controller.cfg for XBOX controllers (for MVP on the PC)

krawhitham

New version has been at TC for a while, here is a link

http://forums.total-classics.com/viewtopic.php?t=20

I can't get this link to work. Keeps coming up with an Error or says URL can't be found.

I'd like to be able to use my 360 controller for this game. Is it possible that someone could upload their controller.cfg file ??? Or, maybe post the exact text that I need to add to this file and tell me exactly where to add it within the body of existing text???

FYI, I already have the MS file necessary to use the 360 controller (have used it for playing Madden 07).

Thanks in advance !!!

I can't get this link to work. Keeps coming up with an Error or says URL can't be found.

I'd like to be able to use my 360 controller for this game. Is it possible that someone could upload their controller.cfg file ??? Or, maybe post the exact text that I need to add to this file and tell me exactly where to add it within the body of existing text???

FYI, I already have the MS file necessary to use the 360 controller (have used it for playing Madden 07).

Thanks in advance !!!

UPDATE: For the most part, I've got the controller working but there are still a few things that I can't figure out how to do. I followed Kraws instructions (finally found it on EAMods.com) and even downloaded the MVP profile shown.

Here's my problem:

1) Can't get the batter to move in the battters box

2) Can only do the slow "safe" pickoff throw

Does anybody know how to correct these ??

Thanks

i got the xbcd drivers working and i downloaded the profile for mvp i found at eamods, now i have a few things not working. I cannot get the intentional walk/hit batter to work at all, i tried assigning them to the top bumpers respectively. It has been awhile since i played mvp, am i supposed to do anything besides press them b/c nothing is happening when i press them.

Does anyone have the link for the xbox 360 controller? When I connect it to my laptop, windows update cannot find anything and I have to physically locate the file somewhere on microsoft.com. After I run this .exe, and go through all the steps I cannot locate the controller in the device manager, but I do see a question mark next to Other Devices and a subdevice with question mark called USB Device. What do you think is wrong?

I tried clicking on the links at the beginning of the thread and they either didn't work or it said the dowload wasn't available anymore. Suggestions?
Driver link

Kraw's instructions, courtesy of EA Mods

Don't use the download links for the XBCD drivers from his instructions thread. My link has both the XBCD config util and the 360 controller drivers in one installer.

So you want me to download the ... um, download that starts once you click on the top link, and only use the second link to read the step by step instructions, but not download anything from the second link, correct?

Do I load up that CD that comes with the XB360 Controller at all, or do I just use the download that you gave me the link for?

Thanks.

I can't get the controller to appear in the Device Manager. Does this happen after you install the microsoft ones or the xbcd ones? It didn't appear in there after either and only comes up as a Question Mark like I previously stated. If it is the Microsoft drivers could someone provide me with a link at where to get correct ones?

So you want me to download the ... um, download that starts once you click on the top link, and only use the second link to read the step by step instructions, but not download anything from the second link, correct?
Yes, that is correct.

Do I load up that CD that comes with the XB360 Controller at all, or do I just use the download that you gave me the link for?

Thanks.

No, the drivers on that CD are unnecessary.

I can't get the controller to appear in the Device Manager. Does this happen after you install the microsoft ones or the xbcd ones? It didn't appear in there after either and only comes up as a Question Mark like I previously stated. If it is the Microsoft drivers could someone provide me with a link at where to get correct ones?
You should see a controller no matter which one you installed. Did you install the drivers with the controller unplugged?

That said, the XBCD ones are preferred since they give you more options for configuration.

OK, got a few more questions for ya since I don't want to screw things up when I try this:

1) Should I double click on that XBCD XP file (the one you linked me to earlier) before I plug the controller into the USB port, or while I have the controller plugged in?

2) Will using the file you gave me affect my game play at all during other games, say, like Halo PC, that I have used it for before and it worked well?

3) Again using the file you linked me to and no other, can I use the controller "like a mouse" for in game menu browsing, as I have seen several other ask about here?

Thanks again

You should see a controller no matter which one you installed. Did you install the drivers with the controller unplugged?

That said, the XBCD ones are preferred since they give you more options for configuration.

That's not the case here (I installed with controller plugged in)

example.jpg

OK, got a few more questions for ya since I don't want to screw things up when I try this:

1) Should I double click on that XBCD XP file (the one you linked me to earlier) before I plug the controller into the USB port, or while I have the controller plugged in?

2) Will using the file you gave me affect my game play at all during other games, say, like Halo PC, that I have used it for before and it worked well?

3) Again using the file you linked me to and no other, can I use the controller "like a mouse" for in game menu browsing, as I have seen several other ask about here?

Thanks again

1.That's the way I installed. It probably doesn't matter, but I've seen some computers screw things up if you don't install the drivers before plugging things in.

2.It'll affect other games, if you have previously configured them to use the gamepad using the Microsoft drivers.

3. The XBCD driver applet doesn't have the ability to do this (that I know of). You probably need another application to configure that and I don't know the name of it offhand.

2.It'll affect other games, if you have previously configured them to use the gamepad using the Microsoft drivers.

But if I use your driver AND THEN try to use it to play Halo PC it should work like normal?

And what's the point of this extra driver anyways? The controller doesn't work for MVP 2005 without it?

I assume you meant "Don't search I will choose the driver to install" when you said pick from a list option. After that I select the hardware type as "sound, video, and game controllers" then click next. It lists several vendors, none of which are xbox or microsoft.

ata.jpg

But if I use your driver AND THEN try to use it to play Halo PC it should work like normal?

You'll probably have to remap the controls (if you use the gamepad).

And what's the point of this extra driver anyways? The controller doesn't work for MVP 2005 without it?
the biggest benefits are being able to configure the triggers as independent buttons instead of parts of a single axis and the added rumble support. MVP works with the default MS drivers, but it works better with the XBCD drivers.

I assume you meant "Don't search I will choose the driver to install" when you said pick from a list option. After that I select the hardware type as "sound, video, and game controllers" then click next. It lists several vendors, none of which are xbox or microsoft.
The XBCD driver should be listed as a "Human Interface Device".

One other thing, have you tried configuring your gamepad on another machine?

When I choose Human Interface Device I have a large choice of vendors to choose from. There's nothing xbox related under Microsoft and I cannot find anything XBCD related. I have no other machines to test this on currently unfortunately.

aag.jpg