Peter Bernard "SAVE THE FORGOTTEN FACES" Foundation

peterbernard

I'm only interested in discussing stuff related to old-time baseball cyberfaces or else sci fi cyberfaces here. I'm just going to ignore hecklers. People wanting to discuss other issues can e-mail me privately or IM me.

NOW you are. You weren't when you were in here talking to yourself and heckling people from other threads.

But, if your willing to stop the back and forth nonsense, so be it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peterbernard, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the work you have done and that you share it with others. Perfect or not, your cyberfaces are very good, and they certainly make playing the game a lot more fun.

Thanks Jscand. Thanks also to the others who would like to move on.

mays2adlarge.jpg

I'm going to upload this now. As I mentioned elsewhere, all my work from May on got lost in the last computer crash, so it will probably be a few days before I get more faces up. I'm going to put them out either one at a time or in small packs for now, then I'll put out one big pack with my roster game in it. Oh I figured out what was wrong w/Uncle Mo's old-time roster, it has too many players on some minor league teams. I fixed it in mvp edit. I'll be completely redoing the aaa and free agents to add some personal flavor to my eventual release.

I'm most bummed that I lost the latest Rizzuto because I thought it finally looked like him.

No offense, but not only did you put someone's work down, you put the people down down as well. I think you should consider apologizing and forgiving those that you feel are wronging you/have wronged you. And others should stop getting on your case and forgive you...

You wrote:

"my worst was better than that."-putting work down.

You also wrote " If I put out any of my DiMaggio faces, can you IMAGINE the whining from the little girls??? "-Put the people down

You continued to write "OH PETER! THE EARS ARE TOO BIG! OH PETER! IT LOOKS LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON! OH PETER! WHY IS IT NOT PHOTOREALISTIC LIKE YOUR WILLIE MAYS THAT WE UNDERVALUE YET COMPARE ALL YOUR OTHER FACES TO?" etc.etc.

But from someone else, it's genius. Talk about a double standard. I know they want me to leave so it can go back to being amateur hour here"-Put others down by calling them amateurs.

Just examples that you did not catch.

this dude is a hypocrite. good thing he doesnt know about that thread where we've been talkng about him since yesterday.

NOW you are. You weren't when you were in here talking to yourself and heckling people from other threads.

But, if your willing to stop the back and forth nonsense, so be it.

he's a cupcake bro but his tony olivia cyberface is getting downloaded more times than Cindy Margolis wallpaper. i think its had 16000 downloads.

he's a cupcake bro but his tony olivia cyberface is getting downloaded more times than Cindy Margolis wallpaper. i think its had 16000 downloads.

"I SAID:

FOUR LEGS GOOD! TWO LEGS BAD!

FOUR LEGS STILL GOOD!!!!!!!!!

TWO LEGS STILL BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!" ~~Fuzzykins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...and so Andy continued to stare into the camera blankly, in his "Foreign Man" character popularized as "Latka" on the sitcom "Taxi."

"No, I am serious, I really spent all of de money dey gave me to make de special. All I had left was enough to get dis one camera, and dis chair. Heh."

The studio audience grew restless. Andy just kept sitting there.

"Really, dere are no guests, no NOTHING. You might as well change de channel. You will tune back in twenty minutes, I'll still be sitting here in de chair."

A small laugh from the audience, who continue to shift in their seats. After a very long pause, Andy leans into the camera and says, "Okay, I think we lost our audience. I'm pretty sure the only people left watching now are my friends. Now we can start the real show! You're gonna love it!"

That's the best thing about this dude -- u dont actually have to understand what he writes. He's just sitting there laughing up a storm thinking it's the funniest thing in the world.

maybe that's why he can't cut in the real world as a writer. He's the only one that likes his stuff.

this dude is a hypocrite. good thing he doesnt know about that thread where we've been talkng about him since yesterday.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

See? We can have mature conversation here.

re: Downloads-- Yeah I released a TONY OLIVA (not Olivia) face expecting to get alot of downloads because I needed something to justify my manhood with. If I wanted big downloads, I wouldn't be doing old-time and fantasy stuff. I'm trying to serve a niche audience and you know that Fuzz. So is your argument REALLY that people shouldn't release old-time baseball mods unless they're going to get alot of downloads? So the 16 people who want a good Tony Oliva face should drop dead, I should only want big download numbers???

