World Baseball Classic

deadballfan

gee thanks....... now only 15 percent of people get to benefit from what you've done..........

that's 15 % more than none had I not posted them, and it's remarks like that that put me off distributing my stuff in the first place. How many people here have benefitted from you exactly?? And do you honestly think I want to spend my time explaining how to install mods to people who don't know what a rar file is? Or can't be bothered reading a readme?

You could always package things up and make everyone happy, but let me guess, you're too busy or don't know how to, which actually means you can't be bothered finding out how!

This wasn't even my mod, I just made some unis I thought a few people might like and judging by this thread it seems to be roughly 10? Makes all my effort seem so worthwhile. Now good luck waiting for the other logos! :evil:

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biker, what's with wanting so much praise? If you don't want to do anymore, don't, but quit being a jerk about the work you have done and provided just because you don't feel you get enough recognition. I've seen over 100 "thank's" and that's 100 more than you got before you began modding.

You're highly regarded

People enjoy your work

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

All it takes is comments and **** by ungreatful people. I HAVE ALL THE UNIFORMS, PORTRAITS, AND THE ONE USA LOGO HE HAS MADE. Don't worry about it. I can package them together if he continues to make anymore. I'm not sure if he is going to do anymore because people post dumb ****...

Biker, what's with wanting so much praise? If you don't want to do anymore, don't, but quit being a jerk about the work you have done and provided just because you don't feel you get enough recognition. I've seen over 100 "thank's" and that's 100 more than you got before you began modding.

You're highly regarded

People enjoy your work

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

It's not praise I want, I just like feedback to know people are using my stuff and for your info I have been modding for various PC games for well over 10 years! Though this site seems the worst for feedback in my experience.

I have released 2 or 3 WBC unis here where no one even mentioned I had the wrong pants or badge etc nevermind commenting on fonts I made for eg and I haven't seen 100 thanks in this thread, there seems to only be about 10 people interested as far as I can see!

Then you get someone who hasn't even said a thanks or commented on the work of me and others, but just asks 'where is this' 'how do I install the other' etc calling me out because I don't want to spend hours finding teams that have front numbers and names on the back for all the teams, and then rename and package all my stuff together, just because he can't!!!!

It ticks me off a little.

And timewin, I have also released the Netherlands and Venzuela logos, just to prove my point about stuff getting noticed :wink:

Anyway that's enough about me for now

I having a problem getting all the unis installed right. I went and made all my uniform fsh files to be put into models.big to reference the team that I wanted to replace their uniforms for the WBC unis (for example I want the USA team to replace the Angels so I have a u000a.fsh and a u000b.fsh to replace the Angels' unis with the USA ones. Same this with me replacing Baltimore's unis with Canada's, so I have made new u009a.fsh and u009b.fsh to replace them).

Well, I use bigGUI for a while, but it starts screwing up before I can get all 11 uniform sets in. It will either put the wrong uniform on the wrong team (ie Venezuela unis will be on team USA) when I have verified a million times that my fsh files were made properly, or bigGUI will start seemingly decompressing files in the models.big file that I'm not even messing with which leads to the game crashing. So, I quit using bigGUI.

So I figured I'd do it using eazip and gfxpak, but gfxpak doesn't work on the models.big that comes with the MVP 06 update (it's too large). But that's cool, I just grab the original models.big from the MVP CD since I am running this in a directory that I only care about WBC teams. I fired up a game with this models.big without any of the WBC uniforms in it first, just to make sure it works, and everything went cool. So that's good.

Well now, I tried to put all the WBC uniforms in using a script that utilizes eazip and gfxpak. Unfortunately, anytime I try to play a game with one of the teams with new jerseys, the game crashes. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I hope someone can help me.

To create the uniform fsh files, I took the uniform fsh files from biker_jim_uk's rar files he provided, and coverted them to the team that I wanted to replace rather than the ones they originally were for by simply renaming them.

