MVP Baseball 1994 thread

Hory

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll do Three Rivers. 1994 was a great season. The Jake opened, Matt Williams chasing the record, I would like to help. SeanO I will need some help with the wall.dat editing but I can throw my hat into the ring. Somebody promise me I get an Orel Hershiser Cyberface.

Sure, Three Rivers will probably be one of the easier walls to mod. I'm going to take a look at the Vet now to see how difficult the Mile High mod is going to be.

Three Rivers had the bullpens on the field, as Busch used to, correct?

That's a good question, and the answer is: sorta. I assume you're familiar with Pro Player Park, where the bullpens are in foul ground (as opposed to the outfield) but are behind the foul-ground wall. Similar deal with Three Rivers. So, for reference, Riverfront, Candlestick and Mile High have on-field bullpens, the Vet and Angel Stadium have outfield bullpens, and 3riv is listed above.

Somebody promise me I get an Orel Hershiser Cyberface.

What would happen if you said that in a brothel?

If I'm remembering correctly, there are some Astros jerseys from the 94 era somewhere on the site, even though I can't find them at the moment.

Maybe they got lost in the site upgrades? I'll check my hard drive when I get home.

--Eric

Ok, after a couple exhausting hours of work, Mile High is starting to shape up. I removed the center field stands, got the right field bleachers ready to reconfigure (removed the upper deck from the Vet for this section), and I removed the right field corner. Still a ton to do, and I'm still hoping someone will volunteer to do the graphics for the park once I'm done with it, since I'll probably be too burned out from staring at the dots all day.

Thanks! And I only had to doctor up the hat of one player...can you guess which one?

Actually, it was two. The Chris Donnels portrait was the best I could do, but it still looks lousy and I didn't include it in the preview. I figure he won't see much playing time anyway though.

Do you want me to go through and make adjustments to pitch types, heights, weights, and things like that?

--Eric

Yes please do,

Although once I have finished doing ids I will be uploading an updated version of the rosters later today with audio/photo audio ids assigned for every player so you may want to work from the updated roster

Also, pay special attention to all players numbered 99 as they are straight lahman database imports so their appearances, pitch types, stances etc are completely wrong.

So, I've been thinking. With the sheer amount of stadium changes that this mod would require, I just don't know how much I'll be able to get done of it. If there were 5-10 more people with oedit experience, or even a whole cadre of folks willing to do graphics it'd be one thing, but so far only 3 or 4 people have volunteered to help, and it's just never going to happen.

I may try to spearhead a 1940-1952 single-season mod, because in those years virtually nothing changed in terms of stadiums. From there, we can move onto a 30's era or a late-50's one where we start adding a few stadiums at a time. But 1994 just happens to be one of the single most difficult seasons that we could have chosen, and I just don't think it's going to happen.

I'll do my best to give you guys Mile High, but after that I'm not sure how much I can contribute. I'll still check in on the off chance anyone has a question though.

Sorry, Namaste, and good luck.

No problem, I never seriously expected all the 94 ballparks to be done, but thanks for your help so far anyway.

Although we could still do a few alterations to existing parks like putting astroturf in Busch and the like, I'll put that on the back-burner for now.

Update -

All players now have an assigned audio/photo id, so updated rosters have been uploaded in the download section.

The rosters still need input on player stances, attributes etc..

I've also finished up a spreadsheet listing all MLB players with their appropriate audio/photo id for modding purposes which is attached if anybody is interested.

And here's some screenshots of mvp 1994 in play with AstroEric's portraits and bigbully's astro unis.

ss14aq.th.jpgmvp1994200510302049547jw.th.jpg

mvp1994200510302050038pr.th.jpgmvp1994200510302050096wa.th.jpg

your whole idea sounds brilliant and i would help but unfortunately i suck at dealing with hard stuff on computers and don't have the time to learn how to. This might be a stupid question but im a big jim abbott fan and im wondering what u guys are doing with his hand

I looked at the Angels roster and here are some changes I made:

DiSarcina - Change Uniform # to 33

Finley - Change Uniform # to 31

Hudler - Change Uniform # to 10

Leftwhich - Change Uniform # to 45

Leiter - Change Uniform # to 27

Owen - Change Uniform # to 17

Reynolds - Change Uniform # to 3

Turner - Change Uniform # to 20

I know that Chuck Finley threw a forkball, if you have mvp 2003, he was in that game

I think Chad Curtis had a strong arm

It was a little known fact that Chili Davis had a strong, but inaccurate arm, because he always DH'ed for the Angels

I knew Harold Reynolds was fast, but I don't think he's a 100

Those are the only players that I see need changing, but then again that was 11 years ago!

Edit: I don't know if you knew this, but you can find batting splits for 1994 at retrosheet.org

So, I've been thinking. With the sheer amount of stadium changes that this mod would require, I just don't know how much I'll be able to get done of it. If there were 5-10 more people with oedit experience, or even a whole cadre of folks willing to do graphics it'd be one thing, but so far only 3 or 4 people have volunteered to help, and it's just never going to happen.

I may try to spearhead a 1940-1952 single-season mod, because in those years virtually nothing changed in terms of stadiums. From there, we can move onto a 30's era or a late-50's one where we start adding a few stadiums at a time. But 1994 just happens to be one of the single most difficult seasons that we could have chosen, and I just don't think it's going to happen.

I'll do my best to give you guys Mile High, but after that I'm not sure how much I can contribute. I'll still check in on the off chance anyone has a question though.

Sorry, Namaste, and good luck.

I am willing to help as much as possible. I can convert the Jake Back to 94 and I can work on Three Rivers and put in some ads on the Vet and Astrodome and Tiger.

What even has to be done to the Jake? Just some ad replacements, correct?

the Jake, I'd imagine, should just need graphical updates, since there won't be any major architectural elements to have to add. Same goes for all of the other parks Pirate mentioned, so if he could handle all those, that would be wonderful.

As promised, I've been working on Mile High, and I can happily announce that all of the major (and they were pretty major) architectural changes have been finished. The center field and corner seating has been completely removed, the holes have been plugged around the seating, the left field seating area has been isolated and lowered to its correct height / location, the roof areas for the entire park have been removed, and the right field bleachers have been constructed from scratch, including crowd placement. All that's really left to do on my end is to change the park dimensions, which isn't very difficult, and finish patching up some leftover issues from removing all that seating.

However, here's the main reason I'm posting this update. I just plain suck at graphics, and really don't enjoy doing it at all for the parks. I would love if someone would take the oedit work I have and just make the required changes so we can get this park out there. As far as I can tell the only graphic that will need creation is the scoreboard for Mile High. So, essentially I need someone with basic oedit experience who can, say, replace the set of vertices I've placed aside with the treeline surrounding Mile High, then who can go into the program and make it look realistic. Then you'd just need to fix up other graphics like the walls, etc.

So, if anyone is interested, please either reply here or PM me, it shouldn't be that much work, and it would get this thing released far faster. I don't know if I would even want to try to do the graphcis after all the oediting.

Archived