Peter Bernard "SAVE THE FORGOTTEN FACES" Foundation

peterbernard

OK-I'm just an observer of this ridiculous conversation. I'm a kid at heart who grew up in the sixties and love to re-live ,however possible , the era of my youth. Instead of playing stratomatic I found this site and realized what I have been missing. The mods of faces,stadiums,uniforms, and players have given me great enjoyment and relaxation from the stresses of this world. Right now you guys are stressing me out. I appreciate all your hard work-all of you guys-I'm just a lowly school teacher with very little computer skills-so I am in awe and have admiration for all of you guys-you are all talented in different ways-can we leave it at that. I have contributed monetarily to this site and to you directly fuzz-remember I am a school teacher and make very little compared to other professionals with Masters degrees-So when I chose to do that it was due to my great appreciation for all the difficult work you guys do to make this an enjoyable HOBBY for me. Notice I capped hobby-that's what it is guys just a game-let's not lose are cool over a game. That's all I have to say

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you see, im the spokesperson for about 30-40 other people who feel exactly the same way as i do about you.

and you can play the good guy / bad guy modder all you want -- but your attitude speaks for itself and i want you to understand, that you can release every cyberface from 1955 to now, and no one will ever appreciate you or respect you because you are in fact the only self centered bag of human guzzle on this website.

sort of the way things are in the real world for you? Yeah, i checked you out peter.

now im done.

"no one will ever appreciate you or respect you"

That's like Carrie! "They're all gonna make fun of you!" Too funny. That used to be a catch phrase in local public access in the mid-90's. Everyone has to get over that fear early on in any kind of show biz or even the outskirts thereof.

but life doesn't work like that-- people respect you for reasons that have nothing to do with anything, and they disrespect you for the same.

"sort of the way things are in the real world for you? Yeah, i checked you out peter."

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. There's no door on my closet, all my skeletons are exposed to the air. Like I've written before, i even have a right-wing smear site against me, and the author of it is the subject of the next Harve Pekar book. I've been smeared by pros and it had zero effect on my life. It just makes girls think I'm "dangerous."

Look, you can't scare me, Fuzz, by insinuating you're spying on me or whatever. I'm sure you're trying to scare me away before I release my cyberface pack/roster so you won't have competition or something. That's silly, it's not competition. And as you say, my stuff gets fewer downloads than other people's stuff. So what do you care? Let me make my faces for the 16 downloaders who like them.

Enough Swift Boat veterans crap, I'm not running for President. I only want to write about the new cyberfaces, so please calm down and stop graffitti-ing all over my thread, thanks.

Ok, I just logged on.

Here's how we are going to resolve this: Peter Bernard will post his stuff in this thread here that he started. It will have all the information of his cyberfaces and what ones are ready for download and what he's working on, etc, etc. He'll field questions about this right here in this thread only.

For all of you that do not agree with how he does things or if you are not happy with him for one reason or another, please don't post in here. That really goes for anyone that has a bone to pick with him. He'll stay in this thread and you all can go anywhere else.

OK-I'm just an observer of this ridiculous conversation. I'm a kid at heart who grew up in the sixties and love to re-live ,however possible , the era of my youth. Instead of playing stratomatic I found this site and realized what I have been missing. The mods of faces,stadiums,uniforms, and players have given me great enjoyment and relaxation from the stresses of this world. Right now you guys are stressing me out. I appreciate all your hard work-all of you guys-I'm just a lowly school teacher with very little computer skills-so I am in awe and have admiration for all of you guys-you are all talented in different ways-can we leave it at that. I have contributed monetarily to this site and to you directly fuzz-remember I am a school teacher and make very little compared to other professionals with Masters degrees-So when I chose to do that it was due to my great appreciation for all the difficult work you guys do to make this an enjoyable HOBBY for me. Notice I capped hobby-that's what it is guys just a game-let's not lose are cool over a game. That's all I have to say

first, to whomever is playing devil's advocate as john doe, accepting pay is not selling out. I don't view the faces as hack work, I view them as a hobby that I briefly made a little money on, sort of like knitting or crocheting. It's alot of work but I enjoy it when the faces work and I enjoy using them in the game. It gives me a thrill to see Munson in the game, for instance. Da Vinci got paid to paint the Mona Lisa, it's not the pay that makes one a sellout. I can't define every term for you, this isn't the Clinton impeachment trial. "That depends on what the definition of 'is' is." Anyway, you've established that you don't like me. We get the point.

