Throw left, hit right?

xiberger

I just realized that I'm an oddity because like Jason Lane I'm throwing left, but hitting right. Anyone else in here that does that?

btw, as I was writing these lines, Lane hit a solo-homerun in game 3 of the World Series. So the approach is weird, but effective.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is an advantage to throwing right and batting lefty because most pitchers are righty. I know that Rickey hit righty while throwing lefty because he saw others on his little league team batting righty so he copied them. Little did they know that they played with the best leadoff hitter to ever live. Imagine how many more hits he could have ran out as a left-handed batter.

Ryan Ludwick is another recent player who throws lefty and bats righty.

There is an advantage to throwing right and batting lefty because most pitchers are righty. I know that Rickey hit righty while throwing lefty because he saw others on his little league team batting righty so he copied them. Little did they know that they played with the best leadoff hitter to ever live. Imagine how many more hits he could have ran out as a left-handed batter.

Ryan Ludwick is another recent player who throws lefty and bats righty.

Wow Ricky should not have listened to Ricky. :D

• 2 months later...

i throw left but hit right, i'm learning to bat left now though.

I too throw left and bat right. I think those of us with this opposite combo should feel very lucky to have our stronger and more dextrous arm controlling most of the flow and force of the bat.

I wasted a lot of time at the early part of my high school career trying to learn to bat lefty and i am certain that it ended up compromising my natural righty swing. Unless you are under 10 yrs old and playing t-ball or something, I strongly urge young ballplayers not to "try" to be switch hitters or develop a swing opposite their natural swing.

• 1 month later...

Jason Marquis throws right/bats left. Why a pitcher wants to have their pitching arm in front when they bat is odd.

when you are a pitcher and you can hit like jason marquis, i dont see the problem. i wouldnt hit lefty because i pitch lefty.

and yeah, i throw lefty and hit righty too. yay. when i was little, i was a swtich hitter though. but i had an eye problem that made it hard to hit lefty so i stuck to hitting righty. the eye problem is gone but there is no way i can get used to hitting lefty again. its not like riding a bike.

• 1 month later...

Archived