Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

...With baseball ending, its time for basketball and hockey to start. Maybe the Warriors will do good this year, who knows. Go Sharks.

...I got an extra hour of sleep with these clock changes! Thank you Ben Franklin. (if you don' get this, :stupid:)

...Goin' to a costume party today, should be pretty fun. Apparently we can do what ever we want as long as we don't burn down the house. In other words, total chaos and anarchy.

...Another great day of football. Before the party, pigging out on some finger foods and watching the Broncos vs. Colts game with some friends. Should be pretty entertaining, especially with Broncos fans in the house. I know I know, how can I be friends with Broncos fans? Yeah, well, its mostly the Dad that cares.

...With Halloween approaching, I have finally picked out some stuff to wear. I most likely will not go trick-or-treating since I have basketball try outs until 7:30. Its pretty much the stupidest day to have them ever, but I'll live. Its more fun to stay home, watch scary movies, eat candy, and watch all the little kids walk by in their cute little costumes anyway.

...I should really do some studying. My science class is getting increasingly harder and I am on the verge of the first B in my life. Extra credit is a wonderful thing.

...Congratulations to the Cardinals. They outplayed the Tigers, and shocked the hell out of me. Who woulda thought this a month ago, the Cardinals win the series 4-1 over Detroit. Pretty odd if you ask me.

...So people call the NL West the worst division in baseball. Yet, there are two teams in the NL West (Dodgers and Padres) that finished with better records then the Cardinals, who were in fact atop the NL Central. ESPN, :stfu: and stop making idiots of yourselves.

...Okay, I'm done. See you all next week.

Why is it that a team has these promotion/charity things that say they'll donate money to a charity is a team hits a homer or steals a base in a certain inning.

If they have the money to give, just give them the money.

Because you know there is some kid watching that game thinking, " All I need is a homer to get that surgery I need, wait, it's the damn bottom of the order. That pitcher can't hit"

Why is it that a team has these promotion/charity things that say they'll donate money to a charity is a team hits a homer or steals a base in a certain inning.

If they have the money to give, just give them the money.

Because you know there is some kid watching that game thinking, " All I need is a homer to get that surgery I need, wait, it's the damn bottom of the order. That pitcher can't hit"

Because it's all about getting the company/charity's name out there. The Brewers, like all teams I'm sure, have that sort of thing. The "Menard's" Big Inning, etc. If the 1,2,3, and 4 hitters for a cycle in the 6th and only the 6th inning, then 1 lucky person out of 3,000,000 will win a $100 gift certificate from Menards, only to be used at Dallas' Menards, 1000 miles away. It's stupid, but advertising is the name of the game.

Better late then never...

I miss this site. I am stuck doing over time at work until the 15 or so of November...Yes, I even miss the spammers...

Wow, the Cardinals won. I though for sure the Tigers were gonna take it...Pujols is the best ballplayer in the world...hands down.

Christmas is right around the corner, and my son has a list a mile long...a couple of video games that I would like to play though, so I have to make sure Santa brings them.

I still love you ABC006...spam or no spam, your a good guy. Don't take anything I say or type to heart...I love you all....

Have a good couple of weeks, and I will peek in from now and then..

Take Care.

Updated to 11-5

...Wow, this thread is over a year old now. Pretty good. I like how topics can branch off into anything in here and it's always fun to read. Maybe that's what it's called random thoughts? :mexican:

...I'm glad Halloween is over. I don't like watching horror movies at all. And in the next few days the elections will be done and all the windbag politicians will go back in the woodwork.

...Oh, I am not either a Democrat or a Republican. I don't give a *&* to listen to either one of them and their lies. I've never once had an interest in politics.

...Free agent filings should be due any day now. I forget the exact date. Note to self: check UncleMo's sig and I'll find out there.

:grin:

...I hate Scott Boras.

...Gary Sheffield is one reason why the general public dislikes today's ballplayers. He's crying because the Yankees decided to pick up his 13 million dollar option. That means they are going to pay him that much. That guy's got a hard life for sure.

...Jeff Suppan?? What the hell? Just because he had a good post season I read articles how the Yankees and other teams are "looking at him" for pitching help next year. This guy's a Kansas City reject. Keep this idiot out of the Bronx. :headache:

...And I am glad Bernie Williams has filed for free agency. As soon as he leaves, close the door and change the locks. He's done.

...The rest of this year is going to fly, just watch. And then when January gets here, it will start to drag. Happens every year.

...Anyone have the NFL Network? I got it on Directv and it's pretty good. Sure they got some crap on it, but it's still not bad.

...Sorry if this is old news to some, but they are making a sequel to one of my favorite movies, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. The second movie, which is to be released next year some time is going to be called Harold and Kumar go to Amsterdam.

...I hate Scot Boras too. Don't these guys have enough money? I'm always waiting from some player who says, "It's okay, i don't need a huge contract, spend it on like better hot dogs for teh stadium or something". And how players always go to the team who offers the most money. And nobody start talking about A-Rod. I'm pretty sure A-Rod has actually learned from the mistake.

...Another comment about y4l: it's not that i find politics "interesting" - i defenitely don't watch C-SPAN for fun. but i care about the world and peace and everything like that. it just really bugs me when people can't just smack themselves in teh face and say "damn, this is stupid, we should cut it out. they made mistakes but we have too." but of course, if that ever happens, the other side doesn't think like that. When was the last war that ended in a Peace Treaty? Mostly the war is won, and then about five years later, a treaty is signed. anyway...

