Classic 3 Help For Newbies

Binkyboy

Could you please give us newbies, and slow learners a little hep in process of downloading, extracting, and adding the files to the game so we can play? I would appreciate it very much. I have downloaded it but cannot figure out what to do after downloading. I have read the read me file but am stll lost. Please help......

after DL you have to extract the mod from

win .rar to the directory

ex. to: C/Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2005

(once in there a screen/box should appear)

from there hit

"Backup your Original Files!"

after that (a few minutes will say when done ea. time)

then click on "Install TC3!"

then click on the CTS tab and chose one screen

that should be it

then just click on the 'game icon' to start the game

Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded and extracted to the C/Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2005, and I have never see anywhere that says "backup your original files". I also have never see a cts tab. I have downloaded the file at least 3 times without seeing any of those things mentioned. I would like to start all over again with a clean MVP 2005 install first.

Now if I uninstall mVP 2005 the MVP in program files is still there....will it hurt my computer if I delete that whole folder for MVP 2005 in the EA folder?

Thanks for your help,

Dennis

OK this is getting frustrating trying to install Total Classics in a new directory from my existing MVP install. Basically, a dual install.

This is using Windows XP. Could it be a registry issues since every time I try to do what AlexTony says, Windows states that it is an invalid directory even though I tell it what directory to use.

Step by step, what is the golden path to success for having two completely individual installs on the same hard drive of MVP 2005......and Total Classics 2005?

I have renamed my MVP install and still the same problem. Does MVP have to be a clean install with no mods to install Total Classics. I have tried duplicating my MVP install with mods to another directory naming it Total Classics and then appying the Total Classics install package but all it does is put the TC files in a separate file within the TC directory. When I go to play the game, it is just like my MVP install with no hint of TC stuff anywhere.

Also, if I go to do a 2nd fresh install of MVP off the cd, the game recognizes the existing install and does not give me a new install option....just the play option. What is the workaround for that?

Very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

I think you may have to go to a small 'Reds icon' in the directory.

(MVP Baseball 2005) a small baseball with a Reds cap

that says: !TC2005_3_install.exe

then click on the icon and proceed from there

with the same procedure outlined earlier

Thanks AlexTony but when I click on that little Reds guy I get this error:

Says Project 1

Failed to load control `SSTAB` from TabCtl32.Ocx. Your version of Tabctl32.Ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

Do I need to download it again, and see if I get it? I may have stopped the download thinking I was through. I have never gotten anything with a backup your files even mentioned, or a cts tab.

Thanks Again,

Dennis

Here's what I wrote in another thread on this question:

I have both the standard MVP Baseball 2005 and Total Classics installed on the C drive. They do share the MVP Baseball Directory in My Documents however but that really hasn't posed any problems what so ever thus far - that I have noticed anyway.

I had MVP Baseball 2005 installed as normal in Program Files/EASports under directory MVP Baseball 2005. Prior to installing Total Classics I copied the MVP Baseball 2005 directory to another location. I then installed Total Classics over the one that remained in the Program Files/EASports directory. Once completed I renamed that directory from MVP Baseball 2005 to Total Classics Baseball 2005 and created a separate Icon on the Desktop for it. Finally, I moved MVP Baseball 2005, which I had copied to another location previously, back into the Program Files/EASports directory.

I have not had any problems thus far just clicking on the one I wanted to play. Knowing that the profile, sav & dynasty files are all being shared in the My Documents folder hasn't caused me any known problems.

Perhaps I am missing something here and would appreciate anyone letting know why I shouldn't be doing things this way. But it worked for 2004 and I have no idea why it wouldn't work for 2005.

Other than the added disk capacity required having both installed simultaneously and the sharing of the my Documents directory I see no problems with this.

I've got a question about the stadiums - none of mine have changed to anything that may have been included in TC3. I have most of the mods folks have done here installed, and it seems as though TC3 is using them instead of anything that was supposed to be installed. I ask b/c i saw the pics of old Tiger Stadium and Yankee Stadium in the photo gallery, and I noticed on the pic of old Yankee Stadium there is no video screen in right field, whereas the one I have still has one. Did I miss something here? I've already tried to reinstall so that's not it. Thanks for the help!

Patsfan goes with my question: Does the installer include cyberfaces, unis, sound, and stadiums, or am I stupid for asking since those are a lot of files to be included?

Yes, the installer does include all those items. Fuzz can give you specifics, but all were updated for TC3.

C

I wonder why my stadiums weren't changed then....that's the only thing that remained the same, everything else worked perfectly.

Let me clarify...oldtime stadiums were included (see below) as part of the DL, but modded current stadiums were not. From Fuzz's readme:

Q. What New Stadiums Are Included?

Ebbets Field by Rolie & Paul W. Can be found in your AAA Stadium One Slot and Memorial Stadium can be found in your AA Stadium One Slot. The Other Stadiums that were drastically polished up by their original authors are Tiger Stadium, Sportman's Park, Cleveland Municipal, Classic Yankees Stadium and The Polo Grounds.

C

Anyway to mod my game, when I dl TC3, so that it plays with old time footage look, whatever it is called? You know like in MVP 05 regular, you only see that look when you are at a classic stadium or what not. And, is there anyway to remove those classic stadiums andput them in TC3 as regular stadiums? Has this even been thought of? Am I asking too many questions and should shut up now?

Anyway to mod my game, when I dl TC3, so that it plays with old time footage look, whatever it is called? You know like in MVP 05 regular, you only see that look when you are at a classic stadium or what not. And, is there anyway to remove those classic stadiums andput them in TC3 as regular stadiums? Has this even been thought of? Am I asking too many questions and should shut up now?

The "Cooperstown effect" only occurs on the classic stadiums. I don't know of any way to get it to occur on other stadiums.

You might be able to move the stadiums to the regular stadiums by just simply renaming them. For example, if you rename shibday.big to yankday.big, Shibe day will show up when you select Yankee Stadium day. The text and stadium preview will still show Yankee Stadium, however, when you start the game, Shile stadium will be used (I think......).

What slot is classic Yankee Stadium placed in, as it isn't in the original game? I'll have to look at Tiger Stadium as well to make sure it's different. Thanks!

The classic Yankee Stadium overwrites the "regular" Yankee Stadium day slot. When selecting your stadium, select Yankee Stadium day, and when the game starts up, the classic Yankee stadium will be used.

• 2 weeks later...

What I noticed was that Classic Yankee stadium in TC3 is not the very latest released by PaulW.

It would be nice to have the very latest versions in TC to eliminate the guesswork..

When it is stated in TC3 that the Classic stadiums included are highly polished versions of their original stadiums by the modder, does that mean it is newer from what the latest version that was released independently or is it basically the same, or like in PaulW's case with Classic Yankee in TC3, is a stadium an earlier release?

We need more clarity with the versions of the TC3 stadiums. Thanks for your understanding and hard work.

Archived