First I'm a "mercenary," then I'm to be attacked for not releasing big name modern players?? My audience is mostly older guys and some kids who have respect for the game's history, I realize that's only a percentage of the overall audience drawn to this site. When I'm not getting paid, I'm narrowcasting for myself and the few others who want the specialized kind of thing I'm making. And the Tony Oliva face is a revision, it's not even a new face. How many downloads were YOU thinking it would get, Fuzz? Because 16 sounds like it was worth it for me to upload.

I thought you felt the same way, and had the same respect for your audience, Fuzz, so I don't know what about me you should find threatening. Go talk about me or whatever, I bear no malice toward you and wish you good luck.

you see, im the spokesperson for about 30-40 other people who feel exactly the same way as i do about you.

and you can play the good guy / bad guy modder all you want -- but your attitude speaks for itself and i want you to understand, that you can release every cyberface from 1955 to now, and no one will ever appreciate you or respect you because you are in fact the only self centered bag of human guzzle on this website.

sort of the way things are in the real world for you? Yeah, i checked you out peter.

now im done.

That's the best thing about this dude -- u dont actually have to understand what he writes. He's just sitting there laughing up a storm thinking it's the funniest thing in the world.

maybe that's why he can't cut in the real world as a writer. He's the only one that likes his stuff.

Hmm... well, I've co-written with an Emmy-Award-winning comedy writer who won his emmy on the Letterman show, I've co-written with Chris Phillips who also co-wrote Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer" tour in the 90's, I co-wrote/directed/animated a 5-minute in-house comedy short for Readers Digest 2 months ago, I spent three weeks creating the look of this most difficult part of the next David Foster Wallace book last month. I write, draw, do Quark, do web sites, animation, video work, and when I'm not doing that, I make faces for this site so you can call me names, Fuzz.

And even if I were a homeless man writing this from a library, what would that matter? Why am I supposed to post my resume or prove myself in any way other than with the work I do here? Do I ask you what school you go to Fuzz? No and I don't care. Yankee4Life told me to let my work do the talking, so go on adn on all you like Fuzz, I'll just post the faces and you can criticize how many downloads they get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the other person who never read "Animal Farm," why not read "Animal Farm" by George Orwell? Or you can rent the cartoon version, it's worth knowing about, an excellent book.You'll get what I'm saying then, and you'll get ALOT of things then, about the world in general.A highly recommended classic!

Hmm... well, I've co-written with an Emmy-Award-winning comedy writer who won his emmy on the Letterman show, I've co-written with Chris Phillips who also co-wrote Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer" tour in the 90's, I co-wrote/directed/animated a 5-minute in-house comedy short for Readers Digest 2 months ago, I spent three weeks creating the look of this most difficult part of the next David Foster Wallace book last month. I write, draw, do Quark, do web sites, animation, video work, and when I'm not doing that, I make faces for this site so you can call me names, Fuzz.

And even if I were a homeless man writing this from a library, what would that matter? Why am I supposed to post my resume or prove myself in any way other than with the work I do here? Do I ask you what school you go to Fuzz? No and I don't care. Yankee4Life told me to let my work do the talking, so go on adn on all you like Fuzz, I'll just post the faces and you can criticize how many downloads they get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the other person who never read "Animal Farm," why not read "Animal Farm" by George Orwell? Or you can rent the cartoon version, it's worth knowing about, an excellent book.You'll get what I'm saying then, and you'll get ALOT of things then, about the world in general.A highly recommended classic!

Who gives a **** until you start to respect others work

"Hmm... well, I've co-written with an Emmy-Award-winning comedy writer who won his emmy on the Letterman show, I've co-written with Chris Phillips who also co-wrote Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer" tour in the 90's, I co-wrote/directed/animated a 5-minute in-house comedy short for Readers Digest 2 months ago, I spent three weeks creating the look of this most difficult part of the next David Foster Wallace book last month. "

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........

Amen to that. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Yeah "John Doe" obviously represents 30-40 people too.

I'm so upset, Fuzz. You're so big and scarey and manly.

Like I said, PBS chimpanzee specials.

George Orwell "Animal Farm."

