World Baseball Classic

deadballfan

Hi i try to make Europe teams. How change Team Name of Team from A? In MVPedit it does not. what programs do you use? thanx for answers

I use Loc Look to edit feeng.loc and igeng.loc to change team names in the game. It can be downloaded here.

I also edit the names and team abbreviations in team.dat and tstat.dat in notepad or textpad then re-import the files in MVPEdit, but it's the loc files that affect the game.

Be sure to make backups before editing.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just wondering when more teams are going to be added to the mod. So far its awesome.

Thanksgiving week was a bit crazier than expected so I'm a little behind schedule. Japan is next on the list for rosters. Been mostly gathering information at this point and working on some of the logos for upcoming teams. I'm hoping for a release during the week of the 19th that will add Japan and have a surprise or two. If I get enough done this weekend, I hope to post a few previews next week.

I just found out that Dave Nilsson will be playing next year, so the starting infield for Australia should be...

C - Nilsson

1B - Huber

2B - Durrington

SS - van Buizen

3B - G Williams

DH - Kingman

For space for Nilsson, replace D'Antonio.

Thanks for the heads up on Nilsson, wedss. I was hoping he'd play. I'll add him to the list of roster changes for the next update. Looks like Italy will have an interesting roster.

Gige56, great work with the portraits. Anything you can do to help is appreciated. You can post here or PM me with any questions.

As promised, a few previews of some upcoming updates. At this point, only the loc file and some logo work is done. I'll be starting on the roster work over the weekend.

The plan at this point is for the WBC teams and a few other baseball world cup countries to occupy the major league level. Some more developing baseball countries (if & when I get to them) will be in AAA or AA. Class A will have ten all time national teams and 20 past Olympic teams (4 semi-finalists from 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996 & 2000).

screen123wx.th.jpg     screen110fb.th.jpg

Maybe for some country, it's not necessary to totally follow the true rosters, because some occupational teams won't let some top players join WBC for many reasons. Maybe you should add some top players who can't join, based on true rosters.

kennyess, thanks for the heads up on the Japanese roster. Very interesting that Hideki Matsui and Kenji Jojima aren't on it. 60 man rosters are due in a month, so hopefully they will be on the roster by then.

cornny, no worries there. The AAA slots of the WBC participants (at least the top 12) will have backups (26-30 on the WBC roster), notable exclusions, other players from the 60 man pre-roster, etc. The downloader can decide whether to follow the WBC roster as released or make some changes and guide their idea of their country's dream team to international baseball glory.

Are you guys doing Italy? I am just wondering I didn't see anything about it.

Italy is one of the teams I have a (less than) minimum lineup laid out for at this point based on the WBC site roster list.

SP - Grilli and Fiore

RP - Gallo and Mantei

C - Piazza, Mirabelli, DiFelice

IF - Vitiello, Menechino, Scutaro, DeRosa

OF - Catalanotto, Dellucci, Pascucci, Zoccolillo

Marco Scutaro is supposedly leaning toward Venezuela though at this point I have him as Italy's starting shortstop. Tough decision for him - play 3 full games for Italy and go back to his team's camp or ride the bench for Venezuela and have a good chance to win it all.

Cant wait for the final version of this. BTW what teams are going to be replaced by this.

Thanks for the link to the hats and jerseys. I'll work on incorporating some of them into the logos. Also, those are excellent examples for any uniform makers out there that would be interested on starting on some WBC uniforms.

The roster plan at this point (WBC teams top priority of course):

MLB - the 16 WBC teams, plus 14 others (2nd Dominican, 3 more US teams, 2nd Cuban, WBC alternates Colombia & Nicaragua, Brazil, Greece, Czech Rep, Spain, Germany, the Philippines, & New Zealand)

Class A - 10 All Time rosters from USA, Canada, Cuba, Japan, Dominican, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Panama, Venezuela, & Europe; Also, the 4 semifinal teams from the 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, & 2000 Olympics

I'll need lots of help from classic and college/olympic modders out there on these.

Most of the WBC participants will have their AAA affiliates filled with backups from the 60 man roster, alternates, snubs, injured, whatever. The North American and Caribbean teams will have AA filled as well. The rest of AAA & AA would be filled with other nations from around the world.

wow wonderful roster and everything you plan next version

because i would love to play canada in the world cup

wooooooooo hope your plan will be successful!!!!

huh how about 2004 olympic game in greece it had been wonderful baseball games. for example australia surprised japan in playoff while canada showed what they could do and end up fourth place who defeated by cuba... i think you should add a few teams from olympic 2004 that would be wonderful idea. what do you think?

hi there, i think this mod will be amazing guys!!!. im venezuelan, cleared the situation about our 1st baseman Cabrera, i have to say, our third catcher is Henry Blanco, by his defense, and the possible lineup would be to me:

1.- Omar Vizquel - SS

2.- Melvin Mora - CF

3.- Bobby Abreu - RF

4.- Miguel Cabrera - 3B/LF

5.- Alex Cabrera - 1B/DH

6.- Magglio Ordoñez - LF

7.- Victor Martinez - C/DH/1B

8.- Ramón Hernandez DH/C/1B

9.- Carlos Guillén - 2B

Bench: Edgardo Alfonso, Alex Gonzalez/Cesar Isturiz, Richard Hidalgo, Juan Rivera, Endy Chavez, Henry Blanco

Rotation:

1.- Johan Santana

2.- Carlos Zambrano

3.- Freddy García

4.- Carlos Silva

Bullpen:

Gustavo Chacín, Felix Hernandez, Victor Zambrano, Juan Rincon, Kelvim Escobar, Tony Armas Jr., Geremis Gonzalez, Giovanny Carrara, Wilfredo Ledezma.

Setup: Jorge Julio Tapia

Closer: Francisco Rodriguez.

And the jerseys are as attachment

Archived