YES, 11215, I had Strat-O-matic TOO! I remember i inherited a copy from the 60's from someone, I forget who. Then I got a new one in the 70's because my motehr wanted to throw out the old one. But it had different players in it, so I wanted to keep both. She let me consolidate the cards, but the old box still had to go. We used to play it endlessley on rainy or snowy days. back then I used to dream of having a version of the game where you could see footage of the players actually getting hits. When computers came along, I wondered if it could come true. This is pretty close to having it come true, I really like this year's version of the game best in most ways.

One thing I haven't seen anyone write about is the way you can change stadiums every inning if you want to! and you can change the wind direction! You can make it blow 30 mph out to center if your hitting needs a pick me up or 30 mph toward home plate if your pitcher has been giving up too many homers. really a miraculous little achievement, if you think about it in terms of how far it's come from strat-O-matic.

Ok, I just logged on.

Here's how we are going to resolve this: Peter Bernard will post his stuff in this thread here that he started. It will have all the information of his cyberfaces and what ones are ready for download and what he's working on, etc, etc. He'll field questions about this right here in this thread only.

For all of you that do not agree with how he does things or if you are not happy with him for one reason or another, please don't post in here. That really goes for anyone that has a bone to pick with him. He'll stay in this thread and you all can go anywhere else.

Thanks, Y4L.

People can always send me hate mail at planetarybrotherhood@yahoo.com, I don't want anyone's free speech rights to get stifled.

re: Faces: I finally realized that the mesh I made the last Pete Rose face over was 69 Yanks' mesh!!! Duh! It was hiding in plain sight. So I might have a Rose face done soon, with any luck.

This is what is lacking in Strat-O-Matic-everything that you mentioned-What is lacking in this game is you cant replay individual season like you can in Strat-O-matic. So I cant replay the '64 season etc. if we could combine both the good things from both games we would have something. Have you played the computer version of the Strat-O-Matic-it is fun but lacks the game realism of this game.

first, to whomever is playing devil's advocate as john doe, accepting pay is not selling out. I don't view the faces as hack work, I view them as a hobby that I briefly made a little money on, sort of like knitting or crocheting. It's alot of work but I enjoy it when the faces work and I enjoy using them in the game. It gives me a thrill to see Munson in the game, for instance. Da Vinci got paid to paint the Mona Lisa, it's not the pay that makes one a sellout. I can't define every term for you, this isn't the Clinton impeachment trial. "That depends on what the definition of 'is' is." Anyway, you've established that you don't like me. We get the point.

Thank you, you've made a nice and well thought out response. I think my good frind Peter Bernard could learn from you. The thing is by comparing it to Da Vinci you are saying that you are a professional like Da Vinci and you depend on this money to live and live well. I think could be seen as selling out, if this site is actually a place where fans can try things and have fun in their free time to make little changes to a game. That isn't how Peter sees it, he sees that he is owed something for the things he does, it isn't a hobby as much as a chore that he would like to be rewarded for.

This is what is lacking in Strat-O-Matic-everything that you mentioned-What is lacking in this game is you cant replay individual season like you can in Strat-O-matic. So I cant replay the '64 season etc. if we could combine both the good things from both games we would have something. Have you played the computer version of the Strat-O-Matic-it is fun but lacks the game realism of this game.

Well, you COULD replay a whole season if you programmed in all the rosters yourself, but it would take some time. And if you uploaded it, probably only a few people would download it. It would need to be a labor of love. The 1978 season would be fun to replay, Yanks vs. boston to the last day.

I haven't played Strat-o-Matic computer game, but I've played Baseball Mogul, which has similarities. I like that they tried to work some of the general manager qualities of Mogul into the Owner moder this year, even if it's not perfect. Mogul can start playing at any year and extrapolate from there. For instance, you can start in 1978 and ban Munson from using his plane to find out if the Yanks would have won any more World Series from 79-on if he had lived.

if civilization survives, I bet someday it's a virtual reality thing, you have to negotiate in 3D with the virtual-players and their virtual-agents, you watch the virtual-game from the virtual-owner's box, you laugh at virtual-Giuliani's old jokes, you get whacked in the head with a virtual foul ball.

EDIT: The schedules of course are very different today, as well as the divisions. I gues to replay the whle season, you'd need to play it in exhibition mode and keep your own stats?