Well after that, I made my bat file, this is what it looks like:

eazip -c u009a.fsh u009b.fsh u000a.fsh u000b.fsh u010a.fsh u010b.fsh u004a.fsh u004b.fsh u005a.fsh u005b.fsh u006a.fsh u006b.fsh u007a.fsh u007b.fsh u008a.fsh u008b.fsh u011a.fsh u011b.fsh

PAUSE

gfxpak -p data/models.big u009a.fsh u009b.fsh u000a.fsh u000b.fsh u010a.fsh u010b.fsh u004a.fsh u004b.fsh u005a.fsh u005b.fsh u006a.fsh u006b.fsh u007a.fsh u007b.fsh u008a.fsh u008b.fsh u011a.fsh u011b.fsh

PAUSE

del *.fsh

Isn't that the right way to compress the fsh files and put them into models.big from the MVP 2005 program file directory if you aren't using bigGUI? Well, the game crashes on me when I try to play a game with one of these altered team jerseys. Can anyone help me? I'm very frusterated.

By the way biker_jim_uk, I really appreciate all the work you've done thus far.

Jim, I'm just trying to present to you a way in which more people could get enjoyment out of the mod than the select few who have shown interest. If a full version, where the uni's/rosters correspond as well as the logo's were to be made available, I bet you would see a significant amount of downloads.

At least try it and if it fails, never listen to me again. It's not like it would take you a long time. You obviously are well aware of what you are doing.

Yeah, well I completely forgot about those because I actually put them in an ENTIRELY different folder which has them all unpacked. I have a lot more on my mind than these uniforms but I'll be willing to package this all together I guess when we are finished, as longa as my schedule allows me. I personally have not used them yet due to my schedule. Are people saying that some uniforms don't have any fonts? If so then it might be a good idea to just pick out the fonts for the those certain teams when creating uniforms. I would like to see biker_jim pick doing the logos and uniforms again after seeing some of the others attempts...

If so i apologize but this guy has been really bitter about everything and did you see what he just said to me ? are you kidding?

that's 15 % more than none had I not posted them, and it's remarks like that that put me off distributing my stuff in the first place. How many people here have benefitted from you exactly?? And do you honestly think I want to spend my time explaining how to install mods to people who don't know what a rar file is? Or can't be bothered reading a readme?

You could always package things up and make everyone happy, but let me guess, you're too busy or don't know how to, which actually means you can't be bothered finding out how!

This wasn't even my mod, I just made some unis I thought a few people might like and judging by this thread it seems to be roughly 10? Makes all my effort seem so worthwhile. Now good luck waiting for the other logos! :evil:

grate·ful adj.

Appreciative of benefits received; thankful.

Expressing gratitude.

Affording pleasure or comfort; agreeable.

Biker Jim can be a little blunt, but he is an asset to the community. Why not appreicate what he's done instead of attacking him for not catering to you.

Biker Jim can be a little blunt, but he is an asset to the community. Why not appreicate what he's done instead of attacking him for not catering to you.

I agree and I also feel for Biker Jim. The guy who started this is'nt even around anymore and if it wasnt for Biker Jim this project wouldnt even be as far as complete without his contribution.

Wow, everyone just simmer down. Biker, great work I love it. Everyone, I hope you realize he doesn't have to do these mods........ its not his job... my guess is he does it for the love of both the game and baseball. Which brings me to the reason we are all reading this post... we love the WBC. We are all here for the same reason.

p.s has anyone put together a set of font files that correspond with the jerseys made? If so I would greatly appreciate it if you posted in in the DL section or something of that sort.

I want to give to thousand thanks my gratitude to all the guys who work last in the uniforms of the WBC, special to Biker Jim, Kenyees, Garfield etc.

Thank you very much to make reality the WBC in MVP... the only problem is that the uniform of my country (Venezuela) the shirts numbers is not the real ones of the players as Omar Vizquel is the 13 or in mod is the 86? Johan Santana (Cy Young 2004) is the 57 and in mod he is another one? Edgardo Alfonso is el number 0??? its a batboy??? because? anyway thanks! and if they can repair to that problems... thousand thanks! thank you my friend!!!

thanks is great work, excellent!!!

darn, I missed the comments!!!

I made fonts for Mexico because I haven't seen any like that in game, the rest seem to use the College Font style and I've seen most combos in the game already (I did do Venezuela to ), as I said I don't use the WBC stuff so I had little interest in trawling through to find the correct teams ( I also put Italy over the Dodgers affiliate so their numbers worked including the red front).

Once all the rosters are done if some one wants to find decent slots I can make the numbers easy enough and I'll probably complete the logos ( as I've already said they contain the slot number in the names so we need definitive slots)

I want to give to thousand thanks my gratitude to all the guys who work last in the uniforms of the WBC, special to Biker Jim, Kenyees, Garfield etc.

