xiberger

Do you want a Crowd Changer?  

45 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Hi, guys!

I'm not sure if this mod is necessary or not, but I kinda like the idea:

I want to create a mod that changes the crowds in the different stadiums. At first, I tried to let the fans wear the colors of their team, but then Pirate told me that this actually only happens in Busch Stadium. That's why I figured that changing the stuff the audience is wearing would be ok, as long as I don't color the fans too much...

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, here are some preview pics from my first modded stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim:

mvp200520050828103728470nm.th.jpg mvp200520050828103836148pu.th.jpg mvp200520050828104017930km.th.jpg

Please let me know whether it's worth to work on a mod like this. Thank you!

xiberger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm begging you to do this. Not just for one team though. Also, I heard from biker_jim_uk that you can change the crowd of the guys that jump up and wave their hands. They are ugly. I'd like it if you did them as well. THANKS.

You know what else would be cool? How about if you put realistic pictures of celebrities in the crows? It would be cool to see Billy Crystal sitting behind home plate at Yankee Stadium. And why not put owners, and GMs, so we can see George Steinbrenner going crazy when the Yankees loose. And how about if you put old baseball players, so when we look to see who caught a foul ball, it was Yogi Berra, or someone like that. That would be cool, but it would be a lot of hard work. If you could put out a mod that could change the crowd, even if it wasn't like what I described above, I'd worship you. :hail:

Thank you all for your responses. Here's an update regarding this project:

Are u gonna do it?

Yes, I'm gonna do it. All 30 MLB teams are gonna get stadium specific fans wearing jerseys, caps, and team t-shirts. However, this is my first mod, and I don't think I'm as talented as other modders around here. Anyway, I'll give it a try and I hope you'll like it!

You know what else would be cool? How about if you put realistic pictures of celebrities in the crows? It would be cool to see Billy Crystal sitting behind home plate at Yankee Stadium. And why not put owners, and GMs, so we can see George Steinbrenner going crazy when the Yankees loose. And how about if you put old baseball players, so when we look to see who caught a foul ball, it was Yogi Berra, or someone like that.

Also, is there a way to change those creepy looking faces on some fans. The guy in the sunglasses is creepin me out.

Also, I heard from biker_jim_uk that you can change the crowd of the guys that jump up and wave their hands. They are ugly. I'd like it if you did them as well.

The faces of the fans, both the 2d and 3d, are editable and can be customized. However, I don't really have that much time to put into this project, so please don't expect celebrity crowds or legendary players among the audience. Sorry...

Maybe I will work on customized faces in a future update, but as of now I have barely time for the stuff I'm working on right now.

xiberger

Say, I wonder if the upper deck at shea could be a little more filled? Last year it really sucked because there was not one person up there! Its better this year...at least there are a few folks up there. Thanks for the mod anyway should you do this. this would help the stadiums out there if it is compatible with them.

that's not always true that they only wear the home colors. of course, not all of the fans will be a lot of people will wear hats of the home team or jerseys. and then in other cases, such as the yankees, regardless where you are a lot of people wear their jerseys/hats when they play there

that's not always true that they only wear the home colors. of course, not all of the fans will be a lot of people will wear hats of the home team or jerseys. and then in other cases, such as the yankees, regardless where you are a lot of people wear their jerseys/hats when they play there

Yes, that's what Pirate told me. Therefore, I have decided to not color all the fans (eight 2d and eight 3d), but only 4-5 2d fans and 1-2 (maybe more, as I haven't touched these too much yet) 3d fans. That should result in a nice mix of "hardcore fans" and the regular crowd.

btw, The Big O has given me permission to include his amazing Fenway crowd in my set. I'm also trying to get in touch with stefreco, since the audience he created for his Busch Stadium release it absolutely stunning.

Ok, here are some previews of stadiums I've already completed:

First, it's Cincinnati's Great Amercian Ball Park. Notice the difference in day and night time crowd:

mvp200520050829222820820sp.th.jpg mvp200520050829223043046gr.th.jpg

I've also completed Minute Maid Park, again both day and night:

mvp200520050829223303585tc.th.jpg mvp200520050829223409366nl.th.jpg

Finally, here's a look at Jacobs Field. I made both day and night, but since at night the crowd is in the dark, I only made a screenshot from the day version:

mvp200520050829224001883wj.th.jpg

Please tell me what you think about these stadiums!

Good work so far! However, let me give you some advice: Way too many people in the crows are wearing team colors, or shirts. Try to cut down on that just a little, and it'll be perfect. Also, sometimes at games, people wear team clothes for teams that aren't even playing. For example, at a Yankees vs. A's game, some people I saw were wearing Blue Jays shirts, so maybe add 3 or 4 people in the stands that are wearing team clothes for different teams. Again, great work, and keep it up! :wtg:

Good work so far! However, let me give you some advice: Way too many people in the crows are wearing team colors, or shirts. Try to cut down on that just a little, and it'll be perfect. Also, sometimes at games, people wear team clothes for teams that aren't even playing. For example, at a Yankees vs. A's game, some people I saw were wearing Blue Jays shirts, so maybe add 3 or 4 people in the stands that are wearing team clothes for different teams. Again, great work, and keep it up! :wtg:

That is why i don't think this is a nessasary update. Very few MLB crowds have a fan base that supports the team by wearing the team colors. I have attended games at 14 different MLB parks and only Busch has fans that wear all red or any team color. Here in Phoenix the crowd looks exactly like the game represents it. There is not a sea of Purple.

I don't know why but MLB fans dont do this we're not as crazy as the NFLers.

Way too many people in the crows are wearing team colors, or shirts. Try to cut down on that just a little, and it'll be perfect. Also, sometimes at games, people wear team clothes for teams that aren't even playing. For example, at a Yankees vs. A's game, some people I saw were wearing Blue Jays shirts, so maybe add 3 or 4 people in the stands that are wearing team clothes for different teams.

I tried to do that, but there are only a couple of people editable. The file containing these fans (crowd0.fsh) has stored them in four rows of eight. But when I tried to let the rows wear different things, my game didn't display them correctly. Therefore, I had to let them all wear the same. I know this sucks, but maybe I'll find a workaround for that in the future.

I tried to do that, but there are only a couple of people editable. The file containing these fans (crowd0.fsh) has stored them in four rows of eight. But when I tried to let the rows wear different things, my game didn't display them correctly. Therefore, I had to let them all wear the same. I know this sucks, but maybe I'll find a workaround for that in the future.

I just realized that when I was looking through game directories, looking for things to edit. It really does suck. Well, I guess EA doesn't want to design 40,000+ people for each stadium.

Only one row is editable because the .bmp is animated. The mapping goes from one row to the next in a loop. In each row parts of the people are offset by a couple pixels from the previous so in order for the proper animation to happen each row has to be edited individually otherwise it will look strange (logos moving up and down) etc. That is the biggest pain with editing the crowd. Editing the 3D crowd to look decent is much harder because of the distortion of the original .bmp although you only have to edit once.

Archived