Okay, I've been nice before. I said I retired from the Total Classics thing because I couldn't make their schedule. I didn't want to have any more fighting with those guys. But the truth is, as I told Yankee4Life this morning, I feel they behave like bullies. I think Fuzz and John Doe here underline my point. I don't like cliques who bully people or try to act more important than other people. I stand up to that kind of thing.

Fuzz, keep coming into my thread to try to bully me, you don't scare me. You just make yourself look like a bully, more and more.

Yankee4Life wants me to just do my cyberfaces, so leave me alone and let me.

Leave the world alone. Stop posting cr@p and people won't call you out. I don't get this conspiracy you see happening everywhere, it's a damn computer screen not high school, so stop recalling your childhood and enjoy the game. :wtg:

"Hmm... well, I've co-written with an Emmy-Award-winning comedy writer who won his emmy on the Letterman show, I've co-written with Chris Phillips who also co-wrote Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer" tour in the 90's, I co-wrote/directed/animated a 5-minute in-house comedy short for Readers Digest 2 months ago, I spent three weeks creating the look of this most difficult part of the next David Foster Wallace book last month. "

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........

Yeah. Right. Which part of that are you questioning? I've also done a poster for Joey Ramone in 1989, for a solo show he did with Stiv Bators and Dee Dee and Johnny and a million others. I developed cartoon ideas in the early 90's at Jumbo Pictures with John Beach from the www.voiceguy.org site, which I still do. That was before Jumbo was bought out by Disney. I developed cartoon ideas with Linda Simensky at Nickelodeon before she did power Puff Girls and those other shows at Cartoon Network. My hobby is a local public access show that was the first place Bex from VH1 appeared on TV, and also the Upright Citizens Brigade. Amy from the UCB is one of the newsladies on SNL now.

the David Foster Wallace book is what I was working on last month. I also did the photo layout sectrions of the forthcoming Beatles book and this football book, I think it was called, "Next Man Over" or something, "Next Man Up?" Something like that. I do all kinds of different kinds of work, a though any of this mattered to the face-making.

And why do you doubt me?

Leave the world alone. Stop posting cr@p and people won't call you out. I don't get this conspiracy you see happening everywhere, it's a damn computer screen not high school, so stop recalling your childhood and enjoy the game. :wtg:

The reason I make old-time baseball faces is because I'm remembering my childhood. What's bad about remembering your childhood? It's difficult to parse your message.

Fuzz claims to be representing lots more people, then you say I'm talking about conspiracy theories? Isn't saying he represents alot of people out to get me announcing a public conspiracy against someone?

I've read a number of people say they appreciate my faces. I don't think they're crap and if you don't like them, that's fine. Nobody is forcing you to download them. Are you actually saying you have a right to be angry at me because you don't like my cyberfaces? If so, I would take issue with such a concept.

If you don't like me, just don't read this thread. If you don't want to download my faces for any reason, then don't. What's the difference? It's nothing to get upset about.

Fine, if all that is true, than why is it nessasary for you to tell us? Why does it matter? Why did you call upon yourself to divulge how truely special you are? I think you're trying to prove yourself to the world, by pulling your qualifications out of your ***, you're not applying for a job...

I'll be happy if you (if I may quote the great coach Bear Bryant) would just "Shut up and push!"

Yeah that's good, that's just great. Fuzz says I'm a failure, forcing me to give out half my resume and what I've been doing lately. Then I get criticized for establishing my own identity. It's a catch-22. John Doe writes like Danny Hellman. Other than the football references. EDIT: Oh no wait, SHE writes like that skinny redhead that's so obsessed over me and idolizes aileen Wuornos. she used to date pro wrestlers, she probably knows something about football too. Haha, talk about paranoia.

Who gives a [naughty word] until you start to respect others work

Whose work don't I respect? I respect the work of anyone who isn't a hack or sellout. Do I have to respect the artists YOU respect or am I allowed freedom to retain my own tastes?

If you're saying I disrespected someone's work here, I would disagree with you. I have yet to hear someone write that I disrespected THEM, and if they did, I would deal with it one-on-one. None of the face-makers were insulted by me over their work, and none of them have written to me to complain about what I wrote. Only other people are complaining ON BEHALF of the artists in question.

Now that you know I didn't insult any of the artists, you don't have to be offended on behalf of them anymore.

However, if I DID disrespect an artist, that would be my right.

Archived