It's so funny, I do all this work and then Jogar will call Bbfans' practice faces the greatest face in history. AlexTony called a really frightening DiMaggio practice face 'the best so far,' when even my worst was better than that. If I put out any of my DiMaggio faces, can you IMAGINE the whining from the little girls???

"OH PETER! THE EARS ARE TOO BIG! OH PETER! IT LOOKS LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON! OH PETER! WHY IS IT NOT PHOTOREALISTIC LIKE YOUR WILLIE MAYS THAT WE UNDERVALUE YET COMPARE ALL YOUR OTHER FACES TO?" etc.etc.

But from someone else, it's genius. Talk about a double standard. I know they want me to leave so it can go back to being amateur hour here but I have a few more things to do before I go and I'm going to take my time about it.

I want them to hate me so much that they refuse to use my faces and download some sick cartoon garbage instead and tell themselves over and over, "at least I didn't let Peter Bernard win!!!"

Hee hee hee

Pearls before swine (grunt grunt)

*plays the world's smallest violin*

It would be alot of work especially with my limited computer knowledge. You are probably right about the future-what would be cool is to become one of the greats yourself-maybe become a virtual Mantle or Maris and really feel the bat on the ball. Or become Koufax and feel the joy of striking out 15 batters in the world series. The '78 season would be great to replay as well I agree. With Munson in '79 maybe they would have won the division

Well Munson was playing with a broken hand in 78 and 79, but I think he would have come back with 100 rbis in 1980. The broken hand thing only came out after he died, other players would have taken time off to get the hand fixed. People say he shouldn't be in the hall because his stats dropped the last year and a half, but if you know WHY, it sort of makes him MORE Hall-worthy in my opinion.

EDIT: If you can get MVPEdit working on your machine, it's pretty easy to do rosters, it's just very time-consuming. The Lahman database downloads fast though, that helps. There are a few sites with all-time stats, my personal favorite is baseball almanac because they also sometimes have anecdotal info that I can use.

EDIT EDIT; I'm biting my tongue, I'm not saying anything, I'm not getting involved, I'm ignoring. That's my new mantra. I think I'll listen to Eckhart Tolle telling me to "live in the now" on tape tonight, haha. Or else that "Four Agreements" guy, I need self-help therapy after today!!! Ha. This girl that used to be on my show told me that people hate me because I'm talented. That made no sense to me, so she said, "Well, half the people hate Madonna and half love her. That just means she's talented, that's all." I said, "You really think Madonna is talented?" But I got her point. and no, I'm not comparing myself to Madonna now.

He should be in the hall-as should Rose-I know many disagree-but the numbers are what are important. I forgive and forget. I guess all of us would just love to relive the past-I play in an over 40 baseball league and was able to bat against Jeff Montgomery and Danny Jackson-2 former pitchers that love to still play the game-so I got to hit against them and somewhat dream. Montgomery stuck me out with a hard slider-I fouled off 5 pitches against Jackson before hitting a fastball up the middle for a hit. My next time I lined his first pitch for a hit off the third sackers glove-after the game he shook my hand and said "nice hit"-so for a few brief moments I thought I was in the major leagues-of course Jackson is not able to throw like he did when He won a world series game with the Royals and 20 games with the Phillies. Montgomery still throws in the upper 80's to around 90-why I struck out.

He should be in the hall-as should Rose-I know many disagree-but the numbers are what are important. I forgive and forget. I guess all of us would just love to relive the past-I play in an over 40 baseball league and was able to bat against Jeff Montgomery and Danny Jackson-2 former pitchers that love to still play the game-so I got to hit against them and somewhat dream. Montgomery stuck me out with a hard slider-I fouled off 5 pitches against Jackson before hitting a fastball up the middle for a hit. My next time I lined his first pitch for a hit off the third sackers glove-after the game he shook my hand and said "nice hit"-so for a few brief moments I thought I was in the major leagues-of course Jackson is not able to throw like he did when He won a world series game with the Royals and 20 games with the Phillies. Montgomery still throws in the upper 80's to around 90-why I struck out.

That's awesome! That's a cool story. I know Graig Nettles used to play in those leagues. I wouldn't bother, I'm so bad at any sport. The closest I come to sports is that I'm a pretty good whiffle ball pitcher1 haha. I have several sinkers, a riser, and a trick pitch that I use for strikeouts.

