1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here's an update on this project:

During the last couple of days, I've been working on the 3D crowds for all the MLB stadiums. Editing these in terms of colors isn't that difficult, but it's really tough to create logos for the fans' shirts, as they are getting stretched and therefore won't display correctly. That's why I've decided to leave the shirts blank and just give the fans a unicolor team look:

mvp200520051107191721883rm.th.jpgmvp200520051107191919669dd.th.jpgmvp200520051107192117720aa.th.jpgmvp200520051107192245358yg.th.jpg

However, I've got a serious problem with the installer batch file. I'm using gfxpak to copy the images into the appropriate file (cram32.fsh), but for some reason it's not working. For more information, please check out this thread: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=15641.html

If any of you know a solution for this problem, please give me a hint, as I would really like to share this mod with the entire community.

Thanks!

xiberger-

If you want to make this completely accurate, why don't you take a look (well, create and then take a look) at the crowd.o file. In my Baltimore Memorial and Cleveland Stadium mods I removed thousands and thousands of fans to make the park seem more realistic, so if you're doing a marlins mod, it may be worth removing all of the upper deck fans. It does make everything feel a little closer to reality.

It isn't too hard to get used to, just back everything up and try futzing around with it.

Thanks for the suggestion Sean O, but I think I'm fine with just coloring the fans.

Since I still haven't found a solution for the installation problem, I might release the updated version and simply include the bmp files for the 3D fans. That way, those of you who want them in your stadiums would be able to install them using FshEd.

What do you guys think? Good idea or bad idea?

Thanks for the suggestion Sean O, but I think I'm fine with just coloring the fans.

Since I still haven't found a solution for the installation problem, I might release the updated version and simply include the bmp files for the 3D fans. That way, those of you who want them in your stadiums would be able to install them using FshEd.

What do you guys think? Good idea or bad idea?

What about raindelay7's grass mod? That had an automated installer for all the parks, and I'm sure he'd let you use it if you ask nicely.

Should be in the downloads area.

What about raindelay7's grass mod? That had an automated installer for all the parks, and I'm sure he'd let you use it if you ask nicely.

Should be in the downloads area.

I'm aware of that mod and have already looked into it to see how raindelay7 managed to do it. However, the files his mod replaces are type "78h|120|R5G5B5" (please don't ask me what the exactly means...). Low1, the file for the 3D fans, is type "60h|96|DXT1". After some research on the net, I found out that DXT1 is a compression type for images. And that's were I'm stuck at the moment... :?

http://www.mindwarped.com/gfshmgr.rar

this contains two files

gfshmgr.exe & d3dx9_25.dll

the command using gfxpak was

gfxpak -rp cram32.fsh jays.png low1
with gfshmgr it would be
gfshmgr.exe -q cram32.fsh -put low1 jays.png

-q puts the program in quiet mode

type "gfshmgr" by itself for more info on the program

type "gfshmgr -examples" for well examples

gfshmgr is part of DOLFFIN Live by NBA2KSTUFF

krawhitham, you're the best! Thank you so much! Works like a charm! :hail:

So, in reference to Futurama, "Good news everyone! Thanks to kraw's brilliance, I'll have the updated version (including 3D fans) ready by the end of the week."

I'll be posting more screenshots later today...

Looks great. Is it going to be an update for every team? (Is it only through stadium upate, like replacing the stadiums?)

Yes, the mod will feature every MLB team, but it's stadium specific, as it updates two files (crowd0.fsh=2D fans, and cram32.fsh=3D fans) that are stored within each stadium big file. Therefore, if you play at Fenway, for example, the fans will wear Red Sox colors (even though it might be a Yankees-Orioles game).

Great work Xiberger, Just great it makes the game of baseball come right to my door and bring mvp back again for another season and then another. For me, and I hope others, please when there is time upgrade the faces on the 3d, My son and myself just love the game and this just makes the national past time a great time for son and father to get together as well as any sport fans and have a great time. Thanks again!

:D Batter-up :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived