The SwinginSoriano 2006 MVP roster thread

SwinginSoriano

It wasn't a big secret (or a well known fact either) that I was planning to make a roster for MVP for the 2006 season. Of course it will include...

- ACCURATE rosters up to the release date (before Spring Training). This won't be an "off-season roster" with mistakes. When it comes out, it will be as accurate as any roster ever made. (Like my rosters for the 2005 season.) (Also includes added players from 40 man rosters)

- Updated attributes

- Updated pitch delieveries and batting stances, I will be taking up much more time this year to get it done right. (Some glitches and problems last year that were corrected a bit too late.)

- Updated CAREER AND 2005 SEASON STATS. You read that, when you simulate your 2006 season, now your season will be added to all stats leading up to the 2005 season! This will take a while but I am getting some help.

- Updated Contracts

- Updated Birthdays (I move the year back) so players can maintain a correct age.

- Corrections on one handed and two handed swing followthroughs.

- Updated Jersey numbers, weights, and even heights (like Jack Wilson's actual height :) ) where possible

- Possibly, I will update the All-Star teams which will consist of this roster's most highly rated players.

I am willing to do the bulk of the work, the hard and fun part. Problem is, I only own MVP2004, meaning when I make this roster, it will be for 2004. I can make a .mbe conversion, but I need a VOLUNTEER to help do some appropriate conversions for MVP 2005 that include:

- Changing the birthdates (just add a year)

- Changing portrait numbers if necessary

- Changing Cyberface numbers if necessary

As long as I have support and a little help, we can use our MVP 2004 and 2005s for a whole other year! Hey, save some money and give ESPN Baseball the middlefinger! (For denying us MVP! Though it was EA's fault for Maddengate but whatever)

Who is willing to help make my roster 2005-ready when the time comes?

Dude you can buy MVP2005 for like $10 now. If you can't swing it I'll buy you a copy and send it your way.

don't worry about it man. I have updated even the tiniest and most insignificant moves during this season just to make the roster I was making more accurate. Though of course if you feel that sending me a MVP 2005 can result in me making a better roster, that's your decision. Thanks tons for the offer though! :wtg:

(hypothetically, if lets say I somehow get a MVP2005 I would probably do everything myself. I do have faith in the modding community though that a roster compatible with MVP2005 can be made.)

Anyway, the .mbe files are not compatible with MVPedit for 2004 and 2005. BUT, there is an MVPedit conversion program which Rglass made. Meaning, I send whoever makes the MVP2005 version of the roster the converted file, and the proper corrections (cyberface numbers and birthdates) are made there. Nothing more would need to be changed!

It's great seeing some guys willing to help. Lets keep this community going into 2006! Lets keep playing MVP until a better game is actually made!

For me, I start when the season ends. I will start putting in the stats and changing things around then. Whoever edits the roster to work in MVP2005 will do their part in Mid-Feburary when I set the release date. It'll be a while from now, that's why I need devoted volunteers! )

Well, I am one of them.

Thug4Life67 and I have started work on the roster. Thug4Life67 is sending me Cyberface and portrait numbers so I could release a MVP2005 COMPATABLE version of the roster. That will definately come out. Possibly a MVP 2004 version will come out as well. I may consider making this thread in the 2005 forum. I wonder if there will be anyone else working on a 2006 roster. Not an 'off-season' roster but a completely accurate 2006 roster with new attributes, ages, career stats, contracts, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived