troy Glaus

Eric Hinske

Alex Rios

Roy Halladay

Ted Lilly

Casey Janssen

Francisco Rosario

Vinnie Chulk

B.J. Ryan

Syracuse Skychiefs (AAA)

Jason Phillips

Kevin Barker

Ryan Roberts

Sergio Santos

John Hattig

Rob Cosby

John-Ford Griffin

Chad Mottola

Josh Banks

Ty Taubenheim

David Purcey

Dustin McGowan

Brandon League

Shaun Marcum

Brian Tallet

Ben Weber ***

New Hamphsire Fisher Cats

Curtis Thigpen

Eric Kratz

Chip Cannon *

Vito Chiaravolotti

Carlo Cota

Adam Lind

Miguel Negron

Ismael Ramirez

Davis Romero *

Danny Hill

Jason Arnold **

Dunedin Blue Jays (A)

Robinzon Diaz

Joey Metropolous *

Ryan Patterson

Ricky Romero

Kyle Yates *

Jesse Litsch *

Danny Core

*-if a better pic is found

**-same one i previewed months ago

***-just a goggle update

Previews

bengiemolina7zx.jpgerichinske5cl.jpgcaseyjanssen3oz.jpgdustinmcgowan3wh.jpgbrandonleague0hv.jpgfranciscorosario4bk.jpgchadmottola1bt.jpgjasonphillips8uq.jpgjohnfordgriffin3yu.jpgjoshbanks2rt.jpgroyhalladay3yw.jpgryanhouston2ny.jpgryanroberts9oc.jpgtroyglaus4xh.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if anyone has comments or suggestions, or has found pictures of the guys I'm looking for, its all appreciated.

And I'll just apologize one last time for the other project, I really wanted to finish it, and based on past years I assumed the minor league affiliates would update their sites with new pics.

Well I had some probelsm with my models.big file and I didn't get the new ones updated when I wanted to, but I think they're all in now, and I'm just starting to make the new previews, there will probably be about 35 this time.

AS per your question, the faces for the players who already have faces in your dynasty will be updated, but for the new ones (guys like Taubenheim, Mottola, Cosby, etc..) would still have their generic face, unless you update their face IDs in MVPedit and install a new roster. So you would have to start a new dynasty. That's actually why I started this now, becuase I just finished my last dynasty and wanted more faces. for a new one.

The faces IDs I used were from players who are out of baseball now (Sosa, Leiter, Kevin Brown, Mo Vaughn) or from players who if you were doing a Blue Jays dynasty you wouldnbt care if they didnt have one.

Archived