Pirate Parks: A look into the future.

Pirate

I love parks, you have figured that much out already. I am playing around with NBA Live 06, but I do have an itch to scratch and that would be my need to fix these stadiums.

I want to get the Metrodome oedited and would like to get to Ameriquest as well. I have started work on the New Busch Stadium.

So as the bricks fall in St. Louis and old Busch is replaced by the future, I too will be updating the newest MLB Park. I expect to finish before Christmas with the preliminary version. As the new season approaches I will fine tune it to look like the real deal.

I hope to recruit SeanO's expertise in the dimensions.

I will use this topic to keep you updated, so look for updates soon.

Pirate

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to get the Metrodome oedited and would like to get to Ameriquest as well. I have started work on the New Busch Stadium.

Pirate

The stadium modding was really starting to slow down lately. Glad your getting back into it a little. I'm greatly looking forward to your oedit versions of the Metrodome & Ameriquest.

As long as Pirate & MVPmods.com are around this game will never get old, lol.

I have come pretty far with my Busch Stadium II. I have removed things mostly and am about to start adding things in. I don't plan on previewing anything, because I want it to look less like the base park and more like Busch when I do upload some previews.

• 2 weeks later...

I have gotten some more done on Busch II, I dropped in the steel for the scoreboard and the out-of-town scoreboard. I still need some photos of the buildings beyond the center field fence. I have yet to touch the fences, but I did add red seats in. While it won't be perfect, it will be closer than US Cellular was out of the box

Hardcore are you in St. Louis? If you can tell me what buildings are beyond center field at Busch II(I) that would be so helpful, and are the bullpens going to be see through?

I've found that google earth is invaluable when it comes to figuring out buildings outside of a park. It is much more useful in terms of location, but it should give you an idea of structurally what is outside of the park.

And, google earth just rules.

By the way, how much are you modifying the seating areas in the park? I'm just wondering whether we'll need to rebuild the crowd by hand. The only thing I can really forsee is extending the base park's upper deck for the 4th deck which shouldn't be impossible. Butm we'll see how it's all going.

From the 3d rendering on mlb.com, it appears the bullpens have a solid fence for the first two feet or so, then transparency the rest of the way up.

By the way, in case you haven't found it and want to make sure the seating areas are right against the walls, the dimensions are as follows:

Playing Field Dimensions:

RF foul line: 336 ft.

Power alleys: 390 ft.

Centerfield: 400 ft.

LF foul line: 335 ft.

I look forward to getting into this project.

Not to be a turd, and hypocrite, but I am limiting screens of it, because I don't want people to see it in between it's base stadium and Busch II. I want there to be a feeling that it is an original park, not a mod of an existing. Right now there is enough left of the old stadium to make it feel like the base. Very soon I will feel confident enough to release some screens.

Initially Sean I am trying to get the amenities that we will find in the outfield area done before I turn to the levels and decks of seating. I have just started tackling the crowd files.

Not to be a turd, and hypocrite, but I am limiting screens of it, because I don't want people to see it in between it's base stadium and Busch II. I want there to be a feeling that it is an original park, not a mod of an existing. Right now there is enough left of the old stadium to make it feel like the base. Very soon I will feel confident enough to release some screens.

Initially Sean I am trying to get the amenities that we will find in the outfield area done before I turn to the levels and decks of seating. I have just started tackling the crowd files.

i understand. keep up the good work.

Thanks... I hope to erase all memories of the previous park.

That would be pretty fun, see if anyone can guess the source park from screenshots, whoever gets it wins a beta version or something.

As near as I can tell, the foul ground for both are extremely similar, except in the right field corner where we're going to need some surgery. One of them is perfectly perpendicular on the first and third base side, while the other is slightly angled, but this should be fixable. The bullpen location is extremely favorable, so I guess we'll just have to see whether we can get the program to recognize the bullpens a little bit further away.

Man, new Busch is going to have a huge field.

Archived