BTW I don't know if anyone heard over the hubbub, but I released another cyberface today. I expect it to get downloaded by at least 5 or 6 people in it's first month:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...rface%20REVISED

mays2adlarge.jpg

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...rface%20REVISED

I just wanted to rerun that since I think it's 27 pages back by now.

Wow, I can't believe I read all that...Peter, you sure are entertaining. :wtg:

hey do you still want those faces you requested? I've only got another day or two before I have to move to this other project so it's now or else more waiting. Who did you want again? I have to see if I still have your old email. Who wanted Lance Parrish? Somebody wanted Lance Parrish at some point, I think he might be doable.

I FINALLY got a scanner working with the new computer parts, planning to rescan much of this "Face of Baseball" book I got to make cyberfaces from.

Mike Schmidt and Pete Rose, but I think you finished Pete, right? What I would love to see really is some more monster faces. Monkey Mantle is still the best face ever! But I would trade in all those faces and praise your skills forever if you made a kick *** Bob Uecker! I even have super HQ scans of his baseball cards if you think its possible... http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/142/17/uecker.jpg

JG: OK I'll try Uecker, but isn't Schmidt in the game? He has short hair, but his face looks pretty close, doesn't it? We should ask 69 Yanks if he can mod the mesh to give him longer hair maybe, I can't mod meshes. Or maybe I can on this new computer, I couldn't on the old one. I'll try to find time to play with oedit.

Monster faces I hope to do by halloween, or around World Series time. Every time I mess up I try to save it, but I lost a bunch of monster faces in the past month. I want to do some Universal classic monsters and Freddy Krueger too-- JASON with the Hockey mask would be a real challenge. Dracula should be doable -- the athletic Dracula-- he only plays night games.

I love wiffle ball-wish I had someone to play with around here-I love your faces Peter-the only one I didnt like was Maris-oops I'm starting something again-forget I said that;-)

I did try him on that other face mesh, The trouble is the only face I've found so far wide enough has ears that are too big. if I could edit in oedit, I would have him done by now, but still people would probably pick on it because it's the fashion, haha.

Yeah I don't play wiffle ball in Manhattan, the kids on my block play stickball but with real baseball bats.

Oh man I don't know if anyone playing today has a nose as long as Bob Uecker!!!! The only front shots I can find are from his broadcasting days, but I think it's doable. His nose will be smaller though unless I learn how to do the oedit thing, or if I can edit it in 3dsmax7 maybe?

I'm looking through the "Face of Baseball" book, and I'm going to list names of guys that might be doable from this book. If you want to make requests for anyone on the list, please just write it here or im or e-mail me. if you'd like a scan of a face to try to make it yourself, e-mail me. If I'm listing it here, then it's pretty much a 100% front shot, the most desirable for face modding, and it's large enough to get a big scan of it with a ton of detail if my scanner keeps working for a while. shots are from the 1980's. OK here goes:

Orel Hershiser

Ozzie Smith

Mike Boddicker

Keith Hernandez (in progress)

Fernando Valenzuela (he shares my birthday)

Lenny Dykstra

darryl Strawberry

Garry Templeton

Larry Bowa

dave winfield slightly from above

Mike Greenwell

Lou Whitaker

Paul Molitor

Mike easler

Dwight Evans (in progress)

Lou Piniella either late player or early manager

Sparky Anderson late

Andre dawson

Yogi Berra coach later wire glasses

Steve garvey in progress

Willie randolph player in progress

Dave Stewart

Andre thornton

Don Sutton

kirby Puckett

Clemens young

Tony Gwynn slight side shot

Bill Buckner in progress

Dave Smith

Bert Blyleven

Vida Blue balding smiling

Tim Raines

kent Tekulve missing chin

Juan Samuel

Dwight Gooden looking bemused

Fred Lynn smiling slightly with eye black

Oil Can Boyd

Dennis martinez a little dark

Julio franco

Yount

Mike schmidt with short hair! And a small moustache

Pete Rose looking insane--I'm using this one

Al Holland

Phil Neikro with white hair

Tony Perez

Bob Boone

Will Clark young -- a little dark

Lance Parrish (in progress)

Kent Hrbek

Eric davis

Goose Gossage later with padres

Ken Singleton

Jim rice later player

Tom Seaver later

dave Parker big full face

Jack morris maybe

wally Joyner maybe

Ryne Sandberg (in progress)

Alfredo Griffin

Boggs big moustache

mcGwire clean shaven young

Ripken Jr dark

That's it-- some others but I don't think they'd work for cyberfaces.

Archived