Pirate Parks: A look into the future.

Pirate

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Pirate, maybe these pictures of the construction of the new Busch Stadium can help you some. They are the best I have seen yet.

http://www.babybrains.net/busch_011106/

I posted these in another post, but here it is again just in case you didn't see them...

You just made my day with those photos. Just in time too, this week I plan to finish all the structural work and hopefully mock up some advertisements.

Not to put words into his mouth, but all signs point to Pirate going all-out on Busch at the moment ;)

You couldn't be more correct. All out on Busch until I feel it is close enough for release. One more reminder... This Busch is not going to be an exact replication. I am trying to make it look as close as possible. The first release will be based on concept drawings and what ever photos I have as it is built. As for where real ads are going... I have no clue until the stadium opens. We could call this a semi fantasy stadium, but it is going to be more real than that. I think I am going underground, or in the basement, or into hiding, seclusion, etc. and working on this thing.

I have been away and I just was looking around. The stadium looks great Pirate. What game is the stadium for? I use to play MVP Baseball 2005. Are these stadiums you are working on for MVP 2005 or is it a new game? I am looking forward to the baseball season.

Okay...so, if I might hijack this thread for just a moment...

I've never thought about downloading any stadiums outside of the Pirate/Hollywood Minute Maid and the Trues Wrigley (for my Dad) before two nights ago. I didn't think it would make that much difference in the playing experience for some naive reason.

But two nights ago, after a fresh re-install of MVP (having screwed something up again), I got all of the Pirate stadiums, the classics by paulw, Big O's Fenway, and a few others, and it has radically changed my enjoyment of the game.

I can't imagine how much work goes into constructing these, adjusting the graphics, walls, seat sections, blinking Tigers, etc., but when I play now, I feel like I'm playing in a real stadium (and I have an unmistakeable urge to drink Budweiser, for some reason). I don't skip the replays on my homers going over the fence anymore.

So, here's to Pirate and his fellow stadium modders -- may we enjoy their work for many years to come.

--Eric

Thanks my friend. Just to answer that wonderment: Ameriquest Field at Arlington Day Version has taken me about 10 hours to this point. A look into the night version made it clear I have more than the usual five hours of conversion work ahead.

We do put an amzing amount of work into these. The most difficult was the Comerica and US Cellular mods.

I urge the folks to check all of the stadiums out.

Hear, hear Eric.

If I'm not mistaken, the only stadiums done by someone other than Pirate are: Angel (HaloFan), Dodger (Rolie), Dolphins (Hyman), Fenway (Big O), Oriole Park (Big O), Rogers Centre (rdsk), Shea day, Trop (TribeTime), Turner day (PoisonMaddux), Wrigley (Trues) and Yankee (Hyman and Y2K), meaning Pirate has done over 2/3 of the parks in this game.

I think the only one that hasn't been covered at all by anyone is the night version of Minute Maid. (Is this one somewhere on your to-do list?)

All in all, Pirate, you and the other modders have turned this game into one with a replay value like very very few others. Cheers.

-By the way, I noticed in your Ameriquest thread that Nolan Ryan is second behind only Hershiser in your eyes. Which Ryan Express era did you favor most; Mets, Angels, Astros or Rangers? I have a reason behind my madness :p

Archived