...I really hope the Yanks don't sign matsuzaka even though he seems like a pretty cool player. It'll just get the media started on the rich yanks again.

...see sig. 8)

...if Pittsburgh (the Penguins) could get their **** together off the ice, they have a damned good foundation built on it to keep them in contention for quite awhile. I really don't want them to move (even though Kansas City is a likely candidate). Just keep them there in Pittsburgh - please.

...Florida clinched the East, and a birth in the SEC championship. They didn't look pretty doing it - hell they never do. However, I think the fact that Leak is in charge could hurt their chances in the BCS hunt - he really is a vagina. 3 INTs vs Vandy? C'mon...

...I'm with Y4L - I have no use for politics. Don't give me that "every vote matters crap." If I don't care, why should I make a decision on something I know nothing about? Isn't that worse than not voting at all?

...that Total Classics mod is probably my favorite on this site. Some might have seen my "Total Classics Madness", and for those that have, I hope you enjoy it. It's all kinds of fun playing through it, watching players that could never face off go at it. I definitely recommended trying TC if you haven't already.

...finally, I liked Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle as well. Hope they don't run it in the ground though...

I plan on losing 20 or so lbs before next baseball season. Id like to catch again, plus the extra weight(6'1", 245) the past 2 seasons has torn the crap out of my legs.

My only dietary change thus far has been switching from coffee to hot tea in the morning. Baby steps.

My wife saw me testing some rosters this morning and stated, "Baseball in the morning. Baseball at night . Baseball all summer. Baseball, baseball baseball." I said, " Thats right woman." Gave her some sugar, slapped her behind and said, "Here's the card, go buy yourself something pretty."

not really

Updated to 11-5

...Wow, this thread is over a year old now. Pretty good. I like how topics can branch off into anything in here and it's always fun to read. Maybe that's what it's called random thoughts? :mexican:

Wow, A year old. If the Sharks can stop being streaky and play like they did last year than they will have a shot at the Stanley Cup. Damn, school is tomorrow.

I plan on losing 20 or so lbs before next baseball season. Id like to catch again, plus the extra weight(6'1", 245) the past 2 seasons has torn the crap out of my legs.

My only dietary change thus far has been switching from coffee to hot tea in the morning. Baby steps.

My wife saw me testing some rosters this morning and stated, "Baseball in the morning. Baseball at night . Baseball all summer. Baseball, baseball baseball." I said, " Thats right woman." Gave her some sugar, slapped her behind and said, "Here's the card, go buy yourself something pretty."

not really

Not really? Why, is something wrong with that? :whistle:

I've got too many random thoughts right now, so I won't even start. Suffice it to say, my post would be the longest in the history of MVPMods, as well as possibly the rest of the internet. And that's if I could get it all organised. :tired:

I'm leaving out the "not really" part, because in my mind, this actually happened.

Strong work.

.... can someone please tell me why when ben roethlisberger had one good game against the chiefs, everyone and their brother said "ben's back" there was even an article in sports illustrated on it. "big ben" is terrible, and is easily the most overrated player in the NFL maybe even pro sports all together.

....Go Bengals

....I read that the Reds have some interest in signing Louis Gonzalez. This makes me happy, and sad at the same time. Happy that they are at least seemingly in spending some money to get some big free agent. Gonzalez won't come cheap. Sad because they need pitching. they need starting pitching, relief pitching, and a closer. Granted the offense struggled down the stretch, but if the bullpen didn't blow so many games, it wouldn't have mattered.

....I've softened my hatred of the yankees by about 0.001% The reason you ask? I watched an old episode of american chopper this past week, and jorge posada had them build a Yankees bike to be auctioned off for charity. the bike was awesome, but that's not what made me soften my stance on them. it was the fact that they invited the tuttle family down to watch a game at the stadium, and since the Yankees knew "grandma tuttle" is a huge Yankees fan they treated her like royalty. They even let her wear one of their championship rings while watching the game down in the stands. That was a very classy move in my opinion.

....my family and I put up our outside christmas decorations yesterday. this makes me so very happy. so happy that I went and saw santa clause 3 last night.

....I wanted to put up the tree and all decorations last week, but was shot down.

....my family and I put up our outside christmas decorations yesterday. this makes me so very happy. so happy that I went and saw santa clause 3 last night.

this is in no way a personal attack to Mav3rek, but why the hell has christmas turned into a three month holiday? the damn pumpkins haven't even been tossed out yet and a good number of people have already started with the lights and other BS. it makes no goddamn sense...

I'm sick, that sucks.

The Jets have a bye, darn, killing my football buzz, I get to watch Eli Manning stomp on the Texans (and hopefully not stomp Albert Haynesworth style).

I'm finally over the Mets, It was kinda a long period this year, but lets go find us some Free Agents.

How come the Knicks are such a mess? To quote Stephen A Smith, "The Knicks are terrible and so is Rasho Nesterovic"

How can you put Stevie Franchise and Starbury on the court at once???

Why is Eddy Curry the most passive 6'10 285 lb person I've ever seen? 20 points and 2 rebounds?!?!

I hate the Knicks, cause I love em so much...

this is in no way a personal attack to Mav3rek, but why the hell has christmas turned into a three month holiday? the damn pumpkins haven't even been tossed out yet and a good number of people have already started with the lights and other BS. it makes no goddamn sense...

.....grinch....

:lol: