Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Yankee4Life

Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 10 - 6

Updated to 6-17

...Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there! Enjoy your day, sit back and relax. You deserve it.

...I bet Elijah Dukes will be busy all day fielding phone calls wishing him a happy Father's day. :lol:

...Last month for Mother's Day the advertisers were pushing jewelry to get for your mom because "she deserves the very best" and this month they are pushing power tools or a brand new lawnmower on good old dad. Great, give him something that will make him do more work.

...Total Classics 1978 is another mod that you are going to get lost in. Jim825 did a great job capturing the look of how things were in that magical season twenty-nine years ago.

...Please tell me they are kidding when they are selling this!!!

I never knew they played in any great games that they've actually won.

...Alfonso Soriano continues to prove that he's nothing but a lazy, selfish hot dog.

...This week LPGA golfers like Paula Creamer and Natalie Gulbis will be playing at a golf course very near where I live.

...I'll say it again and again. I hate interleague play.

...Has anyone tried that new Pepsi drink, the one they have that's a limited edition Summer one? It's supposed to have a mix of tropical flavors or something like that.

...Roger Clemens has done everything the Yankees have asked for since he came back, and they need all they can right now.

-Im still enjoying Royals baseball, especially the past few weeks.

-Currently 2-0 4.37 era this season. I have nearly nothing left in my arm and have had to rely on curves and sinkers in both my starts. The fastball is gone. POOF! Gone. But Im sitting at 99 career semipro wins, one more baby.

-Speaking of babies, wife and I are getting ready for a third.

-My internet is so slow. But living out in the sticks is kinda worth it. Except It takes days for me to DL anything.

7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, BB, 3 K

Loss.

There was a point I thought I would get to watch every fifth day and enjoy it this season. Now I can't even do that.

When's college football start again?

...I hate the TV Company of this city, Megacable, the last year channel 8 was our baseball channel, they always aired a good game and when it was over the company was airing Espnews on that channel, on february all changed... THEY CHANGED OUR BASEBALL CHANNEL FOR OLN! WTF?!?!. I dont want to see old men fishing, we live in the desert! WE WANT BASEBALL!... They started airing some games this season in that channel again but the 80% of them are of the KC Royals or the FLA Marlins because Jorge de la Rosa and Joakim Soria play for the royals and Alfredo Amezaga plays for the marlins... you can imagine what game was on this morning:

TV Company guy 1: Lets see... we have Detroit @ Philadelphia... San Francisco at Boston... Florida @ Kansas City...

TV Company guy 2: OMG! FLA @ KC... Soria will pitch against Amezaga!!!! Put that game on!

Customers: ****... another bad game...

Guess what, Soria didnt even pitch against Amezaga you stupid guys.

...Also I hate Disney Channel because always I turn it there is something about "High School Musical" I hate that!, Its been like that since December only this things:

"High School Musical: Pop up version", "HSM the concert", "HSM Backstage" "HSM the reality show", etcetera... Now I turned it on this morning and I saw something horrible.... a commercial about "High School Musical 2".... I got anew thing for HSM... "**** you HSM" Its official... Disney Channel sucks. Like the TV Company.

...The reds lost... what a surprise...

...Griffey Jr. needs 18 homeruns to be in the 600+ HR Club and everybody talks about it instead of talking about Sosa who needs only 1 HR to be in the 600+ HR Club, thats great!

...Dunn is 4th in HRs and Griffey is 5th and the reds have a 27-43 W/L record... Thanks Krivsky.

...Caribbean Time. A Yaquis de Obregon dynasty will start in this month. Stay tuned!

...I hate Bonds as much as Y4L hates Soriano.

...Griffey will play against Seattle for the first time in his career, but knowing my TV Company they will air a KC game instead... :headache:

what the hell mariners...

i miss my dad, we all miss my dad

this stupid lack of work lately really is making me poor.

im going camping on saturday, cant wait

one last dental appointment tomorrow, in the last week and a half i've had a root canal, and 5 cavities filled. I'm one lucky SOB for not having any wisdom teeth at all.

I know its Monday....

I have an English Final in 2 hours. I usually don't like to be confident but wit the time I've put into it, I'm sure I'll do really well. Just don't talk to me about that History final tomorrow, yeesh....

See ya guys.

Updated to 6-24

...I think it was a nice thing that the Mariners did for Griffey when he returned to Seattle. They didn't have to do a thing, but it made the fans and Griffey happy.

...This is the first full week of summer. There's nothing better than the summer season. Nothing in this world beats this time of year.

...I wonder who answers more technical support questions during the course of a week, AOL customer service or Krawhitham, answering questions on two websites? :)

...Hey!!! Look who's screwing up again! It's the Yankees.

...I met Jim Kaat on Thursday (June 21st) at a autograph signing. Waited in line over an hour just to shake his hand and say thank you. Nice guy.

...Saw Fantastic Four:Rise of the Silver Surfer yesterday afternoon. It's a definate "must-see" on your summer movie list. I won't give away any plot of the movie, let's just say there's a lot of action. :)

...I wonder why just about everyone is so sure A-Rod is going to opt out of his contract at the end of the year? He has not said a thing about it and I of course hope he does not. Just imagine how bad we'd be without him this year.

...I love watching reruns of The Beverly Hillbillies because that show cracks me up.

...Now that I have one, I wonder how I ever got along without my DVR recorder.

...All I need to do now is figure out how to use it myself without grabbing the wife and making her do it for me. :lol:

Sad to see the Yankees going back downhill again this week after it looked like they were bouncing back - here's hoping they'll get back to what they were doing a few weeks back.

Regardless, though, A-Rod is still on a tear. All the talk of Barry Bonds breaking Aaron's record really seems incomplete when you think that A-Rod has almost 500 homers already - even if most of them were in Ameriquest Field.

Here's hoping Jeter's hip injury isn't too serious.

Didn't do too much today, but it's good to get back to normal again. Had my Uncle's funeral to attend last Sunday. For all the youngsters on the site, if you ever hear the phrase "You don't know what you've got until it's gone", remember it, because it's very, very true.

If anyone has a Dell computer and ever has an issue where they need to call technical support, please go through the diagnostics on the Dell website before calling. It saves us time, it'll save you time (and thus, less phone charges), and most of all, it'll save both parties a lot of hassle.

So much for summer. If you've ever been to the U.K., or, more precisely, Scotland, you should know that we don't get summer - we have a winter and a spring. 10 months of cold and rain, and 2 months of heat and rain. Thunderstorms, flash flooding and sudden rain storms. Had plans to hit the basketball courts today, but the rain put an end to that as well.

So Larry King has secured an unpaid interview with Paris Hilton, 1 day after her release from jail. I want to start a competition for the name of the show. My entry is "Who cares?".

Oh, and George W. Bush met with the Vietnamese president to give him a lecture on human rights. Oh, the irony. Quote from Dubya; ""Societies are enriched when people are allowed to express themselves freely or worship freely". This is the same president who has killed countless people in various countries since being elected, and the same president who allows his law enforcement agencies to conduct unjust surveillance on, among many other groups, hip-hop artists based on what they say in their music? Get the **** outta here. Someone send this guy for some political re-education, please!

Out for another week. Peace.

Updated to 7-1

...Hey, it's July! July's always been my favorite month of the year because of summer, the All Star game and baseball. My birthday's in July also. When I was a kid, that day was an event for me. Now it's just another day.

...Common sense and lack of money prevented me from getting an iPhone the day it came out.

...Luckily I was working yesterday during the Yankees 7 - 0 loss to Oakland so I didn't get to see that "exciting" game. From all accounts of what I heard about it, it was as boring as hell.

...When Kyle Farnsworthless threw his glove at the dugout wall a few days ago it was the only perfect strike he's thrown all year. Save it for the game you son of a *&^%^.

...It took Scott Proctor a couple of tries to burn his uniform and baseball gear because when he tried to throw the matches on the stuff, he kept missing low and outside.

...Let's not beat around the subject any longer, this is a terrible Yankee team and a lot of people are going to be shown the door after this season.

...Want to try a cool summer drink that you can do yourself? Get a glass of your favorite iced tea and put two scoops of frozen Italian lemon ice in it. That's it! Enjoy.

...Don't laugh, but I watch the Food Network. Of course, Giada DeLaurentiis has a lot to do with it.

...My dogs got it better than I do. While I am outside working in the heat, they are home in central air sleeping all day. :lol:

...I can't get into card games. Solitaire, whatever is out there. I just can't play it and enjoy doing it.

Scott Proctor is hilarious!

This is too!

dearmiriamhx5.jpg

... As a 2k Fan, I am really impressed by All Pro Football 2k8. The animation is simply amazing along with the detail on the jerseys. I love the idea of being able to make your own team out of Gold, Silver, and Bronze tier legends. That is just one of the best ideas I have ever heard of for a game. Many people beleived it wouldn't stand a chance, but guess what? It is the 3rd most popular game on Gamespot, behind The Darkness and Grand Theft Auto IV. That is truly amazing.

... I agree with Y4L. This Yankees team is just atrocious this year (with an exception of several players)

... Our website is doing pretty good. We have been getting a lot of hits and we are going to be having a Q&A with 2K President, Anthony Chau. This will be very interesting. Can't wait.

Updated to 7-1

...Hey, it's July! July's always been my favorite month of the year because of summer, the All Star game and baseball. My birthday's in July also. When I was a kid, that day was an event for me. Now it's just another day.

My birthday is in July too!

Updated to 7-8

...After working over twelve hours overtime this week, I am completely and without question, beat. I'd much rather be here.

...No one does Old Timers Day like the New York Yankees.

...But I'll have to wait to next year to see it, because I was working. :cry:

...Finalizing a trip to Cooperstown this year. It will be sometime in the summer but the day is not set yet. I'll be sure to take photos of all the Yankee displays and mementos they have there.

...Complain about Roger Clemens all you want, but he has given the Yankees exactly what they have needed from him and that's good pitching. It's not his fault these bums suck playing together as a team.

...It's not just the Angels the Yankees can't beat. They can't beat anyone this year. Except themselves of course.

...I don't know why, but I've been playing a lot of computer bowling lately. I do that every once in awhile. I have to confess I am better on the computer lanes than I am in real life. :lol:

...Cheers to Kraw for creating his TiT program. I'm sure this will make things a lot easier for everyone installing mods.

...I don't know anyone who likes steamed clams more than I do. They can be expensive, but they're worth it.

...Aw hell, now I'm thinking of them.

...Relatives coming up next weekend. Got to think of a new place to hide.

- I am planning a trip to Massachusets to visit a woman I have been speaking to for quite some time. I would like to have Y4L make me an amulet, or a talisman of some sort to protect me against Red Sox fans, as I will be far outnumbered. However I will not be in Boston, I will be somewhere near Bristol County, specifically Fall River.

- I finished re-doing the uniform textures for the MLB teams, with minor tweaks for Total Uniforms 2007. Things are looking pretty good, although I'm not going to hit that deadline I'd like to hit.

- I haven't blogged about anything in a couple of weeks and I feel like MVPMods is due for another KC-esque entry real soon. The one I did about handling criticism was golden IMO.

- I had a major epiphany the other day, which brings me back to the blog. Screw it, I'll type it now.

- My summer is going very well, and recently I have acquired my driver's license, and my interest in purchasing a car, albeit a used one, has skyrocketed. I would like to drive my own vehicle. I don't want people to think that I want a car just because my friends have one, because I was never the envious type. I have my own agenda to fulfill, which is why I want a car, and I hate taking the subway every day that I am forced to ride it. I'm upset that I do not have an automobile but the only reason that I am upset is because my parents had been really pushing for me to get a license since I had my good ol' Learner's Permit, and now that I have one, I'd really like to exercise my right to drive. I guess I got a license for the sake of having one...whatever.

- I am awesome in real life as I am at MVPMods. Keep that in mind this summer when I post my super-awesomely-fun summer photo thread in the near future. I simply rock.

Updated to 7-15

...I think Gary Sheffield sounds more and more like an idiot each time he opens his mouth.

...Scott Bora$ wants A-Rod to have 30 million a year? For how long? Just for the next few years so he can re-negotiate again?

...I've really enjoyed watching the first installment of "The Bronx is Burning" because it brings back some happy memories of watching and listening to the Yankees back then.

...Anyone ever been to a flea market? That's where you go to see other people try to get rid of the crap that they have so you can buy it for yourself. I'll be going to one today. Oh well, at least it is not a mall.

...I got relatives in from out of town this weekend. God knows where I'm going to have to take them now. They come from a small town and they love shopping. :) And I can't stand going to any stores.

...Oh, stores like Comp-USA and EB games are excluded, but they never want to go there.

...Welcome back Monk and Psych on the USA Network.

...Got taken out to dinner last night for my birthday at an Italian steakhouse. They had a 24 ounce steak for an excellent price that everyone got except me. I had the lasagna because I can't eat that much meat.

...I've been thinking about KC's dilemma about going to Massachusets to visit some woman because he said he wanted some kind of protection against all the Red Sox fans he is going to encounter there. I figure carrying a baseball bat with him will keep the Sox fans at a distance. :lol: Sure as hell would work for me.

...Little known fact about myself: I have been in Fenway Park more than I have been to Yankee Stadium. I've been to Fenway three times and Yankee Stadium twice. Yes, there are good reasons for this miscarriage of justice.

He probably won't be a big name across the pond yet, but keep your eyes open for Amir Khan if you're a boxing fan. He had his 13th fight on Saturday night, his first real test, and he came out strongly. A lot of boxing critics have been saying that he hadn't had a true test and hadn't shown much power, but on Saturday night, he fought Commonwealth Champion Willie Lomond from Glasgow and won in the 7th round. He took a beating in the 6th and was lucky to survive, but showed true heart and grit in getting off the canvas, taking the best Lomond had, then coming out in the 7th and landing a succession of sweet punches, including an uppercut which broke Lomond's jaw. Lomond's corner pulled him out before the 8th and Khan took the belt. It emeged just after the fight that Lomond had also suffered a broken nose. So much for the "no power" angle. Not only that, he's fast as all hell. I'm just waiting for this fight to be leaked to the torrents or released on DVD.

It's Glasgow fair weekend here, and most places were off on Friday and off today - no such luck. In on Friday, in today.

If I hear the word "capacitor" tomorrow, I'll either scream or burst into a fit of laughter.

Back to the single life after an 8 month releationship. Long-distance relationships really do test you, but it'll work out better for us both in the long run. Tip to the fellas - stay local if possible!

The weather is absolutely crazy here. Usually, we do get some sort of summer - so far this year, we've had nothing. A few sunny days in April and May, since then, it's just been rain, rain and more rain. Messes with your mind...I can't believe it's the middle of July already. The year's going to be over before we know it.

Thinking about getting a notebook - the Inspiron 1721 looks decent. Now I just need to hassle the guys in sales tomorrow to get XP on it instead of Vista and remove the wireless card and Microsoft "Works". Who even uses that crap?

Scary fact of the week about hip-hop - the best tracks that are being released are seriously sliding toward the R&B genre, and the best actual hip-hop that's being released is on remixes. Thank God KRS-One and Marley Marl have released an album - it might bring some life back to the music.

Shout to KC for getting me started on Daft Punk...I didn't see it coming at all.

Remember the mini-CDs you could get years ago that came as free CDs for magazines etc.? Found these in a store the other day;

dscf1355tb2.jpg

1.4GB mini-DVD-Rs! 4 for £1 too, pretty good deal. :D

Have a good week. :)

Updated to 7-22

...I don't like that trade the Yankees made last night at all with the Angels because I have the feeling that the guy the Yankees traded (Jeff Kennard) is going to be pretty good.

...Hey MarkB, this all would have been prevented if the Yankees had not acquired S.O.B. Randy Johnson and traded away Dioneer Navarro. What a backup he would be right now!

...Michael Vick must be pretty worried about his NFL career right now. GOOD.

...Does anyone feel any sympathy for the Champion Cardinals (44-50 record) this year? I sure as hell don't.

...Hey Yanks! I know you are playing well right now, but I am still not being drawn in yet. Keep it up though.

...Although I do like Shelley Duncan's enthusiasm for the game. Maybe it will be contagious in the Yankee locker room.

...A big thank you to Krawhitham for doing the updated Mod Squad and Forum Fanatics teams. Those teams are always fun to play with in the game. It is very much appreciated Kraw!!

...After reading Mark's random thoughts for last week, I have to give KCCitystar a big thank you also. I want to thank KC for not giving me any tips on who to listen to. :lol: What in hell is a Daft Punk? No wait, don't tell me.

...Doesn't that Akinori Iwamura guy from Tampa Bay have the exact same batting stance and swing as Ichiro does?

...Two more weeks and I have vacation. Not that I am trying to rush it or anything.

...Been awhile since I posted in here...

...Been a working...ALOT. Haven't had much time to do anything else. Been good to get the overtime though, as our new baby is due the first of September.

...Have had the chance to play 5 rounds of golf this year. Started slow, but my game is progressing. Very addictive sport.

...Damn those Jays...DAMN THEM TO HECK!

...Thanks to KC for his very interesting blogs. Nice to read, and be patient. Things will work out for you.

...Thanks goes out to Kraw for the T.I.T. program. Simply amazing, and also thanks for updating the Modders and FF teams.

...Watch out Red Sox fans...here comes them Yanks.

...See you all next week.

Haven't done this in a while........

- I'm kind of happy the Mets aren't running away with the division. I think playing meaningful games until mid to late september will actually help there play in the playoffs.

- Valentin broke his leg, and is probably out for the season. I know this is mean, and I feel bad for the guy, but we really needed a consistant second basemen thats going to give us more production. I like Gotay.

- Mets lineup should be as followed when Alou comes back next week: Reyes, LoDuca, Beltran, Wright, Delgado, Alou, Green, Gotay. Pretty solid if you ask me.

- That David Becham commerical, featuring the remake of the Beatles "Hello Goodbye", has the song stuck in my head.

-Double header today. Haven't played since last Sunday because I've been on vacation. Arm feels great, but it should be fun batting.

- I've been working on my splitfinger and I learned, like a cutter, if I put more pressure on my middle finger while throwing, it drops and slides away from a right handed batter.

- I know it's July but I can't wait for the hockey season to start. First, I wana play, and second I can't wait to see Chris Drury and Gomez in a Rangers jersey, along with Jagr, Shanahan, and Lundquist. All we need to do is sign Sean Avery. He's going to bey key if we want to win this year.

-

- I want to thank the people out here who read my blogs and are willing to offer me some advice. I am always open-minded and I'm willing to learn and understand where people come from with what they say. It's one of the many ways this kid can grow. After some thinking, a solution has been reached and I feel much better about life and everything in general.

- Daft Punk are gods. Gods in France, gods in house music, and gods in club scenes. I praise them a lot because I've followed them since junior high school and they've come a LONG way in terms of music and popularity.

Y4L, I'm not sure if you are into house music or techno or any of those related genres, but they are probably the greatest collaborative duo ever to touch the House genre of music. I managed to catch their live show on youtube, which is not official but it is video from a news broadcast and man those guys know how to put on a show. I cannot wait for the NYC show next month to close out my summer.

- No, I still haven't left to Massachusetts yet to visit this woman, but I am planning to make the most out of my trip, because I'd like to experience something new outside of my normal habitat. I just hope she doesn't like me enough to the point where she'll want to keep me around longer than what I'm planning. Don't worry, I will be sporting my Yankee jersey with pride, and I'll have a small vial of Yankee Stadium mound dirt in case anything happens with Red Sox fans :lol: I kid, I kid.

- Yes, I agree, Sheffield should drink a nice glass of STFU.

- My dreams of buying a vehicle to get around have not died yet, and it won't.

- I have yet to find a job, but I am trying.

- I'll touch on other topics in my blogs, as it helps develop my writing and people seem to love them. I won't touch on just any topic, just stuff that applies to me and my daily life.

One more thing, if anyone knows about the new Grand Theft Auto coming out, it takes place in NY.

Is there any reason they have Manhatten, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, New Jersey, but no Staten Island?

Also, I read in the paper how SI has traffic problems and everything. If you really wan't to cut down pollution and increase transportation, you have to build an extensive subway system that extends throughout the boro, connect that subway system to the Brooklyn subway, build a subway that goes to Manhattem, or even put a bridge that goes straight to the city.

It's a pain in the *** going all the way through Brooklyn just to get to Manhatten and it's worse traveling to Shea or Yankee Stadium.

All I ask is that you please put a subway system that connects lines with the rest of the city.

None of those things apply cause SI is less a part of NY then New Jersey. :D

Staten Island is just New Yorks garbage dump and New Jersey is just Staten Island's :p

Also, I read in the paper how SI has traffic problems and everything. If you really want to cut down pollution and increase transportation, you have to build an extensive subway system that extends throughout the borough, connect that subway system to the Brooklyn subway, build a subway that goes to Manhattan, or even put a bridge that goes straight to the city.

It's a pain in the **** going all the way through Brooklyn just to get to Manhattan and it's worse traveling to Shea or Yankee Stadium.

All I ask is that you please put a subway system that connects lines with the rest of the city.

That costs money, and money is something the city doesn't know how to spend wisely. It's not that hard to get into brooklyn or queens, it all depends what trains you take to get around. I live a stone's throw away from Manhattan, and in order to get downtown I take the train that has the least amount of stops on some days, and on other days the train that is least packed.

The city is currently trying to build the 2nd Ave. Subway Line which will ease the congestion on the east side of Manhattan.

As we all NYers should know, the East side of Manhattan is served only by 3 subway lines, the 4,5 and 6, two of them running on the same track.

On top of that, what sucks even more balls is the way the subway is set up with trains coming in from Queens, where you have your express train (the E) linking to a LOCAL subway station (51st street on the 6), and your LOCAL queens train

(the R) connecting to the express station in Manhattan (59th Street on the 4,5,6)

It's all a clusterfcuk.

I wish I ran the MTA, I would run it exactly like Boston has it, where the last subway train leaves at midnight, and the only source of public transportation would be the buses.

Increased bus service at night, Increased subway service during the day = Win.

Never go bowling. You could rupture a flexor tendon.

Then again, you could be smart enough to stop bowling when your finger first hurts...instead of drinking more to numb the pain and get two more games in.

Oh yeah...Giants still suck.