Hory

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

almost done tweaking the roster,

yeah, Do you want a backgrounds on the portraits,

advantages of the background

Most images of old players we will find will be small

quicker (a few actions set in photoshop and you are done)

disadvantages

no alphas

I also have a few players I can not find in the correct team uniforms, do you want photoshoped uniform changes or go as is

when done, what team do you want done next?

Attached are the 1994 rosters (in 3 parts due to forum filesize limits) with adjustments I've made today including removing all the custom cyberface ids so the teams won't crash when playing and fixing the FA list to stop mvpedit crashing.

So now this project seems to be up and running if you want to help with anything here is what needs to be done

Rosters - Missing players need to be created - For nearly all teams - Re-rating and checking accuracy of ratings, historical stat corrections, salaries and budgets still to be done.

All Star teams still to be completed.

do you have formulas you want to use for ratings?

All Star teams will be easy, but I can not do them until the players that are on the allstar teams have been created on their home teams

I'm happy with 'background' portraits as it's going to be difficult to get 1994 portraits for most guys anyway so whatever we can get is good.

For next team, please do whoever you like

I have no set player formulas, although obviously player ratings that will output season stats similar to the real life 1994 counterparts is what we're aiming for.

Here's the comprehensive ballpark list for 1994. plain text entries need to be graphically updated, but exist natively in the game. italic entries need physical modification, though the park exists natively and the field itself is the same as it was in 1994. bold entries require both physical modification of the field and/or the physical structure. red entries need to be created in the game. blue entries need either a day or night version added.

AL East:

Baltimore Orioles - Ballpark at Camden Yards

Boston Red Sox - Fenway Park (Remove Green Monster seats, Coke Bottles)

Detroit Tigers - Tiger Stadium

NY Yankees - Yankee Stadium

Toronto Blue Jays - SkyDome

AL Central:

Chicago White Sox - New Comiskey Park (Move walls, move bleachers, replace center field complex with seating)

Cleveland Indians - Jacobs Field

Kansas City Royals - Kauffman Field (Requires Astroturf)

Milwaukee Brewers - Milwaukee County Stadium

Minnesota Twins - Metrodome (Remove fabric walls from upper deck)

AL West:

California - Anaheim Stadium (Needs a complete re-do, based on Veteran's Stadium, along with modified walls and new bleachers)

Oakland Athletics - Oakland Alameda Coliseum (Also needs major modification, remove Mt. Davis, move walls, construct bleachers, berm and advertising area)

Seattle Mariners - Kingdome (This is going to be a challenge. The best base is the Astrodome, though we're never going to get the foul area right without an incredible effort, which isn't really worth it. Kingdome will just have to be as good as we can get it. An alternate possibility is Tropicana Field, though the upper deck is kinda off.)

Texas Rangers - The Ballpark at Arlington

NL East:

Atlanta Braves - Atlanta Fulton County Stadium (Veteran's Stadium is probably the best bet)

Florida Marlins - Dolphin Stadium

Montreal Expos - Stade Olympique

NY Mets - Shea Stadium

Philadelphia Phillies - Veterans Stadium

NL Central:

Chicago Cubs - Wrigley Field

Cincinnati Reds - Riverfront Stadium (Veterans Stadium is the easiest)

Houston Astros - Astrodome

Pittsburgh Pirates - Three Rivers Stadium (Veterans Stadium is the easiest)

St. Louis Cardinals - Busch Stadium (Change to astroturf, replace upper deck seating, move walls and bullpens)

NL West:

Colorado Rockies - Mile High Stadium (Oh god, I don't know. Maybe Qualcomm as a base, since Dolphin Stadium's left field lower deck has been removed. This is going to be a true mess whatever we do with it)

LA Dodgers - Dodger Stadium

San Diego Padres - Jack Murphy Stadium (Remove outer sections of upper deck added in 1998)

San Francisco Giants - Candlestick Park (Veterans Stadium is the best base)

So, you can see we have a lot of work to do, so any help I can get is appreciated.

Cinergy aka Riverfront is in the game, it would take some work. it is from the year before GABP where they put up a big black wall in center field and removed allot of seats

Yeah, but just like Angel Stadium, adding the sheer amount of stuff we need in the outfield is beyond the scope of what we can do with 2005 Angel Stadium or 2000 Riverfront. We'll need to recreate 3 Rivers, Riverfront, Fulton County, Candlestick and Angel Stadium from Veterans. It's not perfect, and I hope I can get used to Veterans damn soon, but that's what we have.

I know I haven't been around much, but I would like to help you guys out with this any way I can. If you have something in mind, let me know.

As for as Camden Yards, I will look around for some programs for accurate advertisement placings. I used to live in Baltimore, so I might have something from there.

I was just going through my Busch Stadium commemorative book and I just found an EXCELLENT photo of the stadium view from homeplate. It was taken on 'Fan Day' after the work stoppage, so all the logos and ads would have been the way they were on the final day of the season.

I will try to scan it and upload it here for you all to see.

In the download section i have uploaded the beta 1994 Rosters, all 28 teams have full 25-man rosters now - although many of the players need serious tweaking for attributes, appearances, batting stances, lineups and so on

Could the "Met" (Minnesota's old park) currently in the game,be used as a model for Mile High?

milehigh.jpg

metrohome.jpg

Mile High in Denver on the top,The Met in Minnesota on the bottom.

You guys are way over what I could do,but I felt there are simularities to these 2 parks.

There are similarities between the Met and Mile High, but in the end the Vet will look much nicer since it's a similar multipurpose stadium, while the Met is much more patchwork in its construction.

The Vet will be the easiest if we're trying to make Mile High.

Those are pretty sweet!

So far with fizzjob's and HardcoreLegend's unis these are the 94-era unis we have so far

Angels H,R,Alt

Bluejays H,R,Alt

Rangers H,R,Alt

Royals H, R

Orioles H,R, Alt

Pirates H,R

Tigers R

I'll do Three Rivers. 1994 was a great season. The Jake opened, Matt Williams chasing the record, I would like to help. SeanO I will need some help with the wall.dat editing but I can throw my hat into the ring. Somebody promise me I get an Orel Hershiser Cyberface.

Archived