Thank you very much to make reality the WBC in MVP... the only problem is that the uniform of my country (Venezuela) the shirts numbers is not the real ones of the players as Omar Vizquel is the 13 or in mod is the 86? Johan Santana (Cy Young 2004) is the 57 and in mod he is another one? Edgardo Alfonso is el number 0??? its a batboy??? because? anyway thanks! and if they can repair to that problems... thousand thanks! thank you my friend!!!

thanks is great work, excellent!!!

you should be able to fix this in MVPedit

ok, I guess I'm not doing this right. I want to change the Baltimore Orioles uniforms into Canada's uniforms. I got the u041a.fsh and the u041b.fsh out of the rar file provided by biker_jim_uk. The Orioles' uniform is u009a.fsh and u009b.fsh, can I just rename jim's original fsh files to this name? Or what is the right way if this isn't it? That way just doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks!

ok friend, my team... Venezuela changes it with Mvpedit to Frederick Keys (minor it binds category A) is I number u102.fsh (to and B) I need to have the correct numeros and last name in the back of each player of Venezuela. It will be possible? utilize Mvpedit to already concern the 16 uniforms to all I gave rename them. Thanks Biker Jim! my email is lunasonica@hotmail.com (my name is Fabrizio Moreno Brown)

ok friend, my team... Venezuela changes it with Mvpedit to Frederick Keys (minor it binds category A) is I number u102.fsh (to and B) I need to have the correct numeros and last name in the back of each player of Venezuela. It will be possible? utilize Mvpedit to already concern the 16 uniforms to all I gave rename them. Thanks Biker Jim! my email is lunasonica@hotmail.com (my name is Fabrizio Moreno Brown)

I first the uniforms with EAgraph and soon with MVPedit the rosters. the real numbers appear in the Mvpedit of Venezuela players, but when I give him to load to the game return to appear the false numbers and without last name.

ok, I guess I'm not doing this right. I want to change the Baltimore Orioles uniforms into Canada's uniforms. I got the u041a.fsh and the u041b.fsh out of the rar file provided by biker_jim_uk. The Orioles' uniform is u009a.fsh and u009b.fsh, can I just rename jim's original fsh files to this name? Or what is the right way if this isn't it? That way just doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks!

yes that should work, have you tried importing with EAGraph after renaming?

Luna, no idea, sounds strange, though most lower division teams have no back names.

yes that should work, have you tried importing with EAGraph after renaming?

Luna, no idea, sounds strange, though most lower division teams have no back names.

Sorry, I'm not very familar with EAGraph. Do I just open the models.big file with EAGraph first? Then what? I see that Import Wizard, which option do I choose? Is there suppose to be way to import my fsh file that I renamed to u000a.fsh? Or do I use EAGraph to open my renamed fsh file and do something with it from there? Thanks! I've got all my teams set up and all the text and everything ready for these WBC teams, I just can't get these uniforms to install right!

Sorry, I'm not very familar with EAGraph. Do I just open the models.big file with EAGraph first? Then what? I see that Import Wizard, which option do I choose? Is there suppose to be way to import my fsh file that I renamed to u000a.fsh? Or do I use EAGraph to open my renamed fsh file and do something with it from there? Thanks! I've got all my teams set up and all the text and everything ready for these WBC teams, I just can't get these uniforms to install right!

I had step-by-step instructions before. You should rename it to match the thing you are replacing. ex. if you are replacing u026k with something named u026a, then u026a will be replaced. It has to be named u026k to replace u026k. You use Import wizard to import, and select the middle option. Make sure the .fsh is highlighted, not the hat, or somethiing else. Also make sure it is compressed or your game will crash.

I had step-by-step instructions before. You should rename it to match the thing you are replacing. ex. if you are replacing u026k with something named u026a, then u026a will be replaced. It has to be named u026k to replace u026k. You use Import wizard to import, and select the middle option. Make sure the .fsh is highlighted, not the hat, or somethiing else. Also make sure it is compressed or your game will crash.

awesome, thanks kenyess. I got it all to work. Man, EAGE is a lot easier to use than the other ways I was trying. Thanks all.

Can someone please help me with my away Venezuela jerseys? I have everything made, but when I try and replace and put them in with fshedtool, I get 'stream read error'. I have redone the jerseys from scratch and I still get the same thing. Is there someone that can tell me what I'm doing wrong or someone who could make them work if I gave them the images? Thanks.

Archived